Thread: Tell me Your Story

Default Tell me Your Story

I thought this might be fun I posted this in the Istaria-Club on Deviantart.
    here is the journal link

http://Istaria-Club.deviantart.com/j...tory-310814900

Here is what the journal says if you don't wish to click the link.

How did YOU find Istaria? What's YOUR story?

Hey all, Agua here!

I thought this might be fun since the game is under maintenance.
    So tell me, How did you find Istaria? What's your character(s) story? How long have you been playing?

Here's mine:

I found Istaria by accident. When I was 13 a friend and I became crazy about dragons after reading Eragon. We decided we wanted to write out own book, she was going to write with my and her ideas and I was going to draw the pictures. So it started a story about two eleven girls who found 2 dragon eggs 1 white and 1 black. The story didn't get very far because well.. we found Istaria, or Horizons as it was called back in those days.
    One day while searching google for pictures of dragons I stumbled across a Guild Wars dragon model picture and I loved it and tried to find out where it was from but then I found out you couldn't actually play the dragon and I didn't want some pet so I kept looking Could there be more games with dragons?! - I thought (I do believe this is where the gamer came out in me. ) So after ridiculous amount of searching I found it... Horizons : Empire of Istaria... I waited what felt like 3 days for the download to complete my friend and I both eager to try it out.
    Finally the day came we logged in she created a silver dragon, and I created in my mind what was as close to Saphira as I could get (now you all know why Agua is blue.) But I could not name her Saphira so I decided she would be a water dragon, her scales looked like flowing water after all with the swirls... so Agua Rush was born. Agua being spanish for water. (Water Rush - give me a break I was 13. )
    The first things we did in game were a few quests but then we explored ALL over. I remember being a level 3 hatchie on Isle of Ice and we ran to the ice bridge dodging golems and freaking out the whole way. It was love at first sight. I later around level 15 met someone from Timeless (guild) and joined. My friend couldn't afford the subscription so she stopped after the trial. Ever since then I have never looked back. I've enjoyed Istaria for years on end. Made many friends and had many adventures and I know there are more to come.
    I have now been playing for about 5 years. Long Live Istaria!

Now on the other hand as for RP stories Agua and Lolaya both have one here goes. :

Agua's Story. (Please keep in mind when I invented this background I was 13. I just don't have the heart to change it)

My mother was a sea dragon, confined to live a life in water unable to step foot on land. My father was an air drake who spent his life flying high above the ocean and restrictions of land and sea, but after a bad storm my father was knocked unconscious and fell into the sea where he fell into the care of my mother. Forbidden was such two different dragon kinds helping another especially ones who were so opposite. Regardless of her peoples disapproval and scorn she still took care of the drake...and fell in love. She nursed him back to health visiting a shore line cave everyday pulling her self out of the water only to be able to stay a few hours before she had to return to the sea, but in those few hours and days of her care he too came to love her. So in secret they committed themselves to one another and conceived me as an egg. My mother hid her pregnancy well and visited my father everyday meeting him at the shores edge when he was at full health again. They knew however that dark days were coming, and neither of them could keep me, it broke their hearts. My mother was found out by her people, pregnant and they only assumed the worse that I would be impure, half blooded, and a damnation. She fled from them my father flying above the sea and she swimming below, they didn't stop for three days pushing themselves to over exhaustion. Finally they reached Skalkar (spelling.. training isle) a place they had heard took in hatchlings. They left my egg on a beach and waited for me to hatch, when I did they were shocked. I was not a damnation or formed incompletely, I was whole. A young dragoness with sky blue scales and glittering water-like swirls. The head fins of my mother and the wings of my father..... The last thing I remember is my mother placing a necklace around my neck and them nuzzling me good-bye. I was heart broken and didn't understand, abandoned at just a few hours old... the others found me that way, took me in, and taught me to be a dragon. As a hatchling I was adopted by another family, FlatSpin and Calypsorn. They and my guild mates raised me and guided me. When I became an adult I ascended and completed the Rites with two of my hatchling friends Aideen and Trica we were all of Helian fraction. As an adult I was given a saris kit and raised her as my own, but that is another story. I carved my lair deep into Chiconis' mountains and mated a few drakes who never stuck around too long... I have one hatchling of my own who sleeps constantly and one saris daughter. And I have adopted few over the years though they do not wake or have moved on as well. So these days I just enjoy my time with friends, Dievara, Emerdy, Trica, Racazur, Aedre, Sithas, Lolaya, Shakespeare, Flagon, Shashy, Shartan and many many others.
    I enjoy helping everyone and am still in process of completing my lair. I read lots and do a bit of art in my spare time. I am Agua Rush, Helian Dragoness of Timeless and this is my story... thus far.

