Thread: Ys Origin now on Steam

Default Ys Origin now on Steam

YAY!

A new Ys game has been translated and released in English, and it uses the same type of combat found in Ark of Naphistim and Oath in Felghana.

For those of you who are not yet familiar with the series, it is a three-quarter overhead action/RPG hack-n-slash fast-paced jumping fun.

This one promises more playstyles (since there's more than just one character for the first time in any English-translated Ys game), more puzzles, more awesome bosses with complex AI.

For those of you who just wanna see the sights, don't be intimidated -- like Oath in Felghana, the game comes with a "Very Easy" mode for the casual types who aren't good at platformers or hack-n-slash games.

The game is only $20 and 2GB to download; I've yet to play it as I just ordered it and hope to begin the download soon.

Default Re: Ys Origin now on Steam

Now that I've actually had a chance to PLAY it, I'd have to say I'm quite pleased by what I saw in the first ~2h of the game.

Underwater combat? Cool! More awesome boss fights? You have to climb ontop of the boss's bodies sometimes, bosses having more than one body part you have to hit, different 'upgrades' for your character to buy, etc.

Can't wait to get some time to play more.

Thread Information