Thread: Loyalty Rewards

Hybrid View

Default Loyalty Rewards

Back in 2007 when Virtrium first began development of the game, we promised Loyalty Rewards. It has taken considerably more time and effort than any of us would have ever thought when that promise was made to bring you such rewards, and we've had many setbacks along the way that have delayed progress on the system, but we will be patching to Blight very soon an update that finally will bring Loyalty Rewards to fruition. And so we'd like your thoughts and input on what sort of rewards would be worth your long term loyalty.

A few brief qualifiers to this.
    At this time we are not prepared to introduce new art work. While we have some plans for new art work for future updates, what we can do right now within the time frame we're looking at does not allow it.

This also means no new technology beyond that which is required to give you the Tokens and allow you to redeem them.

The items which exist on Anarie in game presently will still exist and will be available. What we are looking for here are suggestions for additional items.

Items that we're considering already for the vendor would be:
    • A death point removal food: This would completely remove a single death point from your character, no questions asked.
    • Novian resource stacks: At various tiers, and of each type, you would purchase for a single token an item which would create some quantity of novian resources.
    • Resource stack: Rather than being novian resources which are "ready go use", you would purchase a stack of processed resources of some size for a single token.
    • Special bags: A container of some sort which holds more than the normal capacity. This would replace the need to continually upgrade your bag or scale pack, as it would have a higher capacity than what is presently available, but would be equippable at low levels.

Note that these are just items we are considering at this point. NOTHING said here is a promise and should not be thought of as such. We'd like to hear your thoughts on what we've proposed above as well as any ideas you may have.

Default Re: Loyalty Rewards

I don't know about others but I don't like the idea of using my loyalty tokens for a consumable that is only used once.

That's like taking your life savings and spending it on dinner. (in this case literally)

Mind you, this depends on what the exchange rate is. For something like this to work it needs to have a really good exchange rate.
    What is the exchange rate? Am I getting one novian/DP food per year on my account? One novian/DP food a month?

I can make my own novian in less than in hour and it takes 30 of them to pop the lowest chamber so I don't know what a fair price for time is. Getting the equivalent of a dragon lair chamber opened per 3-6 months of game time sounds 'worth it' to me, but is this considered game breaking?

I like the big bags :)

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

[QUOTE=Shian;273648]I don't know about others but I don't like the idea of using my loyalty tokens for a consumable that is only used once.

That's like taking your life savings and spending it on dinner. (in this case literally)
    QUOTE]

I sign this Shian!!

I shall be much pleased by an emblem that shows that I`m a vet/long term player, maybe even something that shows the years I live in Istaria.

Another thing that would make me very proud of is a piece of jewelry (VISIBLE!!)that only vet players can get. Could be one piece for 4 years in Istaria, 2 pieces for 8 years (earrings? wristbands?). They do not need to have any effect. Something like that.

I am NOT interested in anything that is listed in op. Would be very disappointing for me.

NO new art work. ;)
    Last edited by Velea; October 26th, 2011 at 11:40 AM.
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

sry- could not edit my post:

For dragons, as jewelry might not be available, something like a
    "veteran (loyalty) glow" (rift effect, celebration cake effect) in a nice color
    (gimmi purple^^) or veteran (loyalty) "boom" (spell) could be an alternative too.

Again, NO new art work.
    Last edited by Velea; October 26th, 2011 at 11:40 AM.
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

I would vote for the bigger bag above all the other suggestions. Criteria I value for these sorts of rewards:
    1) permanent (hopefully one per toon or transfer-able between toons like EQ2 does)
    2) Useful
    3) Not overpowering (ie: unfortunately weapons usually fall into this category)
    4) Visible: Advertising!

The bag (or disk) suggestion definitely fills the bill for all of these and would be extremely helpful without being game-breaking.

Just to bring this back on topic...

We aren't looking for suggestions or votes on the items I've listed above.

We are looking for OTHER suggestions. And please do not worry about balance issues or how things will cost compared to how often you earn tokens. That is something we'll work on as well. ;)

Would it be possible to create an item that lets you store all of your trophies and attuned items into one bag that, in your vault, gives you a net stack of one and bulk of one? (In other words, the pack itself is 1/1 but anything put into it doesn't add to that and it can only contain attuned/trophies...) Trophies and titles are nice but they take up a lot of space AND can only be on you or in your vault. This is a cruel thing to do to a crafter....

This falls under the category of new technology.
    Last edited by Velea; October 25th, 2011 at 07:41 PM.

