Thread: Crafting Technique (the non-scribeable kind)?

Default Crafting Technique (the non-scribeable kind)?

I see a lot of players work on their crafting around the Sandstone Quarry/Nuthala and level quite rapidly. Is there some kind of trick to this? I know that Nuthala has a plot where there is both a stoneworking and scholar shop, and it's right near the sandstone nodes, but what about the golems? Don't they attack you? Even if you're around level 20 in adventure, they're still level 18 and can do a fair bit of damage - and there are lots of them.

Default Re: Crafting Technique (the non-scribeable kind)?

Typically the process to level crafting is to simply make and de-construct the item with the highest requirement that you are optimal at. I would have thought New Trismus to be the easiest place to level up most T1 schools as there are no mobs near the resources. As soon as you can, get a hold of a cargo disk and as you level up, you can wear cargo gear too. The wikia has a pretty decent guide which might help. Good luck!
    --- iuvenilis --- [Officer of The Alliance]
    Demonslaying since July 2004

Depending upon your server, assuming you are Chaos, and what you are leveling, there are ideal spots to go to.

As hallucin8 mentioned, you will want to keep up on your tools, gear, and bulk capacity (including backpacks and cargo disks).

If you're doing stone, the ideal areas are as follows:
    T1 - NT, imperial machines
    T2 - south of Mahagra at Snowfall, plots with shops
    T3 - Drift Point, plots and mother lode granite
    T4 - south of Dralk, imperial machines
    T5 - Tricky, if a Dragon, you can use the nodes outside Eastern Outpost or use Marble Quarry. Both have biped plots near them.

I list stone as it is the material I pursued on my dragon with triple tech V scales. I leveled off refining bricks and crafting and deconstructing head and hindleg strength scales.
    rip

Dead golems can be mined for resources too, but they do not usually come onto player property unless enticed there (e.g., by kiting). Also, if there are silos open to the public close by the shop, you can fill the silo with the semi-finished resource for make/decon of final items once it's full. If you see someone leveling quite rapidly, chances are they are processing a silo full of materials that they stored up. When doing that, I just keep the silo window open and drag from it to refill my disk as I work.

Thanks for all of the information guys, I'll try putting it to use later on. c:

Thread Information