Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Long awaited trailer

Default Re: Long awaited trailer

I was thinking about it a little. There is a chance that Smaug will make a brief appearance in part one. Peter Jackson did use a few flashbacks to earlier times in the LotR movies. And telling the tale about how the dwarves got kicked out of their fortress would be a perfect time to do one. Though I'm sure that if P.J. goes that route the glimpses of Smaug will be quick and fleeting. Probably a quick flash overhead amongst flaming trees and blasts of fire. Regardless, I doubt we will see him in his full diamond studded glory until part two.

It has taken way too long to get here. The movie seemed to be suffering
    from a "Curse of Smaug" for 10 years.

I saw the trailer the first day it was out. For those that don't know, PJ
    was keeping a Weblog about the movie shooting/production while they
    were filming. I had total Geek-out watching them. (3D cameras, costumes,
    Making of sets, etc...)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3Z5-...eature=related

PJ is making the Hobbit in 2 parts, and I'm dying to see how they re-create
    Murkwood, Laketown, and the battle of the 5 Armies. Oh.. and SMAUG!!

Andaras

Quote Originally Posted by Andaras View Post
    It has taken way too long to get here. The movie seemed to be suffering
    from a "Curse of Smaug" for 10 years.

I saw the trailer the first day it was out. For those that don't know, PJ
    was keeping a Weblog about the movie shooting/production while they
    were filming. I had total Geek-out watching them. (3D cameras, costumes,
    Making of sets, etc...)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3Z5-...eature=related

PJ is making the Hobbit in 2 parts, and I'm dying to see how they re-create
    Murkwood, Laketown, and the battle of the 5 Armies. Oh.. and SMAUG!!

Andaras
    I have followed the news about it too... once, there was a fire on the studio... it might have been an angry Smaug wanting more hoard in exchange of his performance...

hehehe or just wanting a bigger part . LOL

And yes I too await Smaug. This is by far, one of my favoritest books of all time. Far and away above the LOTR series. I grew up watching the Rawling animated movie (which if you have not seen you should, its a very good and true representation of the book - and quite thorough as well) since I was like 7. Was reading The Hobbit by 10 and I read it at least 4-5 times before I ever read the LOTR series (which was just once).

Smaug and Maleficient were my first dragons that inspired my love. Hence, why most of my dragons are red and gold like the Smaug in the animated movie. Frith of course being an homage as well.

While I am bummed we will have to wait a year between each part, I wish it was in one long 6 hour movie or something LOL - I am glad he is doing it that way to do the novel justice and not trying to cram it all into a single 2 hour movie (as so many directors do to so many great books).

Just bummed Im still so long from seeing my Beloved in all his glory on the big screen...

And PJ better not mess with how he is suppose to look! Or I shall never forgive him.

Anyone else going to be crying at teh opening credits?? I know I will be- cuz this movie is probably one of the most meaningful ones for me I could ever see. In fact, I'll probaby be sniffling through the whole thing. Watching the preview already made me sad seeing a certain character that doesn't make it...no spoilers!
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

Tom Bombadil!!!!

Dragon Scroll; BLIGHT~Anam, Ahleah; CHAOS~Veruliyam, Ceruliyan, Jaguarundi, Spinel, Ssussurrouss, Chon; ORDER~Aucapoma, Susurrus

I heared they'll now be splitting the movie into 3 parts instead of 2! Can't wait for part one!!! That book was awesome! Never could get through the books for LotR without falling asleep though.

My first venture into Istaria fanfiction: link and my other fanfics: link and artwork: link

I think 2 films would have been enough for Bilbo, personally... I'm sure it will still be good films but I tend to see a part of marketing behind... it also adds more overburdening projects, when some adaptation projects, which haven't got anything yet, had been announced already 6 years ago.

Post Re: Long awaited trailer

You may not be aware that there is a Horizons/Istaria player who is currently working on translating/dubbing The Hobbit into another language.

It's supposed to be a bit hush-hush so I won't say which player or language - some of you may know who I am referring to but let's keep it under wraps for his/her sake until it's been made official. Just proud that one of us is involved.

Nia : Blight Shard : Chronicles of the Twisted Guild

Thread Information