Thread: Blight Update 237

Default Blight Update 237

Blight Delta 237 was applied to the Blight Testing Shard on Friday, March 1st, and includes the following additions, changes, and fixes. Please use this thread to post bugs only. Do not use it for discussion of changes. Non-relevant posts will be moved and/or deleted.

Use this thread to discuss this update: http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...237-Discussion

Crystalshaper
    With this update comes the first part of the new Crystalshaper school! Quests and the Fiery Rift are not part of this update yet, but we hope you will help us test all of the Crystals, Formulas, Abilities, and more that are part of the update.

What is included:

• Aratanosh. A new NPC who presently is found at Sslanis. She sells Inspirations and, for those who qualify, will let you join the Crystalshaper school itself.
    • What are the requirements to join the school? Adult or Ancient Dragon, Level 80 Adventurer, Level 20 Lairshaper.
    • What are Inspirations? Inspirations are special abilities you will acquire that will let you "Inspire" emotions in your opponents. Each emotion may allow you to loot a Sliver of that emotion (A sliver of Rage, for example). Slivers are combined into Shards and Shards into Crystals.
    • Who can purchase Inspirations? Anyone, Biped or Dragon. You must simply meet the proper level for each Tier of ability.
    • What Emotions are available? There are seven: Rage, Vitality, Fear, Bliss, Apathy, Courage and Peace.
    • What Crystals can be created? Armor, Resistance, and Damage Crystals are part of this update. Healing and special Primal Crystals will be part of a later update.

Other Notes

• Adjusted the sort order of the Knowledge Window filters.
    • Removed Jewelry Crystals of Dragon Breath from loot tables, as dragons can not use Jewelry Crystals
    • Fixed skill requirement on Guild House Large for applying Steelsilk Tapestries.
    • Treants will no longer use Branch Regrowth on each other, but it will now recycle more quickly and may heal for more (as they now get the Nature skill which the ability required).
    • Corrected the XP for the Essence Sources and Spheres on the Guild House Medium as the values were reversed.
    • Enraged Elm Treants will now drop Scion of Massive Elm as a trophy item.
    • Fixed typo in quest "Spiked Scales VI: A New Enemy"
    • Primal Attack V spell now requires you to be level 85 with 850 Primal.
    • Formula "Expert Spell: Primal Attack" now requires 850 Spellcrafting to scribe, not 870. Updated the skill requirements to create individual Primal Attack spells.
    • Updated the tooltip for Mining 3 to reference Dark Iron instead of Nickel.
    • Corrected the min/max damage of Unarmed Mastery 1.
    • Fixed a "nil is not online" error in quest "ARoP24 - Retribution: Seek the Guardians" when speaking to Fergul Nly.
    • Valkor's Vampiric Bats will now do life damage instead of flame.
    • Made updates and changes to Dimensional Pocket quests 5 and up to improve directions and correct errors.
    • Made changes and updates to all quests in the Scalecraft Mastery series.
    • Updated location trigger points in quest Discover the Fate of Balit's Companion so that they are more on the sides of the island rather than in the center. Also updated experience provided for the quest.
    • Updated both dragon and biped versions of Assist Balit with his Research to improve looting in addition to providing better experience at end of quest.
    • Cleaned up and provided better experience for the quests Gather Rare Components for Balit's Research and Kill the Werewolf Named Eyetooth.
    • Settlement: Aiya pad now requires attunement.
    • Moved the Gatekeeper from Falathien to near the bridge at Aiya. He now offers a "free" attunement to Aiya, but requires a little leg-work to attune to Falathien and Elia. His appearance is now altered to look less like a clone. He is also now known as Aikhar the Seer.
    • Quest "Attunement: Falathien" now requires you to kill Sand Scarabs to gain attunement.
    • Quest "Attunement: Elia" and "Attunement: Aiya" are now offered by Aikhar the Seer.
    • Maple Mimic is no longer known as Cedar Chest.
    • Corrected the description on the technique "Defense: Blight Resistance I"
    • Quest "Vandus Confederation: Traitor in the Midst II" now gives some feedback in the journal after speaking with the Militia in Heart while on the hunt for Gregory.
    • Replaced the Loom with a Fabric Distaff at the Clothworking Factory near Reed Lake.

Default Re: Blight Update 237

ISSUES THAT HAVE BEEN REPORTED:

* It was mistakenly reported that dragons could not use Jewelry Crystals and thus "Dragon Breath" crystals were removed. They'll be added back.

* An issue exists with the inspirations Apathetic, Encouraged, Enraged, Euphoric, Peaceful and Terrorized. Players will experience that the mob under the effect of any of these particular inspiration will stop attacking them completely for approximately 60 seconds. This only should happen about 25% of the time that players are hunting mobs with an "Inspire" buff on them, but it will happen. This will be fixed with the next update, of course.

* THIS ONE IS BIG: All tiers of Resistance Crystals but T1 have the wrong effect on them when used. The Viridian Resistance Crystals use the correct effect, but all others do not.
    Last edited by Velea; March 5th, 2013 at 11:03 AM.

More known issues for Crystals:

* They are currently listed with "Tool Socket" but they should not be socketable, only consumable.
    * Crystals are currently set with level 70 instead of higher.
    Last edited by Velea; March 5th, 2013 at 07:00 PM.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Don't know if this is the right place but from the JM resistance crystals:

The amber resistance crystal of energy needs AND a shard of vitality AND a lesser shard of vitality.
    I think the last one is wrong.

The cerulean resistance crystal of energy doesn't need a shard at all.

Got it, FYI all the formulas for those crystals were broken
    Last edited by Velea; March 3rd, 2013 at 10:00 PM.

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

Inspired Vitality VI ability give the buff Inspired Vitality V, not VI as it should.

