Thread: Another AFI Debate Starter

Default Another AFI Debate Starter

The American Film Institute is in the process of polling about 1500 folks in the film industry to get their votes on the greatest movie quotes of all time. You can read the story here .

So, what movie lines would you nominate if you were among those polled (other than the ones mentioned in the news story)? I'll throw out a few that immediately come to mind:

"I'll make him an offer he can't refuse." (The Godfather)

"I love the smell of napalm in the morning. It smells like . . . victory . . . ." (Apocolypse Now)

"I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way." (Who Framed Roger Rabbit?)

"I'm walkin' here!" (Midnight Cowboy)

"Here's Johnny!" (The Shining)
    Before you criticize anyone, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticize him, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have his shoes.

Default Re: Another AFI Debate Starter

Five that leap to mind:

"How did a dame like you get to be a dame like you." Cary Grant to Eva Marie Saint in "North by Northwest"

"Never tell me the odds." Harrison Ford in some space movie.

"Snakes? I hate snakes." Harrison Ford in some archeology movie.

"My father hung me on a hook once. Once!" Joe Piscopo in "Johnny Dangerously"

"If you want me, just whistle. You do know how to whistle, don't you Steve?" Lauren Bacall to Humphrey Bogard in some ship movie.
    Brassandyn and Landowyn
    The Steelworks. Realm of Order

Quote Originally Posted by Brassandyn
    Five that leap to mind:

"How did a dame like you get to be a dame like you." Cary Grant to Eva Marie Saint in "North by Northwest"

"Never tell me the odds." Harrison Ford in some space movie.--(Star Wars, Episode III)

"Snakes? I hate snakes." Harrison Ford in some archeology movie. (Raiders of the Lost Ark)

"If you want me, just whistle. You do know how to whistle, don't you Steve?" Lauren Bacall to Humphrey Bogard in some ship movie. (Key Largo)
    Before you criticize anyone, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticize him, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have his shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by Tantalyr
    [img]/Web/Themes/Generic/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Brassandyn wrote:Five that leap to mind:

"Never tell me the odds." Harrison Ford in some space movie.--(Star Wars, Episode III)

"Snakes? I hate snakes." Harrison Ford in some archeology movie. (Raiders of the Lost Ark)

"If you want me, just whistle. You do know how to whistle, don't you Steve?" Lauren Bacall to Humphrey Bogard in some ship movie. (Key Largo)
    Doh, I know that. Was just havin' fun
    Brassandyn and Landowyn

good will never triumph over evil because good is dumb - spaceballs

excuse me while i whip this out.- blazing saddles

i could go all day
    Brain: It must be inordinately taxing to be such a boob.
    Pinky: You have no idea.

Most likely in a crafting field somewhere

"you were only supposed to blow the bloody doors off!" (Italian Job)

Proud and loyal members of Battalion
    Xarii Ani - Dryad - Chaos shard
    Quazi Ani - Dragon - Chaos shard

Right! I saw that film (both of them) and don't even remember that line. They stole it anywho from here:

"Think ya used a little too much dynamite there Butch?" -- The Sundance Kid, from "Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid."
    Brassandyn and Landowyn

Most likely in a crafting field somewhere

Quote Originally Posted by Brassandyn
    Right! I saw that film (both of them) and don't even remember that line. They stole it anywho from here:

"Think ya used a little too much dynamite there Butch?" -- The Sundance Kid, from "Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid."
    If your referring to my post, i dont see how they stole it as the lines arent THAT similar, same general concept but different way in saying it....atleast in my opinion.

Proud and loyal members of Battalion
    Xarii Ani - Dryad - Chaos shard
    Quazi Ani - Dragon - Chaos shard

"What we have here is a failure to communicate." - Coolhand Luke
    "Badges? We don't need no stinking badges! - Treasure of the Sierra Madre
    "The greatest trick the devil pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist." - The Usual Suspects
    "But this one goes to 11..." - This is Spinal Tap
    "If someone asks you if you're a god...you say YES!!!" - Ghostbusters

A few more . . . .

"The greatest thing in life is to slay your enemies, drive them before you and hear the lamentations of their women!" (Conan the Barbarian)

"Don't get cocky kid!" (Star Wars)

"We're not worthy!" (Wayne's World)

My life will be complete when they release the new Police Academy sequel...

Shaw el Shadai Moking
    'Coming at ya...like a spring!'

Thread Information