Thread: Talk to the Team: Expanding Launcher Information

Default Talk to the Team: Expanding Launcher Information

Hello everyone,

The development team is considering expanding the information present within the game launcher, specifically regarding personal character info. Are there any pieces of character information you think should be integrated? If so, how would said information benefit you at the launcher?

Attached is a conceptual format created and suggested by Teneka.

(Larger)
    https://virtrium.box.com/shared/stat...09eo43gl8j.png
    Last edited by Vehon; September 25th, 2012 at 03:30 PM.

Default Re: Talk to the Team: Expanding Launcher Information

Absolutely love idea of being able to see inventory/vault of any toon without logging in. Make it much easier when trying to find something on an Alt.

Smaug

If the views of Equipment, Inventory and Vault could be list view - these would be far more informative.

Knossos

how about an image of the actual toon rather than a generic racial pic... for the character selection list.. I know this has been mentioned elsewhere but I thought this an ideal opportunity to bring it up.

You see an Ice Wall Corner, I see a Tardis.
    "

"Pen Pineapple Apple Pen"

These days I just log in my character to check if I need to restock the connie in Clearport with keys, scrolls, recharges or sunscopes. So it would be awesome if the launcher could display what items each of my characters currently were selling (if anything), the location of where the items were sold (in case you were selling the same sort of items at multiple locations), and show the quantity of items still left without the need to log in game. That way you can easily and quickly check if your supplies are running low and restock them at the appropriate locations if required.

I lurk within the depths of your mind, for I am INSANITY!

Next to the things already mentioned - the inventory and the vault - I would love to see all the schools, craft and adventure.

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

Quote Originally Posted by Arzel Rashemi View Post
    how about an image of the actual toon rather than a generic racial pic... for the character selection list.. I know this has been mentioned elsewhere but I thought this an ideal opportunity to bring it up.
    This is the number 1 thing that I thought of too.

Please Make this happen ! Logging in to alt after alt saying i think i put that here or perhaps this one is plane cumbersome.
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

Along the same lines, would it be possible to see each character's spell book and formula book? This would make it a lot easier to work on bookkeeping for these things.
    SiLang Drag 100, Dcra 100, Dlsh 100 100M Hoard Ancient Dragon of Flight of the Order Shard
    Parcasta Storm Disciple 44, ARM 88, BLK 100, CRP 25, ENC 23, FIT 88, GTH 80, JWL 40, MIN 80, MSN 82, OUT 100, SCH 100, TLR 10, WPN 88, WVR 21

Looks nice but I would not want my vault to load in this window. I play on a widescreen LCD, my vault window is normally about 3x the width of this little preview. Whenever my vault window size gets reset to a default size, all items are shuffled around and it all becomes unsorted (right now my vault is sorted by hand). This preview seems to me like it will shuffle all the items in my vault around, and that will make me very upset.

If the vault only loads if I select the tab labeled Vault, then this might be a bit less of an issue. But if you go re-arranging my vault I will be pissed off.

Toon inventory could be useful, no opinion on that.

Don't really see the point of the skills and abilities being there.

You know what I'd really like? A post office system. If you don't want to put it into the game, maybe the window could show messages? Pleeze???
    It would be so lovely to be send a message to an offline player.
    Cixi
    Gnome Extraordinaire
    FREE RACHIVAL NOW!!!
    Join the GLF! *Gnome Liberation Front

Although I like this suggestion, isn't that what the forums can be used for?

You see an Ice Wall Corner, I see a Tardis.
    "

"Pen Pineapple Apple Pen"

What I would really, really like would be able to move coin between players. If you are not set up for double boxing it's a pain to have to ask another toon to accept coin to pass on to another and then log out, log the poverty-stricken toon in, find the character with your cash, trade, etc. If we could move coin between our characters in the Launcher screen it would be great.

Regarding the representations of the various racial/gender toons methinks that it might be too big of a db hit for the game to do it. But it is sure looking to me that the artwork that we are seeing is from the old 2002/3 concept art. Can someone take a few minutes and create new models? I'll happily do it and I think we'll get a much better look - my Nia certainly looks far nicer than the female gnome toon I see in my Launcher pic (and my female elves look downright terrible...).

As for Ming's suggestion regarding a postal system (mentioned to Amon when he was visiting Blight some months ago) I couldn't agree more. I'd introduce a 'scribe' NPC with whom you could lodge small, medium or large letters/parcels (paying the appropriate fee, of course) to be delivered to the offline toon when they next log in. This could also work for moving coin from one of your toons to another as mentioned above. It's not terribly dissimilar to logging in and receiving coin from food sold at the Tavern or items sold at or returned from the Connie so I'm guessing it's do-able.

For those of us with alts specifically created for carrying forms and techs being able to see what was on who would, as Smaug says, be a bonus.

Nia : Blight Shard : Chronicles of the Twisted Guild
    Last edited by Velea; October 8th, 2012 at 11:58 AM. Reason: removed off topic portion

Thread Information