While I am new I do love Istaria and plan to stick around for a long time. Bigger backpack/scale pack is a very nice idea. Since most veterans are likely to be Plot Holders maybe something unique for their home/lair ie special pieces of furniture or decorations. Cosmetic pets. Vanity armor for socializing...better starting armor for starting a new character... So many possibilities.. come on guys.. you can get your brains into this one.. you know what you want as potential rewards better than I do

Most of these suggestions fall under the category of no new art work.
    Last edited by Velea; October 25th, 2011 at 07:41 PM.

i still really want my shoulder pet! pheonix :)

and ofcourse new dragon customizations but im guessing those are still in the works..

Ummmm- probably get yelled at later for suggesting it but how about techs that are no longer attainable? Like the Primal Vengeance or Eminence. Dare I even suggest DCOM?...... I dare.

...Extra character slot? Or even a plot slot (is that pushing it? maybe-probably).
    Or maybe a portable disk.

Extra character slots and property slots are a no go. Those would require special tech.
    Last edited by Velea; October 25th, 2011 at 09:25 PM.

I lurk within the depths of your mind, for I am INSANITY!

Hmmmm.....

I like the bag idea, to be honest. I also second someone else's response about consumable items, that just doesn't sound... like what I'd like to spend my valuable, rare tokens on.

But anyways, V asked for suggestions of New stuff that wasn't already mentioned, so um....

1). Un-obtainable items already in-game, such as Primal Vengeance Techs, Boar's Hide Mask, and other "epic" items that can no longer be obtained but yet still exist in the game, that players are hanging onto.

2). T5 necklaces, add one that is good for most melee schools, one that is good for spell-casting schools, and perhaps a 'general gatherer' necklace and allow a player to choose one. Dragons should get a T5 scale that follows similar rules: One for melee, one for caster, and one for gathering. Said T5 scales should be better than ones you can craft, but yet not better than Epic items from the epic bosses or questlines. I suggested a necklace, because one can't wear two necklaces at once, and the scale should be head, chest, back, or tail for the same reason.

3). In addition to the backpack/scalepack suggestion already posed by V, perhaps we could give a cargo disk instead? A T5 "Tarbash" disk that has 10% more bulk capacity and 5-10 more speed available for a dragon or a biped.

Special formulas, like:
    - for T6 cargo suits: cap, belt, boots, leggings, sleeves, tunic and wristband (T6/adamantium springs, hinges, gears, struts and steelsilk spools are already in game and cargo suits of all tiers look the same. Will only need to have the bulk capacity raised)

- or formula for the reeds needed to recharge a Silver Whistle.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramaj View Post
    Special formulas, like:
    - for T6 cargo suits: cap, belt, boots, leggings, sleeves, tunic and wristband (T6/adamantium springs, hinges, gears, struts and steelsilk spools are already in game and cargo suits of all tiers look the same. Will only need to have the bulk capacity raised)

- or formula for the reeds needed to recharge a Silver Whistle.
    I like these ideas with 1 change. The t6 cargo gear loyalty item would not be the forumla to craft it, but some component that can only be obtained at the loyalty vendor, that is required to craft one. Giving a crafter the ability to craft these items as much as they want violates the principal of "loyalty" as they could give said item to anyone, crafting as many as desired. The formulas could come from some quest or the outfitter trainer or something, but must require a component purchased with loyalty tokens to actually craft the item.

The recharge formula for silver whistles is a pretty minor item, not game breaking or unbalancing in any way (item is more for fun, the visible effect when using the whistle, than for the actual buff). I think this would be ok to add the formula (for just the Reeds, the recharges, not for the whistles).

Others asking for rare "techs" fall into the above category as the cargo gear. Ability to craft many items should not be allowed.

I know you wnt new ideas - Im short on things that would NOT require artwork assets (as the only things coming to me all require new art LOL).

So I will agree with the suggestions so far that I particularly liked -

Like the idea of novians (more than a specific resource)
    Like the idea of bigger bags

As with Shian, against the idea of one-use consumable for a token as it just seems something that would never get used for a single DP. Nnow if you made it say worth "30 DP" or something, that would more likely get bought by a token even if it was one use only.

I like the suggestions by others bout having a bigger cargodisk - which wouldnt necessairly mean new artwork (though it would be cool if it was lol)

I like the suggestion by others re: special effects in game (glowy/light/etc) of some armor piece you could equip/use.

I also like the idea of currently-unavailable items to be re-available with tokens. And maybe not even the recipe for such things (as the above pointed out, recipes would defeat the idea of it being a loyalty reward for everyone) but the item/tech itself to apply to armor of players choice.

