Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Loyalty Rewards

Default Re: Loyalty Rewards

I will suggest

bigger bag
    emblem
    and maybe a few hundred training points?

also what about people with mutli subs attached to their accounts, will we get treated for each sub we've been paying for?

IMO Loyalty rewards should be:
    not attuned in that they should be transferrable across characters on the same account or should be something beneficial to all characters on the account like perhaps a 5 stack increase on each character's vault.

It could be an ability that gives some sort of a buff or aura. Actually, if it were an ability then I guess depending on how many reward tokens, it could be "used" to encourage players to keep active subscriptions by having to earn enough tokens to "upgrade" their other characters.

Maybe trade in tokens to open up level 101? I'm not sure level 101 would necessarily allow equipping new armor/weapons. It could just be the normal increases to base stats.
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster
    I'm gonna post in this one too!

That shiny, white and blinding aura you get from going into the Rift or eating draconic celebration cake?

Change it to a flaming red.

Year of the Phoenix, remember? :)
    Dragon Scroll; BLIGHT~Anam, Ahleah; CHAOS~Veruliyam, Ceruliyan, Jaguarundi, Spinel, Ssussurrouss, Chon; ORDER~Aucapoma, Susurrus

So glad to see this finally coming to the game.

Here goes my wish list:

Something (could be an emblem or a bag) that grants +150 skill points to each building base material skill (stoneworking, smelting, essence shaping, lumbering, spinning) to allow crafters to get to 1600 skill for making tier 6 resources at 2 -1. Currently 1465 skill is doable (this allows 3 -1) with fully teched gear and an expert shop. So another 150 points would allow a biped to get to optimal. Emblems would also work for dragons but the skill point would have to be much greater.

Multi tools for bipeds. One tool that does all of one crafting thing. Such as a pick, stone chisel, masonry trowel all in one. It doesn't have to look any different, so no new art. To work with the current crystal system these would have to allow 4 tech slots.

Pre made dye kits for the master dye colours that will apply to tools and bags and yes please, cargo disks.

One small plot only allowable in a tier 1 or 2 area in addition to the one allowed by a subscription. This would make the world appear a bit more built up to new players and allow us old players to build expert shops in low level areas to benefit the new players.

More inventory and cargo disk bulk is always good, especially at lower levels.

A second bind point.

Recipes for fluff food that give glowy auras in different colours.

On a side note, I personally will not use loyalty tokens on things that are not permanent. I would prefer to see things added that have lasting value, even if it's just fluff.

Thaalia of Order

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    Oooh Custom Titles!, I think thats a great idea.

No idea if this would be very difficult to do, but I think alot of people would like this. Perhaps the dev's could manually create the item and give to the player? In this way the text of the custom title could be scrutinized at the same time, so that something vulgar or offensive wouldn't get through.
    oh sorry no no, you are misunderstanding.

I didn't mean to say those are custom titles.

I meant to use those as examples of various possible titles they could reward elder players with. Not that you would mke up your own, but they could offer a variety of options that would cater to various play styles (those who feel part of an armed front, those who mostly craft, those who mostly lore gather or help new players etc.).

Custom titles would probably not be in a realm of possibility. But a few dozen titles of varying costs representing varying tiers of time (from 1 year allt he way up to 7/8 or whatever since launch).
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

As somebody who assumes they'll never qualify for loyalty rewards (I wasn't here when the concept was introduced, so this whole thread is mildly confusing to me):
    You dont have to have been here when they introduced the idea, its just based on how long you have subbed to the game.

At least, the way it works in other games I've played with loyalty rewards - those rewards operate SOLEY on time-actively-subscribed to game.

So at any time, anyone can qualify for the rewards, when they meet the subscription requirements.

Wether they are a yearly reward (I.e. You get xyz tokens each year you are subbed, starting with the end of your first year), or weather the reward itself changes with the #of years (the year 1 reward is totally different from what you get at year 2, 3, 4 etc.)

Using EQII for example as that is the one Im most active in that does this -

They have rewards they give out for every year you are subbed, but no tokens, its just a different reward each year.

There is a title associated with each year, and some XP potions and gear for each year - and then in the last couple of years - as they have hit loyalty rewards for those subbed 7-8 year mark - it has been free housing (and EQII housing is HUGE). Houses provided, for free only to those players who have reached their 7th or 8th year of subscription time.

I've been playing for about 3 years now, but not steadily. Therefore I have qualified for year one and two rewards but not year three - as my entire subscription months in game only equal about 2 years at this point. Even if I only pay for 3 months at a time (and then say break for 6 months or something)- eventually - three months at a time - at some [oint I WILL hit 7 years sub time and get the free awesome-house :).

May even take me longer than 7 years to get there, but eventually I will get the same reward peole go t last year for being there since release.

