Thread: Istaria Reference needs your ability screenshots!

Default Istaria Reference needs your ability screenshots!

I'm doing a project that requires the communities' help. I would like to get screenshots of the 1124 abilities (Crafting and Adventure). At the time of this posting, I currently have 189 of them.

The reason for these, will be so that they display in the Schools on Istaria Reference. If you click the Schools link, it shows Cleric school as an example. If you look in the middle table (Levels + Abilities Earned) you will see that some are in blue and some are in black. The ability names in blue letters are abilities that currently have an image in the database. Hover the small picture/icon of the ability and you will see it show the ability, just as it appears in the game.

I wrote a page: http://sharpnetwork.net/istaria/community that handles the images and uploads. This page also shows whats currently uploaded and what is needed.

So if you could please look at your ability screen (Character Sheet) and see if you have anything that is currently missing, it would be greatly appreciated if you could upload a screenshot. Perhaps rejoin a few of your other schools to show more possible abilities?

All you need to do is Hover your ability (or right click show Details) in the Character Sheet in the game and take a screenshot with F12 key. The screenshots will appear in the screenshot folder (in your game folder). Likely C:\Program Files\Istaria\Screenshots. Then you can upload those. Those files are slightly large, so it will take a moments to upload each. If you are photoshop saavy, then you could also cut the actual ability out and upload those smaller files. Which ever is easiest for you

Thanks in Advance!
    Last edited by Cegaiel; December 23rd, 2012 at 12:49 PM.

Default Re: Istaria Reference needs your ability screenshots!

.oO(meh...) *eyes his screenshots of several effects, abilities and alike from dragons*

*only has a few abilities here currently*

@Pharaxes
    Thanks, I saved the images. There are a few I can use immediately. The ones that say current school: None (in abilities tab) would be another project down the road. Just looking for stuff thats automatically gained each level and no quest required. Things like Minor Focus (Wishgiver quests), Breath of Fire, Gifted, Antolathes' Gift, etc fall in the category of School: None). But you gave me a head start on some, when I do get around to those types of abilities, thanks again!

@Everyone
    So far we have collected screenshots of 456/1132 abilities. See http://sharpnetwork.net/istaria/community/?show=image. This link is where you can upload your screenshots. You can also search abilities here too. All of these screenshots are LIVE in the Schools Chart database (hover the icon/images beside the ability names to see the screenshot in the tooltip).

Special thanks to Sethvir and Demonna for being the top posters, so far. Thanks also to LillyJo, Longshanks, Pharaxes for the screenshots. Us 6, including myself (and all of our alts) has single handedly gone from 0 to 40.28% complete. But the project has basically stalled now. We are out of schools to switch to get screenshots. Anymore has to come from YOU, wink wink. A large majority of the high level abilities are done. Most of the missing stuff is lower to mid levels. So even new players, who stumble across this post, you can help by uploading screenshots as you level.

I am humbly asking again that you all to please take a couple of minutes out of your day and check your Abilities tab (and compare to whats available in the School Chart page) and see if there are any screenshots you can upload. If you have ever used the site, thats all I'm asking in return. If us 6 can do 40% of all the abilities, imagine if a couple of you reading, takes time out and uploads a few here and there.

I want to remind everyone that you do NOT need to cut/trim the images. I want to make it as easy as possible to upload your images. Feel free to send a full page screenshot (F12), that is fine, I will do the work and cut/trim them. Whatever you post is NOT LIVE immediately, so dont worry about doing something wrong, you can not mess anything up. I'll take whatever you can post and its simple. It is very easy to upload the screenshot too. You can upload through the webpage. Just search the ability name and click it, you will see an Upload button. Just click Browse button and select the screenshot on your computer, then click Upload, its that easy. You don't need to email or post in forums, they can be uploaded easily via web page.

Just simply see if you have an ability thats not on the list. If so, open your Character sheet, hover the ability and wait for the tool tip to appear in the game. Then hit F12 to take a screenshot to your screenshot folder (inside the game folder - Usually C:\Program Files (x86)\Istaria\Screenshots). The last screenshot you take will always be at the bottom in the folder.

Rejoin all of your schools, temporarily, and check those too. And also, dont forget to look at your Crafting abilities too. Need a few more of those as well. As you level your regular schools, check back and look for new abilities and compare against the list (Link above), every few levels.

This project will benefit all players, new and old (being able to view stats on future abilities). Also, at some point in the future, all of my databases will be public and downloadable. There will be other talented programmers/web page authors (current and in future) that will be able to use the data for their own projects or create sites and display the data much better than I can. This is an investment into Istaria as a whole, not just the Istaria Reference website.

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

you are in a little luck then, check this out: http://www.mmorpg.com/blogs/velveeta...-forgettinglik

if you liked, i would be happy to log in and do all of soknot's abilities. she should be at 10th adventure level now, i believe. if you would desire such, just let me know here in thread. i plan on getting in game before maintinance on tues (soknot lives on chaos). mw is 100/70 something on blight, so you prolly got those covered.

please let me know if you need those 10th level screenies!
    Last edited by velveeta; December 30th, 2012 at 01:48 PM.
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Thanks Velveeta. It seems most everything from level 1-10 is covered, but you can double check. I know alot of things starting at level 12 is missing. 100/70, does that mean Level 100 dragon, 70 dragon crafter? If so, then I could use all the Tier IV dragon crafting abilities, Ess Harvesting, Mining, Ingenuity, etc.