Lolaya's Story.

I was raised by a dragon, but not just any dragon, Agua. Now, you may scoff and cringe but I was not raised as a slave or a toy, or as dinner. No not Agua she would never do that. I was raised as a friend, as a daughter, and as an equal. Now you may continue to scoff if you are a dragon of Lunus descent but that is the way she raised me, and I owe who I am to that wonderful dragoness. Any how, you may ask yourself how did that happen? Well let me tell you.
    I am from the Isra Lilitu clan. Meaning "Dwellers of the Night." My people lived in the darkest parts of the forests outside Feladan. We were night stalkers, active during the night but mostly just dwelling in darkness...

Every single one of my people had fur like mine, blacker then coal, void of any other color. Our pelts were one of our greatest prides and camouflage. Our fur was thin in the summer months and thick in winter but whenever shed it was gathered and burned. We were a very secretive and mysterious people. Our ears long and larger then most saris giving us more sensitive hearing then others. We could hear hear, see, and smell the forest around us, the darkness was not our enemy but rather our strongest ally. We moved like mist through the trees could follow groups in the forest with out them even knowing our presence. The few who knew of us were those we helped when they were lost in the darkness. We were a peaceful tribe, no need for weapons other then for hunting. Peaceful and tranquil hunters and gatherers. Females spending most of their time raising young, and adorning ourselves with jewelry and braiding our long hair. Males spent time hunting, gathering, patrolling out territory and of course sniffing around the females. However, the Isra Lititu were formal and that is how my father and mother met. He was a warrior chief, leader of our defense forces and she... well she was said to be the most beautiful saris of our clan. A druid healer and spell weaver and she sure put a spell on my father. They became mates and I was born a few months later. I remember clinging to my mother as she proudly kept me always with her in a sling around her chest, but our happy times were not to last. When I was just a few months old the Aegis found our home, they ravaged our village killing everyone in their path, no mercy for women or children. My father and the others defending quickly fell to the dark magics we had no chance. My mother ran as fast as she could through the trees and underbrush, finally she came to a clearing the sun burning her eyes she barely made out a figure standing in the field... a young dragoness who by the looks of it had recently ascended, Agua. My mother ran to her and began to jabber at her in our native tongue, scaring the scales off Agua and just making her confused until she looked at the tree line and saw the smoke... and the aegis arriving all around. Now Agua being the dragoness she is tried to pick up my mother in hopes to fly away, but my mother would have nothing to do with it, why ... i do not know i would guess to create a distraction.. but she clawed at her and shoved me into her paws. Agua told her even though she didn't know if she would understand that she would take care of me.... and then flew off quickly knowing she was unable to help and would surely die if she stayed....
    That was my first time flying... and the only thing i remember is Agua trying to cover my ears... but all i could hear was my mother's final screams.
    I was sure Agua would eat me, but she took me to her lair and let me sleep in her bed chamber. She fed me and cared for me. She is the most gentle dragon I have ever known , soft spoken and with a tender heart. Though strong enough to kick anyone's tail. I am free to leave and come to the lair whenever I wish, like I said i was raised as an equal not a slave. Agua is my best friend and the closest thing I have to a mother. When I came of age Agua gave me a small golden chord head band that was my mother's. She told me what happened and took me to the place of my people. I found out their history from what little remains was left, and took any sort of books I could find which now reside in Agua's libraries. I taught myself to read the language of my people which was similar to other dialects of saris. But Agua raised me speaking in draconic. I have a thick accent that is linked with my Isra Lititu heritage and my draconic upbringing. My fur is like my people's black as night with a few jaguar/leopard looking spots around my nose and cheeks. My eyes are brilliant swamp green and my ears are larger then other saris like my peoples. I became a spell weaver like my mother, a mage. I also took up healing and druidic magics but my passion is working with fire. I became an outfitter and I love to sew and weave armor, clothes, and giant silk pillows for my dragon friends.
    I wear gypsy like clothing that is dark colored usually shades of purple and dark green. My hair is long and tumbles down to the middle of my back and is as black as my fur. My tail is long and helps me for balance, I am overly protective of it do not touch the tail. I also often travel as a hooded figure keeping my face covered with a long hooded dark cloak. I keep to my self often and open up and show my self to few... I can hold my own in a fight Agua has taught me well along with what I feel is the spirit of my mother. I wield a blood thorn staff and I am studying to be a ranger which I greatly enjoy.
    If you should run into me, don't be afraid as long as you don't touch my tail, insult my accent, or talk rudely about dragons we will get along just fine.
    I am Lolaya SwiftClaw, believed to be the last of the Isra Lititu Clan, member of Timeless, daughter of Agua Rush.

