Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Camera Controls

Default New Camera Controls

If you've got some time this week, the client on Blight has new camera controls. Click-hold left mouse button is mouse look and click-hold right mouse button is free look.
    http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...-Blight-384-91

As camera controls are very nuanced, we're looking for feedback (both good and bad).

Please take note that the client on Blight doesn't have an option to disable the new feature (right now), but will be updated with a new options preference before being released to the live shards.

Yfelvik
    - Istaria Customer Support

Default Re: New Camera Controls

Ah these controls are just like my old habits on EQ. It saves my middle mouse button as well so I can once again bind it to TeamSpeak!

Excellent.
    rip

We haven't heard much feedback on this update. Please let us know so the devs can decide if this update is ready for release on Tuesday.

Thank you,

Yfelvik
    - Istaria Customer Support

I like the new camera controls. It's similar to the camera controls in some of the other games I play and I find it very useful.

There is comment on the new camera controls in Post #2 in this thread: http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...l=1#post290198

Knossos

Alright, made a blight character to 'pre-load' the new client for tomorrow. How the heck to you return the mouse function back to the way it was? This is freaking annoying - what is up with toggling between movement control and camera control - only fallen off the edge of the road several times now.
    Spirit Brothers
    Aaelefein - Foremost a Grand Master Crafter, also a Paladin/Healer/Druid/Mage/Spiritist
    Treyvan - Adult Dragon 100A/100DC/100LS/95CS
    Skandrannon - Growing and Expert Dragon Crafter

I'd like to be able to disable it. It jerks me about when doing the drag n' drop during a trade.
    Blight: Kaylee, Marynah, others
    Guildmistress, Crafters of Blight
    Chaos: Demmona, Bankshot, others
    Co-Guildmistress, Mithril Council

Quote Originally Posted by Marynah View Post
    I'd like to be able to disable it. It jerks me about when doing the drag n' drop during a trade.
    I would assume it'd be somewhere in key bindings. assume anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Marynah View Post
    This is the similar effect to currently binding freelook hold on right click. You lose the context menu and instead always freelook.
    rip

Wanted to follow up with the mouse control bit.

Typically left mouse is camera revolving around the character (similar to camera lock), whereas right mouse is rotate. It seems now it is the opposite. Usually when you are in movement, etc. rotate is much more useful as you can direct the character. Well, putting it on the left side, same side as your selection, you end up dropping your current target or selecting something else or even clicking on something inadvertently.

Likewise on the current right click, I was having trouble bringing up context menus to lootall on corpses without clicking off accidentally and losing the menu.
    rip

One more, I think, very important thing I've noticed since testing this: When a mouse button is clicked for steering, while the cursor disappears, it is actually invisible and when it crosses over an open window (ie. inventory, or quest window) steering is lost while the now visible cursor is over the open window. Also can no longer use mouse to adjust position/direction without losing target lock either.

Also noting that tracking or whatever you want to call it isn't as fine either. Seems half the time it takes twice as much mouse movement to get the same 'steerage' as before.

Not sure if they are related, but I can no longer attack with a double-click of the mouse and what happened to following the mob when attacking? I noticed the controls for that under options is gone too.

I would ask that the dev's gives explicit instructions on how to return mouse control to the way it was before this change.
    Last edited by Aaelefein; May 29th, 2013 at 07:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaelefein View Post
    One more, I think, very important thing I've noticed since testing this: When a mouse button is clicked for steering, while the cursor disappears, it is actually invisible and when it crosses over an open window (ie. inventory, or quest window) steering is lost while the now visible cursor is over the open window. Also can no longer use mouse to adjust position/direction without losing target lock either.

Also noting that tracking or whatever you want to call it isn't as fine either. Seems half the time it takes twice as much mouse movement to get the same 'steerage' as before.

Not sure if they are related, but I can no longer attack with a double-click of the mouse and what happened to following the mob when attacking? I noticed the controls for that under options is gone too.

I would ask that the dev's gives explicit instructions on how to return mouse control to the way it was before this change.
    Experience this also, and the mouse ends up off my middle monitor and onto another, forcing me to move it back to my center monitor where I play the game.
    rip

Thank you very much for all the feedback today. The developers are working your feedback into the next update.

