Thread: Steam overlay

Default Steam overlay

*ahem*
    Hey, newcomer here... Uh, I was just wondering if anyones had any luck getting the steam overlay to work with Istaria? It just seems to turn itself off when transferring from the launcher to the game.

Not a major issue, but it's rather annoying having to totally ignore my friends or sign out from steam when ingame, istaria doesn't enjoy being alt-tabbed. ._.
    Last edited by Ciradis; September 18th, 2012 at 03:06 AM.

Default Re: Steam overlay

Yep, the steam overlay does indeed work. If it closes, you should be able to open it again soon, if not, try only open it after loading has finished.

You can also try to play windowed mode.
    Northwind * Ancient, Crafter, Lairshaper * 100/100/100
    Northpole * Spoiled biped * 100 BTLM, 100 CLRC, 100 RVR, 100 RNGR, 100 MAGE, 100 WIZ, 100 SORC, 100 CONJ, 100 SPRT, 100 DRU, 100 HLR, 100 GRDN, 100 MON, 60 WAR, 44 BRSK/SPRM, 40 CHSW * 100 BLK, 100 OUT, 100 JWL, 100 ARM, 100 WPN, 100 FLE, 100 FIT, 100 MSN, 100 SCH, 87 SPL, 85 GTH, 85 MIN

Quote Originally Posted by Northwind View Post
    You can also try to play windowed mode.
    Looks like i'll have no choice, it just doesn't want to work. ._.;

Thanks, guys.

It depends which server board I think is which.

What do you mean that windowed mode 'just doesn't want to work'? Or are you talking about the UI?

I can't manage to get Steam's UI to work no matter what. Does it only work in fullscreen? People can detect when I start playing Istaria but the overlay doesn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Racktor View Post
    What do you mean that windowed mode 'just doesn't want to work'? Or are you talking about the UI?

I can't manage to get Steam's UI to work no matter what. Does it only work in fullscreen? People can detect when I start playing Istaria but the overlay doesn't work.
    Windowed mode makes Istaria's UI act wierd, false clicks, lagged response, things like that. It's playable, but I guess ill just have to switch to windowed when I want to respond on steam and switch back after im done to avoid the inconvenience. ._.

It's probably something to do with windows 7 64bit? I Don't know... Can't really expect a game this old to not have some quirks with my system.
    Last edited by Ciradis; September 19th, 2012 at 10:20 PM.

Windowing the game and restoring to full screen usually crashes the game, at least on my computers. Tried it with both WinXP 32-bit, Vista 32-bit, and Win7 64-bit, a total of 5 different computers/computer setups.

All of them crashed 100% of the time, trying to go from Windowed to Full-Screen or Minimized to Full-Screen.

It is a CTD (Crash-to-Desktop). When I attempted to restore Full-Screen, the screen went black for a second and then a second later, I'm looking at my desktop and Istaria suddenly stopped running with no error message, it just vanished. Poof. Just like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciradis View Post
    Windowed mode makes Istaria's UI act wierd, false clicks, lagged response, things like that. It's playable, but I guess ill just have to switch to windowed when I want to respond on steam and switch back after im done to avoid the inconvenience. ._.

It's probably something to do with windows 7 64bit? I Don't know... Can't really expect a game this old to not have some quirks with my system.
    Yeap, seems that the game is not always able to spot when the game window IS the active window hence all the beeps and involuntary character movement that occur when you do stuff outside of the windowed game.

That is a bug that should be solved with high priority.
    Northwind * Ancient, Crafter, Lairshaper * 100/100/100
    Northpole * Spoiled biped * 100 BTLM, 100 CLRC, 100 RVR, 100 RNGR, 100 MAGE, 100 WIZ, 100 SORC, 100 CONJ, 100 SPRT, 100 DRU, 100 HLR, 100 GRDN, 100 MON, 60 WAR, 44 BRSK/SPRM, 40 CHSW * 100 BLK, 100 OUT, 100 JWL, 100 ARM, 100 WPN, 100 FLE, 100 FIT, 100 MSN, 100 SCH, 87 SPL, 85 GTH, 85 MIN

Thread Information