So there you have it. IF you are still with me, Thank you for reading
    Now please, tell me your story

~ Agua

It depends which server board I think is which.

Default Re: Tell me Your Story

I read most of it XD I actually like Agua's story, it's cute. ^^ I'll have to write mine sometime.. but later, just woke up xD

What a nice idea, Aqua!!

But for me.. English is still a foreign language.

And the story about Lov is not much shorter than yours

About a dragon-friend, who refused to play a mmorpg on her own- rather sit beside hubby and watch, give advise (without being asked^^) and see Flame try and play them all. Only exception was DIABLO- which we played 4-handed (yes-thats possible )
    until that day...
    when there was a little dragon on the screen (Flame) OMG
    and I was lost... entered the world of Horizons..to never leave..
    Thats the rl story.

Lov`s story started when, walking on the road to Feladan
    and ..Lov thought she had a vision.. A golden Dragoness.. big and mighty..
    no it was not Ramoth-it was Takora, who adopted me in the very first moment.
    The begining of a long wonderful story.
    The beginning of a long, wonderful, close friendship!
    In both worlds
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Thank you lov and racktor its awesome to hear other peoples stories
    I thought this thread would take off more but i suppose my wall of text is intimidating hehe.
    <3

Yes. Yes it is.
    Dragon Scroll; BLIGHT~Anam, Ahleah; CHAOS~Veruliyam, Ceruliyan, Jaguarundi, Spinel, Ssussurrouss, Chon; ORDER~Aucapoma, Susurrus

Default My story

For me, there was this period of time when i was obsessed with MMOs, jumping back and forth between nearly everything i could find that looked intresting and was Free to play, but it never really stuck long. after i had read Eragon, i become obsessed with the idea of dragons, and i wanted to find a MMO where the dragons were good, not the evil final boss. after pretty much one google search, i found my answer. tried a trial on chaos, and liked it, but it failed to keep my intrest. later i decided to come back, so changing it to free (which was annoying as crap) and debating whether to go to Order Or Chaos, I eventually picked Order, and thats what probably kept me intrested, the roleplay. and then i made Coleraon Pesong. end of story.
    Cory
    ------------------------
    Coleraon Pesong, Warrior of Order

That text wall really is... urgs..

