Thread: Camera suggestion

Default Camera suggestion

can we have an option so the camera does not zoom in when a objects gets between us and the camera..i find that to be very annoying and vertigo inducing that i cant rotate my camera on naka plots or say if im in a forest and my camera keeps zooming in every time i pass a tree

Default Re: Camera suggestion

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Hasia View Post
    can we have an option so the camera does not zoom in when a objects gets between us and the camera..i find that to be very annoying and vertigo inducing that i cant rotate my camera on naka plots or say if im in a forest and my camera keeps zooming in every time i pass a tree
    If the camera didn't zoom in, then the tree would appear between you and your character and would obstruct your view.

I think I read somewhere that making everything transparent between you and your character is not exactly easy to do and can produce undesirable results (like allowing you to see through terrain).

What I'd like to see instead, would be a "Right Click and Drag to move camera" function.

Is it possible to get the game to do that? I hate bringing up the Camera window every time I want to adjust the camera view or bind tilt up/tilt down to keys on the keyboard... I find that very awkward.

Edit: Something that works great for naka plots: use First-Person view.

on better camera controls, if your own a keyboard, the numpad arrows can move the camera around you and the num 5 is center behind player.

on second note, review your keyboard bindings lots of people don't know about many useful keyboard shortcuts

and also im not asking to have items disappear just an option to have it turn off the zoom in part. i know where i am i just get tired if i run past a random tree and the camera zoom ins in on me or if im in a fight in the forest ever two secs the camera zooms in and it spins a bit because a tree gets in the way...i know im fighting a mob and don't really have to see it just let the camera float about.

i would like to know something
    i did it once before but can't remember how i did it
    how do you get the first person view again?
    (every once in a great while i like that view)
    my name is pronounced Dr-A-zil
    It has always been my dream to be a dragon in real life
    to help the community of Malatora
    the future holds the key http://fedcom-online.webs.com/

in default "h" (if i didn't change it ^_^'') best way - look options

Quote Originally Posted by Krinharth View Post
    in default "h" (if i didn't change it ^_^'') best way - look options
    oh then i guess i will have to look it up in the options
    cause the only thing the "H" does for me is bring up the chat window thing
    but i thank you much ^^
    my name is pronounced Dr-A-zil
    It has always been my dream to be a dragon in real life
    to help the community of Malatora
    the future holds the key http://fedcom-online.webs.com/

im not sure if this is default but i think its the enter key on the num pad.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhalin View Post
    What I'd like to see instead, would be a "Right Click and Drag to move camera" function.
    Actually, it is already in game. Just look in potions for "Mouse look (hold)", and bind it to right mouse button. Though you'll have to rebind "Dropdown menu", I rebinded it to Shift-Right Click. After this, camera controls become much better .

Quote Originally Posted by DragDen View Post
    Actually, it is already in game. Just look in potions for "Mouse look (hold)", and bind it to right mouse button. Though you'll have to rebind "Dropdown menu", I rebinded it to Shift-Right Click. After this, camera controls become much better .
    Errr. You can't have a single right click bring up a menu AND be able to drag the camera at the same time like just about any other game does?

Meh.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhalin View Post
    Errr. You can't have a single right click bring up a menu AND be able to drag the camera at the same time like just about any other game does?
    I'm afraid no, at least as I know. You CAN bind RMB to both actions, but it will cause some problems, like this dropdown menu may appear in middle of the screen, not near mouse cursor.

Thread Information