Thread: chests, keys, and broken sarcophagi

Default chests, keys, and broken sarcophagi

I read the thread about the chest in Ashlander's and Heilan's tombs. Ashlander's can only be opened by a cleric, and Heilan's by a dragon. But that got me thinking... What about those chests I keep finding in skulk villages? My dragon Flamestar can't open them. Are they there just for the bi-peds?

Speaking of tombs^, I'm currently doing the "Plundered Tombs" quests with Flamestar, and I'm finding broken sarcophagi in the tombs. Appearently they can be gathered from, but whenever I try to, it says only Istarian Army Knives and Intution will work on them. Dragon Ingenuity won't work. Is this a bug? Or are the sarcophagi just there for the clerics?

My first venture into Istaria fanfiction: link and my other fanfics: link and artwork: link

Default Re: chests, keys, and broken sarcophagi

The first part of the question, I'm not sure, I've only done it on Cleric.

In regards to the second part of your question...
    I just tried, I used Dragon Intuition III and was able to gather Grave dust. You correctly said the error message needed Istarian Army Knife or Intuition skill. However, you said Ingenuity which would be incorrect.
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

Regarding the Chests, those quest specific ones are likely only able to be opened via a quest key, which may be why only Helians and Clerics can open them, as they are the 'schools' which can do the questline. Not 100% sure though. As for normal chests, they can all be opened by keys. All chests have health and you typically match the amount of health they have to the damage the keys do. For example, a T6 key will open almost any chest, but using it on a T1 chest is a bit overkill. Trying to use a T1 key on a T6 chest will get you nowhere other than wasting a key. The 'Mimic' chests are actually mobs and are distinguished by their excessive amount of health (E.g. a T6 chest has about 150 health, while a T6 mimic has about 3.5K). Keys can be crafted by Tinkers and require metal bars and moulds, IIRC.
    --- iuvenilis --- [Officer of The Alliance]
    Demonslaying since July 2004

Oh. I was wondering why the chests had health bars... Thanks for the info to both of you!

Btw, what should I do if I DO ever run across a mimic? Do you just fight them like normal mobs?

My first venture into Istaria fanfiction: link and my other fanfics: link and artwork: link

Quote Originally Posted by flamestar View Post
    Btw, what should I do if I DO ever run across a mimic? Do you just fight them like normal mobs?
    Indeed! Whack away. They may have some resistance, perhaps to energy, otherwise they can be killed just like any other mob.
    --- iuvenilis --- [Officer of The Alliance]
    Demonslaying since July 2004

Quote Originally Posted by flamestar View Post
    Oh. I was wondering why the chests had health bars... Thanks for the info to both of you!

You stick your leg out and wave it around... "Heeeeeeere chest, chest, chest..... Tasty, tasty dragon..... what big teeth you have.... mine are bigger! <CHOMP>!!" :P
    SiLang Drag 100, Dcra 100, Dlsh 100 100M Hoard Ancient Dragon of Flight of the Order Shard
    Parcasta Storm Disciple 44, ARM 88, BLK 100, CRP 25, ENC 23, FIT 88, GTH 80, JWL 40, MIN 80, MSN 82, OUT 100, SCH 100, TLR 10, WPN 88, WVR 21

Thread Information