Thread: Footprint Patrol

Default Footprint Patrol

Greetings, plot-owning Istarians!

I am writing this to seek out buildables in the plot listing with messed up footprints. Footprints are those little outlines you see in the planning window that tells you roughly the area it will occupy. This is in order to try to determine why they get messed up and attempt to fix those that are known by players to be a little off.

If you know of a footprint that is flipped, rotated, shifted off center, distorted, or any other issue that causes it to not properly reflect a structure's shape, please list the plot structure name here for investigation.
    Azulyte is a Dragon's best friend. Azulars on the other hand, are another matter entirely...

Default Re: Footprint Patrol

Ponds footprint is flipped. Haven't checked all the tiers but I know the tier 3 one is flipped.

The 10 x 20 new flooring pieces has the axis point (where it turns and where you stand to apply resources) way outside the bounderies of the actual piece. Haven't checked all the different types but all the decorative stone ones are like this.

Thaalia of Order
    Last edited by Holth; May 5th, 2013 at 11:04 PM. Reason: added more info

Noticed this morning while building, that the 20 x 40 stone flooring pieces for the Decorative, Fishbone, and Grey Slate also have the axis point outside of the piece.

You see an Ice Wall Corner, I see a Tardis.
    "

"Pen Pineapple Apple Pen"

One thing I want to add to this thread is something I’ve noticed while building as well. Some of the walls do not join up evenly or nicely together with their respective pieces, and won't let you build them without leaving gaps.

Sandstone wall, 3 meter didn't fit well beside another Sandstone wall, 3 meter piece. There is a rather noticeable gap between the two pieces.

I love the hedges, but the Archway for hedges has always had problems adjoining to their wall pieces without leaving a gap between the wall piece and the corner or archway.

"

All of the wheelbarrows do not match up with their foot print.

"

This is on Order (don't know if that matters), the new Trellis Wall - Gate has the footprint flipped from what it should be. It shows the gate opening the opposite side of the way the gate actually opens. Not currently possible to make a trellis - gate line up on your property line.

Small house style #3 doesn't match what used to be when called small dwarven house. I had one on a plot and removed it to rebuild to get new storage amounts and found the new one will no longer fit where it was.

Smaug

not sure about:

Is it by intention, that festival tents have such a big footprint?
    (footprint of tavern)
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by LOVWYRM View Post
    not sure about:

Is it by intention, that festival tents have such a big footprint?
    (footprint of tavern)
    nope - should you be lucky enough to not have the tent picture warp away into frame instantly, you'd see the tent is waaaay smaller than the footprint.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracaena View Post
    This is on Order (don't know if that matters), the new Trellis Wall - Gate has the footprint flipped from what it should be. It shows the gate opening the opposite side of the way the gate actually opens. Not currently possible to make a trellis - gate line up on your property line.
    It's the same on Chaos. I also noticed that it doesn't matter if you rotate the Trellis Wall - Gate 180 degrees, you cannot get it to place anywhere close to flush with the plot line, so you either need to place the other Trellis Wall pieces back from the plot line OR use the corner pieces to try to come up with some kind of pleasing formation.

This is old but still very annoying. The footprint for the Jewelry shop does not allow a wall to be placed anywhere close to flush with the actual walls of the shop. If you try to place any kind of a wall to abut with the shop, you end up with a huge gap (character can walk through the gap!) between the wall and the shop.
    Dee
    IGN: Deelighted, Deeclaw, Deelusion, Deestiny, Deemure, Deecree, Deeno
    Brains & Brawn Guild

I believe that "footprints" include the structure overhangs as well and thus cause the issue of spaces between structures having overhangs and other structures with or without own overhangs (and plot boundaries as well). It would be indeed nice should in fact this not be necessary.

Knossos

Thread Information