Thread: Strike from air. Penetrable objects.

Default Strike from air. Penetrable objects.

Разрешить написание латиницей
    Good day. I have a couple of ideas.
    first sentence: do dragons to attack from the air. At least for the natural abilities navrode "fire breath" or "Dragon reach" and others.

secondly, to make it possible to "strafe" during the flight. (in fact, possible to make various "stunts" in my opinion, it is best implemented in the game "Drakan" but I understand it is difficult to achievable goals)

thirdly, to make it impossible for monsters to climb a vertical wall. (in conjunction with the fourth, should make battles a little more tactical)

fourth: make the objects of the landscape (walls, trees) are not so permeable. thus would not be such a strange phenomenon as "shooting through walls"

Thank you.

Default Re: Strike from air. Penetrable objects.

ah, and another one idea, make flying monsters, with limited altitude. (if it doesn't exist already )
    it makes more chalenge on higher level-players, and more role, if not only player-dragons can fly, but monster-dragons too

\\ah, Drakan-dreams, about air dragons fights!\\

1. Letting dragons attack from the sky might give an unfair advantage towards bipeds
    2. Not sure if that is actually useful, either you are in fight mode or you are not and hits will land or they don't despite of you moving around a lot.
    3. The way I understand it is that in the current way of programming to the mobs the world is as flat as a pancake while only for us players the world has mountains or canyons.
    4. Not sure if this isn't part of the same problem as no.3.
    5. Interesting Idea, but how will bipeds counter this threat? Ranged attacks only?
    Last edited by Dragonboy; November 3rd, 2011 at 09:34 PM.
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Pretty much all of these suggestion changes require major work that is probably not to be expected from the current small dev team, unfortunately. Besides that, I think I recall a dev stating in the past that dragon flight is for transportation purposes only and that aerial combat will not be added to the game.

All of these ideas have come up in the past.

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

1 I do not think that this is so unfair. no more than say "fair - ишзувы can not fly, let it fly," ишзувы have a lot of advantages not available to dragons, and vice versa. So, I think nothing unfair in the fact that someone who wants to fight in the air - is a dragon.
    and despite the fact that an attack from the air will be very limited in features, no spells, no melee. and shooting monsters and now a lot.
    3 so still can not understand why players are limited and do not climb a vertical wall, and climb up the monsters?
    4 perhaps..but it anoing, when evensualy somone cast spell to you, and you even didn't see who and where it is.
    5 yes. but as i know, bipeds has a lot of distance spells, that stricks mutch farther, then dragon's, and has bows and crossbows. I'm not saying that these monsters must attack the newcomers, but they can live in daedlands for those who whants chalenge.
    Imagine - it's so interesting, that mob-dragons fly too. overvize it looking strange, why char-dragons fly, but ghost-dragons not?

Quote Originally Posted by Raptress View Post
    Pretty much all of these suggestion changes require major work that is probably not to be expected from the current small dev team, unfortunately. Besides that, I think I recall a dev stating in the past that dragon flight is for transportation purposes only and that aerial combat will not be added to the game.

All of these ideas have come up in the past.
    perhaps so. I apologize if the subject repeats itself, I do not know what would request you can check on the availability of such.
    and that it is impossible .. Why not make a dream out loud? when she can and is being implemented? and, if silent, then the probability that it is implemented is much lower.

Well, attack from the air is possible. It may work as a standard attack made by Dragon without using stance (I suppose stances work on the land only) and losing hit power (the more energy travels the more power it loses) and chance to hit with each meter high (supposing it is harder to target and that any blow can be blown by the wind etc). Alternative: while in the air, no "chance to hit" bonuses can be utilised, be it spells or teched things.
    Technically - possible. The question is what would it give to the game?

I think, point in fight betwin to flying creatures (yes, Drakan still best dragon-game in my personal reyting, and i would like see something like Drakan in Istaria )
    and also, as I said - it's chalenge for those, who whants.

Thread Information