Thread: Blight Hotfix (from delta 241)

Default Blight Hotfix (from delta 241)

The following was applied to Blight today as a hotfix that will require a restart of Blight.

Limits placed upon Silos have been reverted back to their original values temporarily. We've taken your feedback and suggestions and will be working on developing solutions for the near future to bring the limits back, but address the concerns and desires that were brought up in the discussions. Thank you again for your feedback.

Default Re: Blight Hotfix (from delta 241)

What about the trees? Surely if one needs looking into then both do?

Trees are now properly classified as decorations, so no, at this time there will be no change to them. All decorations but those which are are considered "seasonal" are now limited in some way or another.

I ask on behalf of not only my own interest but also on behalf of all the other aesthetic plot designers that you reconsider this decision until you make a solid decision for BOTH silos and trees not just one. If it goes through there is only one way to show how strongly I oppose this delta and I will take the necessary step to do just that.

I would prefer no limit on trees. If there must be a limit, make it high - the total number of trees of any variety on a plot, not limited by variety. I think that a forest of common trees looks generally better than mixing foliages from zones that never normally meet (e.g., palms and snow-covered pines, cactus and swamp trees). And also of concern to me is that the limit has nothing to do with plot size; 25 trees on a 40x40 makes for a more dense (read nicer) forest than on 100x100.

I fully, whole heartedly second that awdz.

Its not like we have been asking for no limitations on all decorations, but onlythe trees. And for the very reasons that awdz has pointed out.

Might as well tell aesthetic crafters that they don't matter.

You see an Ice Wall Corner, I see a Tardis.
    "

"Pen Pineapple Apple Pen"

I am happy to see this. Definite step in the right direction. Although I'm one of functionality over aesthetics, neither deserves a limitation without solid compensation. I am still fearful however that this even made it to a blight release. Metrics have yet to be released making the 'reduced lag' solution questionable.

Bravo.
    rip

Here is a question since i am wagering regardless of what is said the silo limit is comming, What i would like to know what about players that already have more than 25 silo of any teir, does the limit start at the next silo or will they not be allowed to place any more at all. Currently I am still trying to understand the logic and reasoning behind this change in the first place, granted i dont know exactly how many "silo farms" are on any of the three servers. Second i know this one is a bit off topic but when willl the new dragon school for crystal making actually make it to the live shards?

I believe if the 25 silo limit had went into place, that very very few players would actually have been impacted. I would wager 5 players or less per shard exceed the proposed limits. And the existing plots with the excess silos would not be affected, save for adding new silos.

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    I believe if the 25 silo limit had went into place, that very very few players would actually have been impacted. I would wager 5 players or less per shard exceed the proposed limits. And the existing plots with the excess silos would not be affected, save for adding new silos.
    Curious why you would think the number is so small (5). On order shard I know of about 20 some plots that go way above the 25 limit. I did not go around searching all areas. I just know of the ones that are used by crafters. Mine excluded from the commonly used ones because it is in an area not commonly used except by a few players. I am sure that their are quite a few more in private areas that also exceed the 25 limit.

Im assuming means 25 per tier not just 25 total silos on a plot. If you just consider the even tiered ones that's a total of 75 silos and there might be only 5 or less that go past that limit, myself being one. I have a very large plot dedicated mostly to shops and silos. Very few have a need or desire (stubbornness? lol) to build that many silos I think.

I have several other plots and they have only 4 or so silos on them, or none at all. So if you average all my plots together even I am well below the advertised limits being considered

Smaug

Thread Information