Thread: Considering flying the Istarian Skies again

Default Considering flying the Istarian Skies again

Horizons has always had a very special place in my heart. Call it Istaria if you must. Either way, I have missed the early days much, and have continued to follow it even though I am no longer a subscriber.

The things that attract me to any game are:
    - Buffing newbies
    - Romping around with friends
    --- Helping level or outfit them
    --- Being generally silly (banter, dueling in a comical and insincere way)
    --- Doing stupid stuff that usually gets us killed, but eeeevery now and then lets us accomplish stuff no one (including us) thought was possible
    - Doing community events (remember The Rainbow Bridge?)

The last time I played none of these things existed anymore, and I canceled my resub fairly quickly, heartbroken.

So my very sincere question is, do they exist now? I mean, I am sure many if not all of my old guild have left, so I understand that until new friendships are formed the romping around with friends is unlikely and that is ok. If the other stuff is there then I will have enough to keep me in the game long enough for that to develop naturally.

I miss my Dragon and want to fly again, but not if the skies are empty.

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler."
    - Albert Einstein

Default Re: Considering flying the Istarian Skies again

Hello Theolaerynn, and welcome back.I don't know if your older friends are still there, but new players started coming on the main shards. If you look for more people, Chaos shard would be the best. Feel free to ask there or in game if you need any help.

Take it from me, I was an original player that played from dec 02'-summer 04'ish... I quit at some point due to many reasons. None need to be said.

After I quit, Every 3-6 months I would troll the forums looking for updates.. And kinda to see when the game would finally take its last breath.

Well in the summer of 07 I paid for a 1 month sub.. Ran around for a few days.. And the game was DEAD.. Very dead, my entire guild was gone, every town was dead. No one was playing...

Then I went back into the troll mode until 2 months ago. I downloaded the game, paid my sub, and have found the game is on a rebound!! Everyday I'm seeing old friends and faces rejoining the ranks! The world is quite populated (on chaos) and the economy is in full swing imo!

The game is being updated! There are so many fixes and changes! Nothing better to do than either pay ur old account for one month and test it yourself! Or open a new free account and test it out!

Hope to see you in game

Just a little drunk dwarven bi-ped wreaking havoc in chaos.

*wingwave*
    come back and meet old friends again. Lots of us still here.
    From Earth / Wind/ Ice / Unity.

And make new friends with the awesome people of Chaos, Order and Blight.

And last not least: The Game has improved much! So many new content will keep you busy for a while. And make you find out, how mighty a drag can be..

Happy gaming
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Thank you for the replies, that is what I was hoping to hear. Resubbing now, should be interesting to find out just how much I have to re-learn :- )

- Albert Einstein

*serves Theolaerynn some delicious klava presented with a towel and a curtsy*
    welcome home! :-)

Smile Re: Considering flying the Istarian Skies again

Welcome home, Theolaerynn. You may be surprised at how many faces on Chaos you recognize and there are plenty of newcomers waiting to meet you for the first time. Currently there are no world events (that I know of) but most of the other things you mentioned are here in spades. With the free trials and the free to play accounts lots of people coming in.. some stay... some don't but the ones that do are fun loving people.

I just got done hunting with a couple of my old guild mates, much fun!!

And klava-flavored Gnome!! Oh, wait, right, that isn't politically correct, is it? *happily drinks a bit of klava* MMmm. Not as good as klava marinated Gnome garnished with a covey of Dryads in lemon butter sauce, but good just the same. And easier to explain.

Good to see you around, awdz :- )

And thank you for the warm welcome, Shadowedraven :- ) Like you say, Horizons always has been a place to attract the best community I have ever seen in any multiplayer game :- )

- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Theolaerynn View Post
    Thank you for the replies, that is what I was hoping to hear. Resubbing now, should be interesting to find out just how much I have to re-learn :- )
    Alot has chanced and added and alot you will remember slowly again while playing, at thats is in my cae, but mostly its like riding a bike, once you learned it, you never forget.
    And whats still fuzzy, this great community gladly helps you remembering it again.

Thread Information