Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Talk to the Team: Healer

Default Re: Talk to the Team: Healer

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    Healers Epic weapon is the Queen's Vertebrae. Not much point messing with the old mace, its obsolete and really not good for a healer anyway. Queen's epic weapon is far superior.

It would be nice if the Dragon breezes didn't overwrite Aura of Health. It's a really nice heal now, and the breezes heal for less. Just 1 player in a group using it impacts the whole group. So it can be remedied by training your group members, but at the same time, for the longest time, it's been a good tactic for draggies to stay on top of keeping the breezes going in epic hunts. So allowing those to stack would help, and prevent a player from hurting a group hunts' chances.

As far as a single healer being able to heal a full 20 player group, I think that is a stretch, and would likely be overpowered. There's nothing wrong with having a couple healers in a group that size, or even having certain difficult hunts benefit from there being 2 healers present even if the group is smaller.
    I'm not suggesting 1 healer should be capable of handling an entire group of 20. but they should be more capable than they are, of handling more than currently possible. Also to others: We don't all have the luxury of having a ton of dragons in groups all the time. Some of us only get a few dragons to help out and a lot do not know to keep heals going, or just don't listen when they are asked to do so. So there are plenty of times a Healer is still very useful.. Flamefeniks: Those potions are pretty much useless. In case you haven't tried any yet, i'd suggest you do. They are called cursed for a reason. though they can be handy from time to time.. it won't be often

I didn''t level healer to just be an extra class I could have done without. I do not count on dragons being healers in a group. but as it stands right now... that's pretty much the case. A dragon can heal a group better than a class that is supposed to be designed to do exactly that!! can't you see the problem here? Since when should a dragon become the primary healer in a group?

I think some of the replies are actually helping to make my case stronger, though this wasn't their original intent
    Last edited by Malicore; September 17th, 2017 at 05:03 AM.

I'm ad the moment leveling up a warrior/spiritist/healer changing every ten level and keeping them equal. So far I found that playing as healer is the most powerfull. because of all the extra healing posibilities. ad level 81/81/81 as healer I could handle most of the TV monsters.I can even handle three in four bloodmages. I'm a beginner so I don't have to much experience in the game.

I can't speak for groupings, but I thought that seeing what is there that group heals and cleans are a bid under developed.

Also as a healer you should be able to keep healing without pause because that is in a group your main task.

So leveling up a healer in combination is no problem. every class has its problem. leveling up a non healing class and you have the constant problem of no heals.

The only thing is why play a healer and not a clerk in group surroundings, here the healer should be stronger in healing because the clerk is stronger in standing its ground (armor)

@Guaran - last I checked the Breezes don't overwrite Aura of health anymore, they stack. I asked in the Istaria discord and had it confirmed (as I can't test it right now, though I know it did stack last I healed in a group). I think only Refreshing overwrites it, which it should since it's (again, last I checked) stronger than Aura.

@Malicore - One dragon cannot equal the passive group healing of a healer unless for whatever reason the healer has forgotten to activate aura of health. It takes more than five dragons to do the same - or at least not-godawful-in-comparison - healing as my healer, and that's only if they coordinate VERY well on who has taken damage, etc (which probably won't happen, it's like herding cats!). And that's being generous.

I'm not quite sure where you're getting this dragons-better-healing-than-Healer. I actually tried a dragon healer once (full caster, focus, techs etc etc the works). It failed horribly in comparison to what healer can do, at least when trying to heal others. My healer was (mostly, he had jewelry!) naked at the time, too.

Few changes for Healer in the latest delta, 299.4. Notes can be read http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...ht-Delta-299-4.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Alisto View Post
    @Malicore - One dragon cannot equal the passive group healing of a healer unless for whatever reason the healer has forgotten to activate aura of health. It takes more than five dragons to do the same - or at least not-godawful-in-comparison - healing as my healer, and that's only if they coordinate VERY well on who has taken damage, etc (which probably won't happen, it's like herding cats!). And that's being generous.

I'm not quite sure where you're getting this dragons-better-healing-than-Healer. I actually tried a dragon healer once (full caster, focus, techs etc etc the works). It failed horribly in comparison to what healer can do, at least when trying to heal others. My healer was (mostly, he had jewelry!) naked at the time, too.
    I am well aware of this. You neglected to read what I was talking about, instead of actual lines. Point being atm, dragons together do not require a healer in most cases. therefore any group containing a few dragons doesn't require a healer at all either. Again, out healing a healer. Thus making healers nearly useless unless epic battles are taking place

Not needing a healer is not the same as out-healing a healer. Dragon breezes don't stack with each other. It's a max of 84 per tick, every 5 seconds. Less if that spell is on recycle. It's not enough in the slightest on hunts where a healer is needed, like Surthiem, Shaloth, or Valkor.