Elite Blights, Enraged Elite Blights, Skeletons, Ghosts, Zombies, Wraiths become immune to damage if the Inspiration abilities are up. Tried more than once on the type mobs in Eastern Deadlands. Cannot attack them at all, while any of the inspiration abilities are in use.

Abominations, Fyakki, Vexators, Kwellen can be damaged when using the abilities, with the exception of Inspire Rage which doesn't work on Abominations.

Made some Violet Damage Crystals. They require tool socket, and craft level to use, but they seem to be crystals that would go in a weapon:
    VioletDamageCrystalsOnBlight.jpg
    Edit, looks like Amon is aware of this last issue.

Fixed Inspired Vitality VI to give the proper buff. Looked at it and because those are T6 mobs, and you couldn't get the T6 buff due to the bug, I suspect that is why they were immune to damage.

Will need to know which version of Inspire Rage you were using so I can take a look.
    Last edited by Velea; March 3rd, 2013 at 09:24 PM.

Blog Entries

The Inspire Peace VI ability does not give any shattered slivers when attacking animals and insects for a long time, even though vitality slivers do drop at a low pace.

Edit: I spent some time attacking wild Gruok, greymane seekers, and large loricatus beetles.

Drop chances will be raised with the next update, so try again after the delta is applied and I think it should work.
    Last edited by Velea; March 7th, 2013 at 03:01 PM.

Primal Attack V now shows requirement of current adventure level 850 instead of 85.

Thaalia of Order

Fixed
    Last edited by Velea; March 7th, 2013 at 03:14 PM. Reason: Removed non-bug report portion

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    Inspired Vitality VI ability give the buff Inspired Vitality V, not VI as it should.

Elite Blights, Enraged Elite Blights, Skeletons, Ghosts, Zombies, Wraiths become immune to damage if the Inspiration abilities are up. Tried more than once on the type mobs in Eastern Deadlands. Cannot attack them at all, while any of the inspiration abilities are in use.

Abominations, Fyakki, Vexators, Kwellen can be damaged when using the abilities, with the exception of Inspire Rage which doesn't work on Abominations.

Made some Violet Damage Crystals. They require tool socket, and craft level to use, but they seem to be crystals that would go in a weapon:
    VioletDamageCrystalsOnBlight.jpg
    Edit, looks like Amon is aware of this last issue.

Fixed Inspired Vitality VI to give the proper buff. Looked at it and because those are T6 mobs, and you couldn't get the T6 buff due to the bug, I suspect that is why they were immune to damage.

Will need to know which version of Inspire Rage you were using so I can take a look.
    I was using the Tier 6 of all the abilities. While testing the Inspire Vitality, I only had the tier 5 version of the buff present. I seemed to miss alot more while trying it out. I never did get any silvers to drop from having the t5 version of the inspire vitality buff up, while hunting in ED.

Mouseover of Master Damage Crystal and Master Resistance Crystal Forms show truncated list of products and do not show Requirements or Usable By information.

This is unfortunately an issue with any formula with many products in it. I will raise it again with the client team, but this may not be something that is fixed by the time this goes live.

T1 Ability Inspire Rage requires Level 20 Adv to use while the other 6 T1 Inspires require only Adv Level 1 to use. Is this as intended?

Not intended and I believe fixed already.

The potential need for 7 Hotkeys to select an Inspire appropriate to mobs hunted/product sought is not encouraging to players who already struggle to find 100 hotkeys sufficient. Is there any way other than hotkey to use the inspires?

No, as they are abilities in order to use them they must be hotkeyed. I will ask the client team about adding the capability of using abilities directly from the ability window, though no promises.

Knossos
    Last edited by Velea; March 5th, 2013 at 05:55 PM.

Blog Entries

These are the problems I found with Teir 2: All the crystals require craft level 70 to use.

This is a known issue for all crystals. Sorry about that, just now noticed that Amon's post had said T5 crystals... it is all of them.
    Last edited by Velea; March 5th, 2013 at 07:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Knossos View Post
    ...The potential need for 7 Hotkeys to select an Inspire appropriate to mobs hunted/product sought is not encouraging to players who already struggle to find 100 hotkeys sufficient....
    Any chance of getting additional hotkey bars? 10 Isn't enough once you are muticlassed. Just adding #11 and #12 would be a huge help.

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    Any chance of getting additional hotkey bars? 10 Isn't enough once you are muticlassed. Just adding #11 and #12 would be a huge help.
    Guess everyone missed this? http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...-Update-384-75

FEATURE: Increase maximum number of hotkey bars to 20 - hotkey bars can reduce frame rate when there are lots in use
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    I only see 10 hotkey bars (banks) when using Client 384.75 on Blight or when running it on Live Shard. Is there something needing selection to activate the extra 10?

Knossos

I've passed that feedback to the developers and they say it's fixed in the next update that will be released to Blight. We just got the latest build today, which means, unless our internal testing finds anything glaring, it will be out very soon.

As always, thank you for letting us know about any issue and checking the change list. Your feedback is super important in helping make the next update a solid release.

Yfelvik
    - Istaria Customer Support

With the attunement to Aiya now needed, I discovered what I see as a big problem. My new test hatchie has a level 20 craft quest, Dimensional Pocket II, that requires a delivery to Summoners Tower by Morning Light. Only way I can see to get there for someone walking, is through a lot of 95+ mobs. At 25 DRAG and 30 DCRA plus carrying a heavy load, it's going to equate to a lot of dead and frustration.
    Blight: Kaylee, Marynah, others
    Guildmistress, Crafters of Blight
    Chaos: Demmona, Bankshot, others
    Co-Guildmistress, Mithril Council

There will be a new patch applied to Blight today, so closing this thread and starting a new one.

Thread Information