Thread: Loyalty Tokens

Default Loyalty Tokens

So it seems as of very recently, some people have been able to redeem Loyalty Tokens within the launcher and thus use them in-game. I don't seem to have been afforded this same option... is there something I can do, or some reason I might not qualify?
    --- iuvenilis --- [Officer of The Alliance]
    Demonslaying since July 2004

Default Re: Loyalty Tokens

I'm waiting to get a response internally on this. The path to redeem loyalty tokens is (apparently) in place; though the process to award them to an account, as far as I know, has not been announced nor finalized.

If your account somehow ended up with them, I'd advise against redeeming them until there's a formal announcement. You may end up in a situation where you are stuck with the reward you get, rather than the official one.
    You can get anything you want in life -- just make a lot of noise and bite the right people.

Well... I think those who had them, were able to simply give themselves tokens from the launcher. I don't know if there is a limit, but I can see this getting touchy for those who don't have them... fingers crossed there is a solution
    --- iuvenilis --- [Officer of The Alliance]
    Demonslaying since July 2004

I do not believe that:-(

Still leaks- another bug that can`t be fixed it seems
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

There were a few tokens which were mistakenly handed out, and for that we'd like to apologize. It was not intentional for some to get them. This also does not mean that Loyalty Tokens are any closer to being released, and I would like to personally apologize for that.

You will notice that Anarie has been removed on Order and Chaos, as she should have been soon after she was released. I thought she was moved a while ago, but for some reason she came back to her original location. I have figured out (I hope) how to have her remain in her secret location even after any future patches.

Those responsible have been given chicken costumes and set out in a complex maze with a hungry dragon to have to dodge.

Quote Originally Posted by Velea View Post
    Those responsible have been given chicken costumes and set out in a complex maze with a hungry dragon to have to dodge.
    Some people get to have all the fun! Hmm... Maybe I can make my own? *digs through backpack, then scampers off with [Giant Chicken Tailfeathers] in hand, looking for a dragon to tickle*

Something came to mind when my subs renewed... and since this topic wasn't locked, I thought it prudent to mention it within this topic.

Currently, tokens are given out when the subs renew, so for those that pay monthly, that's good news!

Unfortunately, for those that pay for their game a year in advance... this comes at a harsh penalty to us...

We are only given our tokens at the time our subs renew, which is rather discouraging for someone who pre-pays a year in advance.

Would it be possible to allow us to get tokens every month just like the monthly subbers?

I've been doing yearly subs for about...two years now and I feel like I've been shorted a significant number of tokens. If it were at all possible to back-date and give tokens for every month, that'd be wonderful.

I hope your team takes this thought into consideration.
    Last edited by Litarath; April 3rd, 2016 at 08:51 AM.

Ri'ta'ra'thi Is'mi'nei: Season 100 ADV/100 CRA/100 BLK(former)/100 LSH/ 1.11 BILLION hoard
    Kytitia Pyrrithia: Unparalleled Rating 212 Saris Sorceror, Rating 234 Crafter

Monthly subscribers get one Token of Loyalty per month (12 for a year)
    Half year sub getting 8 (16 for a year)
    One year sub getting 20

I think it's fair that way, and whole year subs already having a high enough amount of bonus tokens.
    Terao (Gnome, Grand Master Crafter, Order [Unity])|Draigourn (Ancient, Master Lairshaper, Lunus, Order)|Echentrial (Ancient, Lunus, Order)

Well if you pay a yearly sub, you already got your tokens for that year. You get them when you pay.
    Last edited by Dacurly; April 3rd, 2016 at 11:34 AM.
    Dacurly Dac : Phoenix Fellowship Guild : Chaos Server
    http://phoenixfellowship.clanz.co/

Quote Originally Posted by Terao View Post
    Monthly subscribers get one Token of Loyalty per month (12 for a year)
    Half year sub getting 8 (16 for a year)
    One year sub getting 20

I think it's fair that way, and whole year subs already having a high enough amount of bonus tokens.
    If this is a change you are suggesting, I could support that, but if you are saying this is how it works.... I think you might be mistaken, either that or I was seriously shorted, because I certainly wasn't given 20 tokens when my sub renewed, I only got one.

Ri'ta'ra'thi Is'mi'nei: Season 100 ADV/100 CRA/100 BLK(former)/100 LSH/ 1.11 BILLION hoard
    Kytitia Pyrrithia: Unparalleled Rating 212 Saris Sorceror, Rating 234 Crafter

Your "one" if your on a yearly account should actually get you 20 tokens when you redeem it. If you was on a 6 month pay plan the the "one" would get you 8 and if monthly the "one" would get you 1.

Its a confusing system until you (I think I do at least) understand what is actually being represented by the "one" you receive and see on the character select screen each time you sub is paid.