There's been some requests to disable the new mouse look functionality. While it's important to hear your feedback (and please enable the camera after the next update), you can disable the new camera controls from the options window.
    option-cam.png

Quote Originally Posted by Dracillion View Post
    Wanted to follow up with the mouse control bit.

Typically left mouse is camera revolving around the character (similar to camera lock), whereas right mouse is rotate. It seems now it is the opposite. Usually when you are in movement, etc. rotate is much more useful as you can direct the character. Well, putting it on the left side, same side as your selection, you end up dropping your current target or selecting something else or even clicking on something inadvertently.

Likewise on the current right click, I was having trouble bringing up context menus to lootall on corpses without clicking off accidentally and losing the menu.
    First, thanks for the update to the camera controls. I do have to agree with Dracillion here, the left and right click seem to be reversed from the typical mouse view control setup. Left click should pan the camera around the character without moving the character, while right click should move the camera with the character.

Great addition, a welcomed change. I'm sure if I looked around a bit I may find a way to reverse the left and right click myself. Cheers!

Ok, first thing is first, definitely flip it, or give the option to flip it. Right-hold for steer, and left-hold for look please. I personally have no need to mouse look, mouse steering is kinda useful though. At the moment, I'm just selecting stuff all the time when I try to steer, mainly my dragon's big arse.

Another tiny annoying issue is when I log-in I have to re-centre the camera or I'm flying into the ground. But to extend on that, the "Recenter behind character" button on the camera controls window does not recenter the pitch control. So if I'm not flying straight, I land, press that then take off, I'm still flying into the ground; I have to recentre the camera using the keybinding. Presently, if I'm left-clicking for just a split-second too long, although my camera may not move, it has effectively changed my pitch even when I'm on the ground. Such that when I take off, again I'm flying back into the ground. So please give the option to flip the controls.

The issue I've always had with mouse steer on the dragon is that I'm always flying slightly up or down. I don't want the mouse steer to control pitch/elevation, just left to right. And when I do try to use it to fly up or down, I feel I have to have the camera pointing either at the sky or the ground to get anywhere. It's always faster to fly up/down using the keybindings. If it were possible to disable elevation control for the mouse-steering that would be good, but I might be the only one with this issue.

The reason I don't use mouse-steering on my ped, is because he loads up on my 2nd monitor which is smaller and as others have pointed out, the moment your invisible mouse crosses over anything or leaves the screen, the camera stops moving. I have no idea if this issue can be addressed, but good luck!
    --- iuvenilis --- [Officer of The Alliance]
    Demonslaying since July 2004

I guess I am too late. I see you have released them. Please PLEase PLEASE give me back my Mouse Look (hold). It's cute that it turns the head but I prefer the turning of the body as I use that a TON. Especially when on autorun/fly.

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

not sure if this is covered elsewhere, if so I can't find it, but I am unable to perform actions via right click anymore. I used to be able to greet and bind to a shrine via right click, now nothing happens (this is on blight). any ideas?
    Last edited by velveeta; June 15th, 2013 at 10:56 PM. Reason: NEVER MIND, GOT HELP IN GAME!!!
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Velveeta. The very last checkbox, under Camera tab, in Options. Uncheck that. That is most likely your issue. If not, double check if your key bindings, has Right click assigned elsewhere.
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

thanx ceg - got the answers I needed to this and other questions in game, from anil and hansel! huzzah to ever helpful blighties!
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Quote Originally Posted by velveeta View Post
    not sure if this is covered elsewhere, if so I can't find it, but I am unable to perform actions via right click anymore. I used to be able to greet and bind to a shrine via right click, now nothing happens (this is on blight). any ideas?
    My answer to the OP. I HATE IT!

Yes I can get used to it as I have a 5 button mouse and can bind 2 more keys to what I want BUT this is very annoying.

I had the same problem as the above quote when I returned to Blight. I have since reset my key bindings with my mouse controller to do what the right mouse used to do.

The worst part I have encountered with it is when I try and click something and my mouse jumps across the screen. WTBH!? Can I just say Ick and be done with it...

Thread Information