So yes, you will eventually qualify for loyalty tokens - depending on how many months you keep an active subscription, how long the game lives - and of course, depending on how this ends up working.

Appears like Istaria will be giving tokens to trade in for rewards (and not just a set reward for each year) - but how many tokens you get per year you have been subbed and how it will update itself each year - that has yet to be clarified for us :).
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

Bring back the wishgiver line of quests but instead of doing a quest the wishgiver gives the player a choice of gifts for loyalty (heck give em options like the old wishgiver would do IE base passive buffs etc or special recipes)

My 2 copper

i still really want my shoulder pet! pheonix :)

and ofcourse new dragon customizations but im guessing those are still in the works..

I'd like to see an Emblem.

"Imperial Loyalist"
    "Imperial Veteran"
    "Veteran of <Server>" (In my case it would display SPIRIT)

Is it possible to add in a display of where you first woke as a Gifted?
    Would be awesome to have players with a visible display of the long
    lost "Realms" of Istaria and how long they have remained Loyal.

Andaras

if you made new loyalty items every year, but the tokens from say this year couldn't be used on future items then you wouldn't be terribly concerned about the new item coming up that you don't know about yet, because your old tokens couldn't be used for them anyhow, you'd have to use the New Tokens for them. Of course, that might take some new tech with making things change over time and such. Or.. you could provide different lvls of rewards (similar to what SWG did) 6 month loyalty reward was 1 item... 1 yr was a different item.. 1.5 yrs was another item.. etc.. you didnt really get a choice. So.. someone that has been with the game since its inception would potentially get all the rewards available.

Back to the rewards available... I would say that completion of 1 building on a plot could be a reward, but not a whole plot worth of buildings. Also, you should have to provide more time in game for each tier higher you want to bring about. So... for a T1 building perhaps 1 token.. for a T6, 6 tokens... it would be ridiculous to allow 1 token to spawn a whole plot worth of T6 buildings...

I also agree that there are some items that still exist in the game that could be used as rewards. Bat of the Gnerf... Blade of rending... Boars Mask.. and quite a few others that folks might still have from way back. that are no longer acquirable by their original means that would not require new assets to be added to the game and also allow for rewards that would be reasonable, and be acquired if a token system was utilized.

Emblems could also be a way to show loyalty, and shouldn't require too much done to make them available, as no real art asset is needed nor new tech.

I still have shoulder treants, cows, parrots.. etc from previous years that could be re-purposed I'm sure to provide rewards for folks, many of the newer folks may have never seen shoulder pets of any kind, as no one Ive seen typically runs around wearing them.
    Elated that HZ is no longer in the hands of the Infidels.

Now.. I may have to split my time between 2 games... CS:S and HZ...

Why no new artwork?

Big crunchy ancient dragoness of Order

Nowhere near Slayvite's Lair i can tell you that. He has Ranch sauce instead of shampoo.

Quote Originally Posted by Veruliyam View Post
    That shiny, white and blinding aura you get from going into the Rift or eating draconic celebration cake?

Change it to a flaming red.

Year of the Phoenix, remember? :)
    Ooohhh that would look so good on Fission, hes allready trying to look like a ball of fire :)

Look at my post (No 13) in this tread:-(
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

I would the reed and whistleform as reward. There are lots of things that were around when I was around that I wasn't aware of and missed out on. And a purple glow for Lovskin of course :)

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

How about a title that we could invent for ourselves, that wouldn't take up a slot? Not like those medals we have to equip and store. Something that we could add to our name.

2. Something for a plot or lair that is prebuilt, a sign that says something flattering and individual.

3. Shoulder pet that doesn't use an armor slot.

4. I, for one, would like a GNOME HOUSE. I mean they're in Copperton and
    WinterVale. They exist, don't they?

Cixi
    Gnome Extraordinaire
    FREE Rachival NOW

Nowhere near Slayvite's Lair i can tell you that. He has Ranch sauce instead of shampoo.

ok, so i see more stuff has been added to the Loyalty vendor.
    Are the rewards live yet and if so how do you claim them??

they were not on blight.

How about blank augment crystals. Lots of great techs in the game folks are hoarding for fear of applying it to a piece of equipment only to regret it later. Blank weapon, armor and jewelry crystals would be awesome.
    Vengeance 100/100/41 Lunus Dragon on Chaos
    79 Million Hoard
    Moregoth the Hunter 278 rating
    28 level 100 adventure classes

Don't know if this is possible, or would be popular but..
    Hair restyles??

I know i would love to change Sindala's hair, she's had trhe same style for years now and could do with a change :)

Quote Originally Posted by Sindala View Post
    Don't know if this is possible, or would be popular but..
    Hair restyles??

I know i would love to change Sindala's hair, she's had trhe same style for years now and could do with a change :)
    Fairly sure that would fall under 'new artwork' unless you mean just the ability to one-time change your character's appearance.

Thread Information