Quote Originally Posted by Litarath View Post
    If this is a change you are suggesting, I could support that, but if you are saying this is how it works.... I think you might be mistaken, either that or I was seriously shorted, because I certainly wasn't given 20 tokens when my sub renewed, I only got one.
    yes i found this same thing happening on my accounts .. the totals declared in the 'deliverables' box stayed the same after i changed all my subs to 6 monthly periods .. i was watching this carefully to check my facts until i could post something here for general consideration .. basically the 6 monthly token types never showed up until i started allocating the other day to an alt toon.

your true total, of differing types of tokens .. ie 1st token type (square) = 1 token, 2nd token type (circle) = 8 [for 6 month subs?] .. maybe another value type for annual subs, i have no intel on that as i have only done monthly and 6 monthly subs up until now .. seems to appear after you start allocating tokens for use to character of choice on whatever account your choosing .. i suddenly found on my first account i had 12 of the 2nd token type, meaning i assume a value of 12 x 8 = 60 tokens ?

my next problem though is that the character i had allocated 6 individual monthly tokens [square = value 1] ,, and at a later time, the 2 more [8 total] needed for a spider pet for an alt toon .. has not received any tokens into his vault as yet, but my main character has received the last 2 allocations ,, even though i was allocating to the alt toon [Sylvarr] for his pet.

so obviously this needs to be looked into .. rather than just doing a ticket, i though i'd post here in the hope others may report possibly with helpful comments, so when convenient, the devs might be able to check the token system is working correctly, and find out why my toon Sylvarr is not getting any of the 6 allocated tokens, and why Lio got the last 2 allocations of the 8 tokens i wanted to give to Sylvarr ..

Any feedback on this would be gratefully received, or if you need me to submit a ticket of this post as well, just let me know .. many thx.
    Last edited by Lio; April 27th, 2016 at 12:23 PM.
    Lio de Purr [Proud Saris] -------------------------------- 100 : HLR / SPRT -- 63 MAG
    100 : MIN/GTH - CRP/ENC/FIT/MSN/WVR - JWL - FLT/WPN/ARM - Tlr=80
    Huffenpuff [Adult Helian] ---------------------------------- 100 : DCra -- 76 Drag Adv.
    <The Alliance> Acul - Harro - Wolf's Paw - Drift Pt - Fabric Isle <CHAOS>

On your character select screen you see DELIVERABLES/TOKENS (EXAMPLE 1/4). The DELIVERABLES as far as I have seen will always be 1. The tokens is total number of tokens you have received, each token could be worth 1/8/20 game tokens, depending on sub plan.

Once you click on the DELIVERABLES/TOKENS icon a new window opens REDEEM DELIVERABLE. There is a drop box for each token you have and under that a counter that should show TOKENS 1 of X, (X being a number either 1, 8, or 20) depending on again on your sub plan IE: 1 monthly, 6-month or yearly.

Clicking on the drop box will allow you to see a list and if you had changed sub plans you'll see some that might be one plan and others a differant plan IE: monthly, 6 month or yearly.

Say your on semi-annual plan, your counter should show TOKENS 1 of 8 for EACH DELIVERABLES/TOKENS you have. You can redeem 1 to 8 at a time for each token in the drop box, if they are all semi-annual ones.

Clear as mud huh, lol
    Last edited by Smaug; April 27th, 2016 at 12:46 PM.

i very much appreciate your kind explanation Smaug .. i have used and allocated tokens many times since they were introduced in-game .. my post was actually to bring to the devs attention that i believe the system is not currently working as it should .. and has changed from previous times when it worked perfectly for me before.

two points .. firstly it doesn't seem to display all the tokens you have earned on that account until you start allocating .. before i just saw an amount of square single value tokens, now after i allocated, or tried to, 8 tokens to Sylvarr .. 12 circle tokens have appeared in the 'deliverables' box for this account .. showing two types of loyalty tokens.

secondly, i allocated 8 single tokens to Sylvarr, but as yet they have not appeared in his vault .. BUT two single value tokens have appeared in Lio's vault, even though i was allocating to Sylvarr, and had allocated 6 previously to Sylvarr, making up the 8 Sylvarr needed for a spider pet.

sorry if that wasn't as clear as it needed to be in my previous post .../grin
    Last edited by Lio; April 27th, 2016 at 02:54 PM.
    Lio de Purr [Proud Saris] -------------------------------- 100 : HLR / SPRT -- 63 MAG
    Huffenpuff [Adult Helian] ---------------------------------- 100 : DCra -- 76 Drag Adv.

Do you have copies of those toons on Blight by chance? It's possible you allocated to the blight copy on accident. Also if you are logged in on the toon you allocated them to, you need to relog to see them. Also try viewing the vault in list view to find them.

hey Guaran .. thx for the info .. in answer .. i have no copies on blight yet no, i tried relogging a few times on Syl .. they still don't appear, but the two mistaken ones appear in Lio's vault which is just odd as i was certain i was allocating to Syl .. searched char and highlighted in black box below etc .. i will log on and check list view and report back.

You will need to submit a support ticket so that this issue can be addressed individually.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

......... will do.

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

for those interested, i did a blog post on this topic...

http://www.mmorpg.com/blogs/velveeta...loyalty-points
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Thread Information