Healers are needed in epic hunts. But being not needed in normal hunts doesn't mean Healer is weak.

Quote Originally Posted by Malicore View Post
    even after a few small changes made due to this thread. Healer still seemingly is only capable of healing 1 - 2 people properly. There aren't enough group abilities or spells. They should be capable of healing several people, Heals are still very weak and slow when you have large groups to heal. so in essence, you need several healers to get the job done right. This should not be the case. 1 healer should be all that is required for a group. But now groups go up to 20 people, Epics get stronger with nearly every patch... and a healer still only capable of properly healing 1 - 2 players at a time. Some creatures are not even regulated on how fast / often they can reuse their own spells. So we have epic bosses spamming certain attacks. Things need to be reconsidered..

<snip second paragraph, it's just your suggestion on the mace>
    So you appear to be talking about the role of healers in epic fights, based on the bolded lines above, and then you mention the healing of 1-2 players. Also the "heals are still very weak and slow when you have large groups to heal"

I'm not suggesting 1 healer should be capable of handling an entire group of 20. but they should be more capable than they are, of handling more than currently possible. Also to others: We don't all have the luxury of having a ton of dragons in groups all the time. So there are plenty of times a Healer is still very useful.. <snip>

I didn''t level healer to just be an extra class I could have done without. I do not count on dragons being healers in a group. but as it stands right now... that's pretty much the case. A dragon can heal a group better than a class that is supposed to be designed to do exactly that!! can't you see the problem here? Since when should a dragon become the primary healer in a group?
    Dragon's can't group heal better than a Healer. However, they are very good at self healing (I'm sure we all know this, but bear with me here). Groups of twenty, plenty of times a healer is still very useful, etc etc. Based on your previous post and the contents of this one - again, mention of groups of 20/group fights/"large groups to heal" and dragons being healers in a group.

I am well aware of this. You neglected to read what I was talking about, instead of actual lines. Point being atm, dragons together do not require a healer in most cases. therefore any group containing a few dragons doesn't require a healer at all either. Again, out healing a healer. Thus making healers nearly useless unless epic battles are taking place
    If you could give a more specific detailing of where you think healers are failing, that would be lovely, because currently those goalposts have...I dunno, fire painted on them they're moving around so much.

Are healers too weak in epic battles with large groups, but perfectly fine in epic battles with smaller groups?

Useless in large groups that aren't hunting epics (say, massive comp hunts/something like that) - several dragons killing everything in the area?

Only able to adequately heal 1-2 other players, but not needed when those 1-2 are dragons and not in an epic battle?

It only looks like I haven't read what you were talking about because...dem goalposts. On that note, I do think that Healer isn't allowed to properly do its job when 1) Dragons (or high-burst biped schools) are in the group 2) Not fighting epic mobs and (a shaky) 3) Mobs are of the lower health variety, sooorta nearing on 1-shot-by-GR. I do think that having mobs instantly/near instantly die really cuts down on the amount of work available for a healer to do because dead mobs deal no sustained damage. Perhaps the amount of burst vs. sustained damage/healing output is something that could be looked at in the future?
    ________

Concerning Healer and group healing in general. I've never had issues with it, even when the boss vomited tons of damage at the group. Rotating between Group Instant Heal, Group Health, Group Instant Transfer, and sprinkling about my single target heals does the job 100% of the time (unless we've royally screwed up, in which case we're all dead anyway and it's not a Healer issue).

Quote Originally Posted by Alisto View Post
    ________
    Concerning Healer and group healing in general. I've never had issues with it, even when the boss vomited tons of damage at the group. Rotating between Group Instant Heal, Group Health, Group Instant Transfer, and sprinkling about my single target heals does the job 100% of the time (unless we've royally screwed up, in which case we're all dead anyway and it's not a Healer issue).
    This sums up my experience as well. Use Aura of Health, group heals on the first big hits, then spread around the smaller heals. And players usually cast their own revits on themselves, helping out. It works out well.

And playing as a solo class, Healer becomes the most survivable of the mystics. I prefer it even over cleric.

Thread Information