Thread: Client 384.92

Default Client 384.92

Greetings Blight Players.

Blight will be updated Friday morning (May 24) with a release candidate that is planned for release on Tuesday's maintenance. Unless there's a major issue to report, this release is going live - so if you've got some time to test on Blight, please let us know of any issues / positive / negative feedback.
    • Support for new series of quests with extra long feedback.
    • Crash fix for terrain loading.
    • Crash fix for moving hotkeys.
    • Allow dragging of disabled hot keys.
    • Abilities that heal now provide feedback to chat channel.
    • Mouse left click-hold look and mouse right click-hold free look / preference to disable in camera options
    • Targeting Commands
      /selectNearestEnemy <optional enemy name> (/sne)
      /selectNearest <optional player name> (/sn)
      /select <optional player or monster name> (/s)
      /selectNearestCorpse <optional enemy name> (/snc)
      /selectNearestResource <optional resource name> (/snr)
      Running any of the !SelectNearest commands will select the nearest entity other than the currently selected.
      The name parameter can be even a single letter. "/sne wild" would select the nearest Wild Grulet.

The big change with this update are the camera changes. Left click and hold will look around, while right click hold will free look around your character.

We know this is a big deal, so please give it a try and let us know.

With any update to Blight, it’s very important to let us know of any issues. If there’s anything you’d like to report:
    Please submit a support ticket at https://support.istaria.com under the department “Community Relations - Testing”.

As always, we appreciate you playing on Blight and hope that you find all the changes as exciting as well do.

Istaria Developers
    Last edited by Yfelvik; May 25th, 2013 at 03:52 AM. Reason: list formatting

Default Re: Client 384.92

Did a lil testing, the Mouse Left click Hold look option only seems to work if you DO NOT have anything selected. If something is targeted then doesn't work. Don't know If that's way supposed to work or not.

The /SelectNearestResource command does not work. Would love to see this one working.

Smaug

I just did full scan and patch om my blight character and find that I do not have Client 384.92, but rather the fpswindow shows 384.91 dated 20 May which I received couple days prior to 24 May. The 384.91 client of 20 may does have the mouse changes but not the select nearest resource function. Thus it would seem that the 384.92 client was not pushed to Blight on 24 May nor has it been thus far today.

Note 384.91 Patch Notes dated 20 May: http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...l=1#post290086

Knossos
    Last edited by Knossos; May 25th, 2013 at 09:30 PM.

There was an issue with the assets released with the latest client update 384.92. The proper assets were rolled out earlier this evening, and the launcher will detect and patch. If you're unsure, or want to force a full scan patch, please see the following knowledge base article:

https://support.istaria.com/index.ph...ode=view&id=38

Did a lil testing, the Mouse Left click Hold look option only seems to work if you DO NOT have anything selected. If something is targeted then doesn't work. Don't know If that's way supposed to work or not
    also if the mouse goes over a UI window ( even if the mouse pointer is visible or not ) Mouse Left click Hold look will not work
    Chromos - 100 Ancient Lunus, 100 DragonCrafter,100 Lairshaper
    Titles - Expert DragonCrafter - Expert Lairshaper

also there is a bug that crashes the client when teleporting through a gate or recalling, this appears to be a random occurance
    Chromos - 100 Ancient Lunus, 100 DragonCrafter,100 Lairshaper
    Titles - Expert DragonCrafter - Expert Lairshaper

The Camera controls. Getting used to it, seems natural so far. I might be used to it from some other game. Haven't had the issues with cursor over a window, waiting to pass judgement. As long as it can be disabled, should be fine for people not used to it.

I can see wanting to use the old system, if people keep an inventory window open all the time (like I do). Since the same left click for steering also handles selecting and picking up/moving items. Also, theres no right click context menu now, like to see "Browse storage". Double-clicking is taking its place I take it? What about right clicking NPC's for greet/trade options? (Can't recall if this works or not).

The new client freezes a lot more often during porting / recalling then it did before.
    Terao (Gnome, Grand Master Crafter, Order [Unity])|Draigourn (Ancient, Master Lairshaper, Lunus, Order)|Echentrial (Ancient, Lunus, Order)

It seems to me that I get lot of freezes when the world cache is empty and it have to laod a lot of terrain informations. After I played now for a while and did a lot of portings and the world cache is filled again it doesn't freeze that often anymore.
    Terao (Gnome, Grand Master Crafter, Order [Unity])|Draigourn (Ancient, Master Lairshaper, Lunus, Order)|Echentrial (Ancient, Lunus, Order)

I pay two subs, and sometimes I can't login a second character, I always get the error message: ID #62 ....account has exceeded its number of simultanous connections... and as it's now again I can't login my second character for several hours, that's very annoying to me!

1. /SelectNearestResource says its not a command or macro, as does /snr
    2. The camera changes are really, really annoying.
    A) The default you have them set at are the opposite of how I've played in every other game and how I had my mouse configured in this game up to this point. That means I am constantly free-looking as I try to use the mouse to steer. At the very minimum, a way to reverse this needs to be put in place.
    B) The options for using a keybinding for mouselook (hold), mouselook (toggle), free look (hold), and free look (toggle) do nothing currently, but are still in the list. These should be removed when this change goes live (replace it with a checkbox to reverse the features' mouse-key?)
    C) When you use the left-click to try to change position, if you happen to click on a selectable item, even when its out of sight over a hill, the item is selected and you don't turn.
    D) When you have an object selected, the turn using the left-mouse-button doesn't work.
    E) When you have the mouse over a UI element, using the left-mouse-button doesn't work regardless of whether you are over a selectable/actionable UI element or over un-selectable/un-actionable background for the UI element (even when set to 100% tranparent/0% opaque.
    Exploring is a necessary skill, and its not like death is fatal. At least, not for the gifted.

Thread Information