Thread: Having problems with the new launcher?

Default Having problems with the new launcher?

Seems to work fine on my one computer. But keep getting a screen that says.

Error: Unable to access jarfile launcher2jar

Anybody got a fix for this?

Default Re: Having problems with the new launcher?

For starters I would update my Java. I would send a link but was told non Istaria links would be deleted. Google for Java run-time, download and install the current version for your OS. If that doesn't help I'm at a loss.

Actually, the current version of Java (version 7.5) does not work with the launcher2. There is a comparability problem that our developers are working with Java to fix. So while a link to the download would not be deleted as Mimir says, such a link would cause more problems.

You will need to have version 6 of Java until this is fixed. This is a known issue and there should be a note about it, but I will check to make sure that link was posted.

If you continue to have problems, please submit a support ticket so someone from technical support can help.

Default New Launcher

The new launcher was hot updated with no warning, and it seems to have broken some users game. While I agree getting incorrect information is as bad as no information, closing a thread with a "We might have posted how to correct this issue" really is not good. Instead the post was closed with "submit a ticket??? What is the forum for? Birthday wishes? Obviously it is not for sharing information or discussion of any kind GAME Related. It also seems that only a select few can post whatever is on their mind without censorship or closure.

I only pay for two (2) accounts per month, how many accounts do I have to pay for to get off the auto delete/close post list?

Default Re: New Launcher

Quote Originally Posted by Mimir View Post
    I only pay for two (2) accounts per month, how many accounts do I have to pay for to get off the auto delete/close post list?

I've always wondered this myself. I know this thread will probably get moderated too, but seriously, Moderators/Devs: You guys need to stop being so heavy-handed with moderation all the time.

I've spoken to a number of players personally who feel that there's not really much point in even bothering to say anything on the forums because everything gets locked/deleted at the drop of a hat and I tend to agree.

Why even have forums if we're not allowed to talk about anything but teddy bears and rainbows all day?

I 100% agree with you both. Posting things in the forums that has anything upsetting with the populous seems to get warned with:

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    Please keep this on-topic and discuss the individual customer's concern. Further posts arguing will be deleted.
    or an actual closing of thread.

Default launcher2.jar

I confirm that launcher2.jar does not work with Java 7.5 - but for me it works fine with Java 7.6. Now that I have upgraded Java 7.5 to 7.6, I see no need to reinstall Java 6.

Knossos

* Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    Please keep this on-topic and discuss the individual customer's concern. Further posts arguing will be deleted.*

Nothing wrong with that in my eyes.

Our forum is not for arguing or attacking.
    Or for endless debates. Or for beating dead horses again and again.
    Those who are here on this forum-continually and since years- know what will happen if moderating is too slack or soft.
    We have forum rules.
    Like we have rp rules. We should reread them now and then.

When posts of mine get modereated or deleted-I know in advance that this will happen. Its the devil inside me who posts it nevertheless
    Great.. I`m not proud about that.
    I`d would rather see Velea and Amon develop nice things for the game-
    instead of having to watch forum every second the day- so that nothing gets out of control. Which indeed happened several times in the past.

This post is not ment to attack anybody. And though we are paying customers, and especially because this is Istaria where the frontiere between playerbase and devs is a very small one-
    I ask for tolerance and symphathy on both sides-

I myself think twice before I post when I`m angry..

And Mim, Dhalin: I pay(ed) for more accounts than the one we all know you are talking about^^
    That never saved my uhh-lets say "emotional" posts.
    but a political correct choice of my words- would have . ^^
    Last edited by LOVWYRM; August 21st, 2012 at 04:32 PM.
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Sorry for the derpy question here but how do I determine what version of Java I have? I want to make sure I have a compatible version before I patch the new launcher in.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkwing_Duck View Post
    Sorry for the derpy question here but how do I determine what version of Java I have? I want to make sure I have a compatible version before I patch the new launcher in.
    Check Windows Control Panel for Java. Clicking on Java should open Java Control Panel. In upper portion of "General" Tab there should be an "About" button. Press "About" and read version of Installed Java.

Knossos

Cool thanks Knossos, I got version 6 update 33 (build 1.6.0_33-b03)
    guessing that`s 6.0 so that should work with the new launcher *crosses talons*

Thread Information