The story how I found Horizons is much simpler... it was around the time of the closed beta for World of Warcraft. Yes... WoW after all brought me to Istaria.
    I applied for the closed beta and was not chosen... I'm not sure, if the beta already started or if it was before the beta or something... but I did surf to Amazon and did a search for WoW there to see if I can preorder it, but it did not show up WoW... but it did show up something called "Horizons - Empire of Istaria" which I heared absolutely nothing about before (I'm living in Germany, and if Horizons had a bad launch in the US, it was a horrible launch in Europe). The name sounded interesting to me (somehow the "Horizons" part very much appealed to me. Thinking of that makes me a bit sad, because that is completely gone now). So I fired up a google search for the webpage of that strange game... The time I learned that I can play a cat, I was sold... (Don't know why all of you are so eager for dragons... I like the furry things much better ).

I persuaded two friends of mine to try that game and we ordered it from Amazon for 7€ which included one month of play time (which saved us about 5€ for the first month after the trial ) and we started on Unity. Sadly both of my friends left for WoW then. I tried WoW in the open beta, but did not like it very much... Horizons already had its grip on my and never let me go...

My first char was a white cat, but I did not like that so much... Also it was a bit messed up and I did not like the name I had chosen and so on... So I created a human called Plom (some people might still know Plom, I get him out from time to time , he now is a lvl 100 KnoC but not very much multiclassed). With Plom I reached something about lvl 20 Mage and then stumbled upon the confectioner trainer in Dalimond. Till that time I did not know much about crafting and I was surprised to hear that there actually is a cook school. That lead my to create my beloved Garfonso (somehow he very much looks like Garfield ), who should become a great cook and, in my eyes very suiting to that, a Monk in adventure. Also he is corpulent... so that seemed perfect for me. I then learned quite fast that both schools had some issues and Garfonso turned out much different than I hoped... but I love him to this very day.

After unity went down, I created a new account in the US and created my small dragon Tapsy on Order (she's a lunus, but why she likes Garfonso, I wrote down here: http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...4&postcount=10

TBH I never really created a fixed background for my characters... I like them to be a bit fluent, but I have a description of the basic character traits. Garfonso (my Main) is a nice, a bit naive, Saris. As said he is a bit corpulent and looooooooves eating. Not only Lasagne (I'm so happy that they added a Lasagne recipe with the conf revamp ), but also all other kinds of food. That's the main reason he got Confectioner... so he can make good food and eat it directly. But he is not picky when it comes to food. Just throw him a trout and he is as happy as can be. Of course he still is a cat, so he is not really thankful for throwing him something to eat, but he sees that as a given thing... So it's a good thing that he has a very friendly and helping nature on his own (so now real need to feed him, he'll volunteer to help you anyway). He likes to play around with young Hatchings and anybody else that likes to have fun. He never expects anybody else to be evil... that's why Lov once ate him.

Tapsy (my dragon, one of my more regularly played characters) is very different from that. She is not really evil, but from the outside her actions could be understood as evil... she is a lunus, so she does not like bipeds. In fact she does not like anybody very much (expect Garfonso ). She is a great warrior and likes to kill things. She has not much patience for crafting and so on... That's probably the main reason she can be considered "Lunus"... not so much talking and thinking, more clawing things to death... If she talks to you at all, she tends to be very short-spoken and even rude (but that's more because she does not know what is polite and she just says things how they come to her mind, not because she wants to be rude). I don't think she ever met her parents, and as written in the other text, she must have been an outsider, when she was a young hatching.. and in some ways she still is and outsider today... she does not really feel comfortable in the company of other people, unless it is for fighting together.

Plom is a greedy human. Never reach him a finger, you'll find your hand missing... Maybe that is why he lives on Garfonso's Plot and got a whole set of equipment created... He is not as fleshed out as Tapsy or Garfonso. I also have some more characters, which I would like to play a bit more, if I had more time... for example Dimitrios, my Satyr Ranger.

So, now I also created a wall of text, sprinkled with smilies. Hehe...
    Last edited by Garfonso; July 2nd, 2012 at 01:34 PM.
    I wanna be ancient. Why is there no ARoP for Saris?

Thread Information