For myself - I think that exclusive titles - given only to those with X amount of tokens (and say if we are getting more than one token - or getting a stipend each year we are here - then you could have several ranks of titles at higher amounts of tokens) - would be a great loyalty reward as well as advertising to newer players. These would be such titles that indicate the age/ranks of loyalty of the players - perhaps going from Captain to General (or Commander) for army type ranks - as well as ranks such as "Professor" or "Elder" for people who would want a title that indicated "knowledge gained" - and then for crafters ranks such as ""Master" (being logical rank after Expert) or "Artisan" etc.

(Those being just examples of various callings of Titles that fit with a theme of being around a long time and earning your way up the totem pole LOL - not s ure what all is avaiable as far as titles in game and Im sure there are other words for the same thing above that would sound even better :)).

Titles are awesome fluff and titles that would be exclusive as loyalty rewards I think would be something worth spending tokens on.

~
    As an aside - my only question here is - will there be more and new loyalty rewards comgin out later? (as you said new art assets may be in future things?) And if so will there be recurring loyalty tokens given out duringthe year?? I only ask because it would surely be a smack to the face if we got the loyalty reward now and then in a year there were all new loyalty rewards that were even more awesome - but since we didnt know they would be coming out later we spent all our loyalty tokens on the first (and perceived only) rewards available.

make sense? Just wanting clarification - it would be good to iknow if we needed to save up for the future for possible things like new housing or lair chambers for loyalty rewards - vs buying new bags and stuff now.
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanthia View Post
    Ummmm- probably get yelled at later for suggesting it but how about techs that are no longer attainable? Like the Primal Vengeance or Eminence. Dare I even suggest DCOM?...... I dare.
    I like this idea, and the custom titles. Resources, bigger scale packs(ect.) Those are OK. But these are the items I know a lot of people are dieing to get at.

For the tokens/ points does that mean You have to have started Here(year) ~ Here(year), or you just have to have played X amount of years (no matter when you started)? I think the 2nd would be better personally. It would make people want to stay and get old enough to grab these. :p Anyway, just my opinion. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Xanthia View Post

As for the old techs. and *whisper* the DCOM...- Also think it would be SO great, even if it were for special events only, just having the ability to get these old sought after items would be a nice change. Good dare ;)

I know im jumping in a little late on this, but i was giving it a lot of thought.

Thing is you have two camps.. One who believe that loyalty points should be based on how long since you first subscribed, and those that feel only the time you have subscribed should count.

Add that the confusion on which characters get the loyalty points and it gets into a confuzzled mess

I think the best way is to have a dual system. You have your yearly bonus (just a little something depending on how long you been playing, and these are set so a new player knows what they get after a year) These ones based purely off of how long since that charry was created.

The second (and more valuable rewards) should be for time the character is played.

Now, you notice I have not said how long the PLAYER has been active, but the character. This is because it makes it fair not only to people that may only have one or two characters, (or a free one at that) but also fair to those who have several old characters.

So, as an example: Assume you get 1 token for every 100 days. Valareos was created 2810 days ago, and has been in istaria a total of 166 days. From this you can see that he was created a long time ago, but may not been as active online that entire time. He would get 28 green tokens (which can use the old Beginner lore token icon) and 1 yellow token (which can use the old jman lore token icon). The information on how long a person has been playing and has been online is already in the database, no new tech needed. If you claim that a yellow token is worth 10 times that of a green, that means Valareos gets 38 "loyalty tokens" to spend

For a second example, Choco Gnome was created 1125 days ago and has been in istaria for a total of 18 days. Choco would get 11 green, and 0 yellow tokens

As an extreme example, say a person created a character 3000 days ago and faithfully played 4 hours a day. They would show created 3000 days ago, and been in istaria total 500 days. They would get 30 green and 5 yellow, for a total of 80 tokens

As you can see, such a system would reward both those who have been here for longest, as well as those who are active playing. And there is no extra technology needed, or new artwork, just an added area in the database to track how many green and yellow has already been rewarded. The quest npc can do a simple check

Award Green: floor(dayscreated/100)-greenawarded
    Award Yellow: floor(daysplayed/100)-yellowawarded

anyway, my 2 copper worth
    Horizons Crafting Calculator Update Team Member
    Code Name: Webdragon
    SysAdmin, Head Developer

If I am allowed to interfere - I would suggest simple reward:
    1 wish.
    Yes, one wish, given by any character (depending on developers' mood...) that would grant player only one choice from the following:
    1) removing dp
    2) levelling up any status by 1 level
    3) completing epic thing/quest
    4) completing plot/lair (?)
    5) a non-tradable, non-hoardable Gem of Loyalty. Art: no art required, just take *any* existing nice-looking crystal and rename. Effects: gives certain number of player-selected bonuses. Use:can be equipped to any item, be it tool or armor, minimum craft/adventure level to use is 1.

Thread Information