Thread: Salutations!

Talking Salutations!

Hello Players! I am a newcomer, still in my trial period (so I am not sure if I am supposed to say hello here or not, but what the hey) but I am planning on subbing. I am a total crafting nut in most games I play, and this game was recommended as a great crafting game...with dragons I am currently playing on the non-RP shard (is it Chaos? :S) on my first toon, Sargoreth, but I am a total alt-o-holic so I am sure it will change around. I am still trying to dig around and see if you can learn multiple schools of crafting at the same time, and if you can switch without loosing progress, and if you do switch, what happens to the recipes you already know for the old school. Anyway loving it so far! Thanks for having me
    Sarg

Default Re: Salutations!

Quote Originally Posted by Sargoreth View Post
    Hello Players! I am a newcomer, still in my trial period (so I am not sure if I am supposed to say hello here or not, but what the hey) but I am planning on subbing. I am a total crafting nut in most games I play, and this game was recommended as a great crafting game...with dragons I am currently playing on the non-RP shard (is it Chaos? :S) on my first toon, Sargoreth, but I am a total alt-o-holic so I am sure it will change around. I am still trying to dig around and see if you can learn multiple schools of crafting at the same time, and if you can switch without loosing progress, and if you do switch, what happens to the recipes you already know for the old school. Anyway loving it so far! Thanks for having me
    Sarg
    Welcome to Istaria, Sargoreth!

As a Dragon there are only two Trade schools, but as a Biped there are quite a few! Either way, however, you can switch around between schools as often as you like. Your progress in each school is not lost and the formulas (recipes) you have already learned will remain in your formula book.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Welcome on Istaria Sargoreth.

*serves Sargoreth some delicious klava presented with a towel and a curtsy*
    welcome home! :-)

Welcome Sargoreth If you need any help and are around the chaos shard be sure to look me up ^^

Welcome to Istaria. I hope you have fun. I liked the Dragon Lairshaping school much better than the general Dragon Craft school.

Also, if you like crafting the istarian way, be sure to start a non-Dragon alt soon, to start the long lasting quest for the Grand Master of Craft name token.
    I wanna be ancient. Why is there no ARoP for Saris?

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Welcome to Istaria.

Being a Master Builder on Order, I wish to impart some helpful advice as well.

All skills in Istaria progress along the "bar chart" method. Each class you take that uses the same skill goes off the highest skill points reached for ALL classes that have said skill. Different classes raise different skills at different points (7-11, depending). So, if you were to raise a single biped craft to a fairly high point comparatively to others using the same skill, you can then swap to a lower class and be using the higher tier resources. For instance, I had carpenter (wood construction) in the mid 70s working maple (tier 4). I decided to pick up gatherer (non-metal, non-stone raw processing). I spent the first 55 levels of gatherer processing nothing but maple into boards that I siloed to use as carpenter later. This bootstrapping effect can be done with several combinations of classes.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

and those where words from an epic old-school MASTER!!
    No subliminal message here.

Thread Information