Thread: New to the game and already hooked!

Default New to the game and already hooked!

Hi all! I just started playing a couple weeks ago and I'm loving Istaria so far! I've tried out both Order and Chaos but haven't decided on which one to call home yet. I only have time to play one or two characters, so now that I've decided to stick around I need to find a shard to call home and hopefully a great group of folks to spend the time in Istaria with.

That being said, I do like to RP, but I found the population on Order somewhat slim. I'm a casual player with not a lot of time to play, but I do prefer to play with others, not just solo. I'd really like to play a dragon, but I'm also very intrigued with the crafting system so I plan to create a biped for crafting as well once I choose a server.

I'm a mature player with a family, job and I'm also currently a full-time student. I like to hunt more than craft, but I do plan to start a crafter of some sort as an alt. I'm looking for a fairly well-populated guild where there will always be several people available to talk to and play with, and preferably with a good structure, reputation, camaraderie and leadership. If anyone can give me info on the population and guilds on either server, where my characters might find a good fit, I'd appreciate it. I've met several very nice, helpful people so far and I hope to meet many more.

Newbie dragon hatchling

Default Re: New to the game and already hooked!

Welcome to Istaria!

i am a common player on order, and starting to know how chaos rolls too;
    Order: Join Dragon, MarketPlace, and New Player atleast for chat channels - we're always happy to help you!
    Order's population is very small in comparison to chaos, but they say the best things come in little packages hehe, thats not to say order hasn't many players; the communtiy of order is still large, but very kind c:
    As for guilds; Universal Soldiers and Scions are large/popular/active guilds, who will pretty much always have players on

Chaos: Join Dragon, MarketPlace, and New Player Assistance atleast - a large community has alot of kind players happy to help~
    The population of chaos is huuuuuuge in comparison to order, the bad apples are a little more noticable due to population, but aside that, we're all nice c:
    As for guilds; I can't advise much from the top of my head, perhaps check out the guilds section of this forum?

Have fun in Istaria!

Default Re: New to the game and already hooked!

*serves Altya an [Imperial Urn] full of klava presented with a towel and a curtsy*
    Welcome home!

Azath's assessment IMO is essentially correct. Typical hours you may be on might make a difference for where the better fit may be.
    Wherever you wind up, I hope you have a wonderful time in Istaria!

Thread Information