Thread: Furred Dragon!

It depends which server board I think is which.

Default Furred Dragon!

This mod is a bit of a WIP right now, but I'm making fully furred dragon textures for all scale types! So far it's just the stomach, as asked/inspired by Ceyra's asking, and I quite like the outcome.

So, I'm working on making this compatible with other stomach scale types, then I will move onto the main textures.
    Doing so, I warn you, will make this mod incompatible with Cobal's Tooth and Claw mod. It will most likely be compatible with Solitaire's mod.

So! Here is the link for the lightest type of the popular "embossed" stomach plates. (#10)

I'll update this as I go!

~Racktor
    Last edited by Racktor; March 18th, 2012 at 07:20 PM.

Default Re: Furred Dragon!

Alrighty, added all the other chest plate types and those throat/chin parts too. This should work for every single dragon now (except NPCs). Please tell me if there's any problems!
    Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?19al9ktyuasqm61

*shifty eyes* Shhhh...

Excellent job!
    "There is no such thing as perfect. You're beautiful as you are. With all of your imperfections, you can do anything."

Thanks!!

That looks real great.
    I wanna be ancient. Why is there no ARoP for Saris?

hehe thank you ^^ Trying to figure out why it doesn't like other textures though - on ancient it doesn't really show up. Workin' on that now!

*primal rezzes the thread*

Racktor has given me permission to help along with this, and while it will be a while, here's a turntable of the texture I have drawn up so far: http://sta.sh/0miq5sfziz0

I will be making 1 type of body texture for this (Light, Medium and Dark versions though), propably several chest-scale versions, and I'll see what I can do with the heads/fins textures.

eventually, if character re-creation becomes a thing, I'll add a long fur type as well.

Quote Originally Posted by meepsa View Post

Racktor has given me permission to help along with this, and while it will be a while, here's a turntable of the texture I have drawn up so far: http://sta.sh/0miq5sfziz0

I will be making 1 type of body texture for this (Light, Medium and Dark versions though), propably several chest-scale versions, and I'll see what I can do with the heads/fins textures.

eventually, if character re-creation becomes a thing, I'll add a long fur type as well.
    furry kai4.jpg

\m/ this might be possible nice work!

____________________Never forget to appreciate each other and stay UNITED!____________________

Quote Originally Posted by meepsa View Post

For not rendering fur in ages that's coming out amazing, Meeps. <3

For anyone wondering why I passed the torch - my fur texture these days looks more like scales or feathers and I got really sick of trying to draw it. xD

aww, thank you so very much Rack, I try my best. ^^
    ___
    as a small update, I'll be doing daily recaps on what I have done and what I'm planning on doing to do tomorrow, so I can keep track and stay motivated.
    __
    Progress update: http://sta.sh/01g55yxydt6i

-fixed the stretchy look on the shoulders.
    -added some small fixes to the neck.
    -worked my way down untill the hips and fixed a small issue I had with the area between the wings.

Upcoming:
    -finish work on the main body piece. (tail)
    -start working on front and hindlegs.
    ___
    I'll also be trying to go around and update the animal textures here and there, but I'll leave those for a seperate thread.

Just showing my progress, don't mind the distinct difference between the head/throat and body, I'm still working on the head (as you can see on the jaw) and the body is so old now that I need to redo it for the most part (I really don't like how the neck turned out)

the biggest reason I cannot get these things to flow properly is because they are all distinct objects in the body, which have been unwrapped in seperate bits (which is the main reason that I have -still- not done the arms/legs, tbh this is propably the best effort I can go with.

But yeah, just showing that I'm still active!

I've also imported all the other heads (I will make a tutorial for this some time), just to check how well it will look with them, sadly there's only a distinct few that have relatively little problems with the texture (heck even the default head has several stretching problems)

In order that I have them in my scene:
    -Underbite, relatively okay aside from the big eyebrow and elongated snout area.
    -Short head, 2 big horns (I realy don't have a name for it, again relatively okay, but the short snout makes the fur even smaller than it is on the base, and the big horn-eyebrows cause some stretching.
    -Plated/shark, stretched around the eye, and it looks a bit odd with the plates.
    -Bulldog, really well, just squashes the nose bit.
    -Frill with 2 horns, stretched eye area but that's it.
    -Big nose/Ear, generally well enough, but the big snout causes some nasty stretching.
    -Curly Horn, really well, no real downsides.
    -Split lip, really bad, as the "horns" take the base texture, thus fur is all over them.
    -Crowned 6-horn, really well.
    -Underbite, relatively well, only some stretching on the snout area.

I'll try working on it some more over the weekend.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Im curious what it will look like with colors ^^ lookin good so far

____________________Never forget to appreciate each other and stay UNITED!____________________

Quote Originally Posted by Salwirk View Post
    Im curious what it will look like with colors ^^ lookin good so far
    I'd actually be willing to post a work in progress .agh so people could test it out, the only thing that would be missing in that is the arms, legs, and parts of the wing (I'm not entirely sure how to do those yet, I'm thinking of just doing a tiny layer of fur on the top and making it just meld into the scale/membrane pattern, just as I'm doing the "lips")

hmmm... well THAT didn't work
    (don't worry, I know what I did wrong, but I'm going to tinker a bit more before I post the .aghs)

got it to work for the body, it seems to ignore a large number of the head textures though, I'll have to go over them again and see which ones aren't converted properly (which is what I'm guessing to be the problem) I will post the .agh files for the body texture though, mind you, these are all just one shade, meaning if you have a lighter or darker base texture it will look a bit off for you.
    Also, if you have one semi-transparent decals, it will look a bit better.

You can download the .rar
    HERE
    Extract in resources_override and relog.

preview image is with the broken head texture still in, so ignore that for now.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Oh but that looks great! I cant wait for the rest.

Thread Information