Thread: Blight Testing: In Relation to Sandstone Bluffs

Default Blight Testing: In Relation to Sandstone Bluffs

Today a testing model was rolled to blight in an effort to try to see if a long standing bug has finally been squished. What you can expect out of the test model is that all of the stoneworking shelters will now be missing the cloth tarp. Don't Panic! This is intended. Through some careful tests, I believe the problems may be related to the tarp. But the problems are not limited to sandstone bluffs - some individuals report problems at other shelters using the same model too, albeit rarely.

In internal testing, removing the tarp seems to make things work as intended. As such I want to start opening up the testing range to confirm with a wider range of people that it is indeed the culprit.

This test should be available for about a month for you to grab via the patcher - the file will then be rolled back after this time period to the old shelter with the tarp.

During this period, I will have a plot set up in genevia offering a tiny bit of coin for items that use sandstone to encourage testing (and to see if anyone has been potentially contributing to the bug swatter effort). Please use sandstone bluffs for the stone to best determine if the sandstone bluffs issues still exist.

Please only reply to the thread to discuss the results.
    Azulyte is a Dragon's best friend. Azulars on the other hand, are another matter entirely...

Default Re: Blight Testing: In Relation to Sandstone Bluffs

I spent 2 hours doing various gathering and conversions at sandstone bluffs today.
    I haven't experienced any problems in that time but haven't yet contributed to your plot

My dorf Volkin got 16 levels of scholar in your test shop - about 6 hours. No problems found.
    Think ya fixed it.
    Blight: Kaylee, Marynah, others
    Guildmistress, Crafters of Blight
    Chaos: Demmona, Bankshot, others
    Co-Guildmistress, Mithril Council

Ok not sure if it is your bug but when trying to place sandstone on the Stone Flooring Sand, 20x40, I was getting copper for placing but nothing was placed and text said you are to far from structure. I tried from every angle but nothing. Same issue with Stone Flooring Sand,40x40, but I did not get the coin for the 40x40. Tested gathering at sandstone bluffs and pars. All processing done at sandstone bluff. Used 2 different toons, made at least 3 of every sandstone form in book(all tools and spell shard). Made and placed ss blocks and keys on every structure at your plot. These were the only issues I found. Both issues were repeatable with both toons. Hope this helps. Gro
    Experienced hunter and Grandmaster craftsman. Blight only

Quote Originally Posted by Grodec View Post
    Ok not sure if it is your bug but when trying to place sandstone on the Stone Flooring Sand, 20x40, I was getting copper for placing but nothing was placed and text said you are to far from structure. I tried from every angle but nothing. Same issue with Stone Flooring Sand,40x40, but I did not get the coin for the 40x40. Tested gathering at sandstone bluffs and pars. All processing done at sandstone bluff. Used 2 different toons, made at least 3 of every sandstone form in book(all tools and spell shard). Made and placed ss blocks and keys on every structure at your plot. These were the only issues I found. Both issues were repeatable with both toons. Hope this helps. Gro
    I will look at this, however this is not the bug in testing. The bug being tested on blight is whether a stoneworking shelter at a particular location which is notorious for glitching in all sorts of strange ways continues to do so. The best way to test it is to simply work on your sandstone needs out of this location.

The test plot is provided as an activity (nothing on the plot requires it be tested, and bugs I noticed while placing have already been filed), however it also has the additional purpose of seeing if those people running between the plot and the shelter can get it to bug. Several individuals I spoke to about the issues mentioned that it occurred more frequently when approaching from Genevia instead of sandstone bluffs.
    Azulyte is a Dragon's best friend. Azulars on the other hand, are another matter entirely...

I tried to recreate the original bug. I ported to copperton, sandstone bluffs and genevia during my test, with no funky graphics.
    Experienced hunter and Grandmaster craftsman. Blight only

Thread Information