Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Loyalty Rewards

Default Re: Loyalty Rewards

are they still working on changing chars appearance?

Nowhere near Slayvite's Lair i can tell you that. He has Ranch sauce instead of shampoo.

How about a 2nd disc like we used to have way back in time.

Would make crafting 'a little' less tedious if you could park a disc at a craft area and take the other one to gather with.

Tarbash are great......for 1 use then its just you collecting while the disc sits their with 1 type of item in it.

It prob can still be done as we used to have 2 in the past?

Nowhere near Slayvite's Lair i can tell you that. He has Ranch sauce instead of shampoo.

Quote Originally Posted by Vengeance View Post
    How about blank augment crystals. Lots of great techs in the game folks are hoarding for fear of applying it to a piece of equipment only to regret it later. Blank weapon, armor and jewelry crystals would be awesome.
    I second this, perhaps a quest to make a crystal, scale or an item to recover a special tech from something its been added to.
    I know all mine are still sat in my vault cos i dont want to risk adding it to the wrong item and wasting it.

Or make it so that when you Decon the item you added it to then you get the special tech back.
    Only the special techs. the normal stuff is good as it is.

And ofcourse with the items being attuned then you have to have the proper lvl of craft skill to deconn them aswell ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Xanthia View Post
    Ummmm- probably get yelled at later for suggesting it but how about techs that are no longer attainable? Like the Primal Vengeance or Eminence. Dare I even suggest DCOM?...... I dare.
    I like this idea, and the custom titles. Resources, bigger scale packs(ect.) Those are OK. But these are the items I know a lot of people are dieing to get at.

For the tokens/ points does that mean You have to have started Here(year) ~ Here(year), or you just have to have played X amount of years (no matter when you started)? I think the 2nd would be better personally. It would make people want to stay and get old enough to grab these. :p Anyway, just my opinion. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Duckies View Post
    Bring back the wishgiver line of quests but instead of doing a quest the wishgiver gives the player a choice of gifts for loyalty (heck give em options like the old wishgiver would do IE base passive buffs etc or special recipes)

My 2 copper
    I would also love to see the wishgiver quest brought back into the game, and having the same ole' Wishgiver NPC back for the small bonuses would be lovely- maybe for special events? - and I do like the gifts for loyalty idea, even random (nice) gifts for the usual small quest would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanthia View Post
    Ummmm- probably get yelled at later for suggesting it but how about techs that are no longer attainable? Like the Primal Vengeance or Eminence. Dare I even suggest DCOM?...... I dare.

As for the old techs. and *whisper* the DCOM...- Also think it would be SO great, even if it were for special events only, just having the ability to get these old sought after items would be a nice change. Good dare ;)

I know im jumping in a little late on this, but i was giving it a lot of thought.

Thing is you have two camps.. One who believe that loyalty points should be based on how long since you first subscribed, and those that feel only the time you have subscribed should count.

Add that the confusion on which characters get the loyalty points and it gets into a confuzzled mess

I think the best way is to have a dual system. You have your yearly bonus (just a little something depending on how long you been playing, and these are set so a new player knows what they get after a year) These ones based purely off of how long since that charry was created.

The second (and more valuable rewards) should be for time the character is played.

Now, you notice I have not said how long the PLAYER has been active, but the character. This is because it makes it fair not only to people that may only have one or two characters, (or a free one at that) but also fair to those who have several old characters.

So, as an example: Assume you get 1 token for every 100 days. Valareos was created 2810 days ago, and has been in istaria a total of 166 days. From this you can see that he was created a long time ago, but may not been as active online that entire time. He would get 28 green tokens (which can use the old Beginner lore token icon) and 1 yellow token (which can use the old jman lore token icon). The information on how long a person has been playing and has been online is already in the database, no new tech needed. If you claim that a yellow token is worth 10 times that of a green, that means Valareos gets 38 "loyalty tokens" to spend

For a second example, Choco Gnome was created 1125 days ago and has been in istaria for a total of 18 days. Choco would get 11 green, and 0 yellow tokens

As an extreme example, say a person created a character 3000 days ago and faithfully played 4 hours a day. They would show created 3000 days ago, and been in istaria total 500 days. They would get 30 green and 5 yellow, for a total of 80 tokens

As you can see, such a system would reward both those who have been here for longest, as well as those who are active playing. And there is no extra technology needed, or new artwork, just an added area in the database to track how many green and yellow has already been rewarded. The quest npc can do a simple check

Award Green: floor(dayscreated/100)-greenawarded
    Award Yellow: floor(daysplayed/100)-yellowawarded

anyway, my 2 copper worth
    Horizons Crafting Calculator Update Team Member
    Code Name: Webdragon
    SysAdmin, Head Developer

Thread Information