The easiest way to quickly see whats missing for a school you have, would be to visit the School Chart for your school. Anything in maroon letters are already available (can hover the icon to verify). So to check Dragon Crafting, go to http://sharpnetwork.net/istaria/scho...Dragon+Crafter. Here is a screenshot as an example. The Level 1 abilities are missing and have a standard link to click on to upload images. The level 20 abilities have been uploaded and are in maroon letters. The level 1, 40 and 60 abilities are all missing.

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

ceg = think i have your request understood (i am not the brightest crayon in the box, ya ken). i plan on getting in game in a little while, and i will try to fulfill your request as best i can!
    thanx for you hard work for the game i love so much! anything i can do to help is a pleasure!

hey ceg, just wanted to let you know that i uploaded the following screenies, as requested:
    claw mastery 02, ravage i, galewind i, primal roar i, determination i, drag ess harvesting iv, drag ess shaping iv, drag gemworking iv, drag ingenuity iv, drag mining iv, drag quarrying iv, drag scalecraft iv, drag smelting iv, drag spellcraft iv, drag stoneworking iv, drag transmution iv.
    happy i could help!

Thanks Velveeta, got them!

Just hit the 50% mark, thanks again for everyone that is participating. There are now 605/1132 screenshots of abilities on the School Chart page. Please keep them coming Thanks for the massive uploads, Sethvir and Merkaba!

Would appreciate anyone just now stumbling upon this thread, to keep an eye out for possible missing screenshots while you level and upload those.
    Last edited by Cegaiel; January 22nd, 2013 at 01:47 AM.
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

Default What is lvl 64 Monk dodge ability called?

I'm stuck on finding this info out.

Lvl 34 Dodge Passive ability is called Exceptional Dodge
    Lvl 94 Dodge Passive ability is called Prescient Dodge

Does anyone have a lvl 64-93 Monk? If so, what is the Lvl 64 Dodge Passive ability called?

And optionally, if you could, please upload a screenshot to here. But just the name would be a big help. Thanks in advanced!

Well... Happy New Year Istaria. This 1.5 year project (seems just like yesterday) finally has a finale! Was hoping to have this done on Jan 1 but got sidetracked

I've finished auditing every tooltip image in my db to verify everything is up to date and replaced any thing that is even slightly off (ie effect name got renamed, stats changed, etc). Additionally I've just added any that are missing.

As of right now, you can visit http://istariareference.com/schools.asp and see 100% of every tooltip ability, just as it appears in the game today. Just hover mouse over the ability icons, to see the tooltip. Additionally you can now click the icon image to go to the Community Upload Manager. While no more images can be uploaded there, for now (since we at 100%), it's still a very useful tool to search for specific abilities by name, school, etc. Those links go to http://istariareference.com/community for that tool (useful to lookup abilities in general).

I especially want to thank the community and all that have participated with most of the uploads over the past year. This would not be possible without your help. *Round of applause to you*.

While most previous links on this page is probably out of date by now, I felt it appropriate to post this here, to show we did it! While this thread isn't very long, I bugged many player in Market Channel over the years trying to get them to switch schools, upload images. Thanks for your patience!

Congo rates mate!

So many trophies, so much screencapping.

Glad to see your finally got 100%!!!
    rip

Well done, esteemed Cartographer!
    Blight: Kaylee, Marynah, others
    Guildmistress, Crafters of Blight
    Chaos: Demmona, Bankshot, others
    Co-Guildmistress, Mithril Council

Fantastic job .. great to be able to browse all that info .. thx
    Lio de Purr [Proud Saris] -------------------------------- 100 : HLR / SPRT -- 63 MAG
    100 : MIN/GTH - CRP/ENC/FIT/MSN/WVR - JWL - FLT/WPN/ARM - Tlr=80
    Huffenpuff [Adult Helian] ---------------------------------- 100 : DCra -- 76 Drag Adv.
    <The Alliance> Acul - Harro - Wolf's Paw - Drift Pt - Fabric Isle <CHAOS>

I've got a new feature available. It's called History (dull and common name, yes I know). Starting Feb 26, 2015, I will now be maintaining a history/archive feature of all abilities updates. This will consist of a before and after screenshot of any abililty tooltip changes made to deltas.

Right now, you can see the before and after screenshots of all ability changes that has recently occured (Delta 267-268). With that said, you can even see new abilities (including the new Glare and Enthralling Light ability).

This feature will continue into the future. There will always be a before and after screenshot to compare. I will only maintain the previous changes' screenshot, though (previous screenshot only). So only the last known screenshot will be available at any given time (for now). You can always find this link on the Schools Chart page as well, so it can be found easily.

Check out Ability Screenshot/Uploader Manager.

At the time of this post, the changes to the recent Delta 267-268 is the only entires listed (future deltas will show those, too). If you click on any of the links (ability names) they will show the before and after screenshots.

Visit this link to see screenshots of the before and after of any recent updates to the game.
    Last edited by Cegaiel; February 28th, 2015 at 02:39 PM.

Thread Information