Thread: Gem-tipped Dragon Claws

Default Gem-tipped Dragon Claws

I need to know which mob/s drop the Formula for the "Gem-tipped Dragon Claws" so I can make myself some new claws. I have no idea what drops these and I don't think farming semi-intelligent mobs at random would help,so can anyone assist me in this?

Default Re: Gem-tipped Dragon Claws

Semi-intelligent mobs like those situated around the Lake of Tears, the Agh'kuk Warriors and Gatherers may drop the form you seek. Any mob which drops forms or techs, can drop any that have a chance to drop ie. those purchased from trainers will never drop. There's not much else in the way of semi-intelligent mobs at T1, so that's pretty much it. Different mobs won't drop different types of forms, it's all random and they can drop just about any.
    --- iuvenilis --- [Officer of The Alliance]
    Demonslaying since July 2004

Thanks for that. I thought that specific mobs dropped specific formulas somehow. The whole drop system I've never fully understood til now.

Different categories of monsters drop specific classes of loot. So, as hallucin8 said formulas drop from Semi-Intelligents (Skulks, Ogres, Pygmies, etc), Undead and Chests. Formulas are considered rare loot, however, so you will only get them from monsters in the "upper-half" of a Tier (so level 11-20 for T1, 31-40 for T2, etc). Also, formulas are split between those in the "lower-half" of the Skill range and those in the "upper-half". So, for example, Formulas that can be scribed by players that are generally T1 will be on T1 monsters, while those which generally required players to be T2 will drop from T2 monsters. Hope that makes sense.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

It does,thanks for the explanation. But shouldn't this be on the Mainpage of Istaria or somewhere like that? As a new player,this is all new to me,and I would have found it extremely helpful,if I had this information available to me from the start,as well as some kind of list I could refer to,on what mobs I need to farm in the correct tier,and in the "upper-half" of said tier to get what I need,as I did ask this question in another thread,and the responses I got I found confusing to say the least,as one players referred this formula as "unfarmable" as it dropped from mobs of a higher level than I could handle,which I found odd to say the least,as I assumed that it would be hard,but not impossible to farm,which threw me off somewhat.as I assumed that the mobs that dropped it I would be able to handle,as it's a beginner crafting formula,not anything extra-special.

I find it hard to remember what drops what en what mob falls in which category.
    So if you say: Semi-Intelligents (Skulks, Ogres, Pygmies, etc) which mobs are meant by the "etc"?

Can we get a sticky thread with who drops what?

Is it possible to differentiate a bit with which mob drops what form? Since there are huge differences in the amount of different forms for different schools. Finding a specific form is maybe equally hard but finding one of the three confectioner forms while there are so much outfitter / blacksmith ones around is really really hard.
    For example, knowing there is a greater chance to find a confectioner form on skulks than on ogres would be helpful.

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigi View Post
    I find it hard to remember what drops what en what mob falls in which category.
    So if you say: Semi-Intelligents (Skulks, Ogres, Pygmies, etc) which mobs are meant by the "etc"?

Can we get a sticky thread with who drops what?

Is it possible to differentiate a bit with which mob drops what form? Since there are huge differences in the amount of different forms for different schools. Finding a specific form is maybe equally hard but finding one of the three confectioner forms while there are so much outfitter / blacksmith ones around is really really hard.

For example, knowing there is a greater chance to find a confectioner form on skulks than on ogres would be helpful.
    My reading of whats been said there is no greater chance of one mob over another (skulks versus ogres) dropping a particular form. Its random and equally easy/hard (however you look at it) to find on one or the other as long as your hunting the correct lvl (only the upper half of a tier drops forms) of a mob. It may not seem like so though when your looking for a particular form.

I spent 3 days hunting pygmys/ogres for primal alacrity expert form, finally getting it along with primal attack, I killed hundreds, collected over 200 beatstick tokens along the way.

Smaug

I'm glad that this was clarified as the answer I got in my other question was as follows "The next claw after lv19 you'll need is t2 and at lv25. and being as formulae are so nice to drop from everything you usually can't fight, you'll need to brawl either: Ish'kuks or Sal'guks (both on top of Abandoned Island and Scorpion Island), or a few varieties of skulks in skulk villages drop it too.

ish'kuks and sla'guks are best, being as only afew types of skulk drop it "
    Which seems not to be the case,based on the information I'm reading here,which makes me reassured as I was doubting the logic of putting a beginner crafting formula on mobs that you can't handle at that point,or I couldn't anyways,as it defeats the purpose,as by the time it drops,if you have to kill as many as Smaug did,I imagine you'd be able to use something better.

Quote Originally Posted by Smaug View Post
    My reading of whats been said there is no greater chance of one mob over another (skulks versus ogres) dropping a particular form. Its random and equally easy/hard (however you look at it) to find on one or the other as long as your hunting the correct lvl (only the upper half of a tier drops forms) of a mob. It may not seem like so though when your looking for a particular form.

I spent 3 days hunting pygmys/ogres for primal alacrity expert form, finally getting it along with primal attack, I killed hundreds, collected over 200 beatstick tokens along the way.

Smaug
    That's my reading too and exactly what I don't really like about it.
    On the one hand it makes it easy because you just pick the mob you find easiest and start slaughtering. oh boy, what fun!
    On the other hand I would have prefered it more differentiated, like kill ogres for spell forms, kill pygmies for armor forms etc. or as a variation if you are looking for spell forms ogres give a 60% chance, pygmies 20%.
    I admire people who have the stamina to keep on going and going and going until that one form drops.

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

I would prefer it another way also but have to deal with whats dealt ya.

Smaug

Quote Originally Posted by Sigi View Post
    That's my reading too and exactly what I don't really like about it.
    On the one hand it makes it easy because you just pick the mob you find easiest and start slaughtering. oh boy, what fun!
    On the other hand I would have prefered it more differentiated, like kill ogres for spell forms, kill pygmies for armor forms etc. or as a variation if you are looking for spell forms ogres give a 60% chance, pygmies 20%.
    I admire people who have the stamina to keep on going and going and going until that one form drops.
    This quote deserves to be in the suggestions section

I would say it defies common sense to have people hunt for abilities they need through mobs that drop every spell and tech of that level. I'm still hunting for Primal spells that I need which as I said defies common sense,as you'd think that those abilities should be at least available for the trainers. For example I've spent hours on end,for days farming for both Primal Attack and Primal Cure Poison,the second of which I'd find very useful,if my information is accurate,as I get Damage over time attacks on me frequently. That dragons in general don't reach their hatchlings basic abilities like these,defies all logic and common sense.
    I don't like asking for these,as in other MMO's I've played that's called "begging" and generally frowned upon,and I never see that many people active anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Honeth View Post
    I would say it defies common sense to have people hunt for abilities they need through mobs that drop every spell and tech of that level. I'm still hunting for Primal spells that I need which as I said defies common sense,as you'd think that those abilities should be at least available for the trainers. For example I've spent hours on end,for days farming for both Primal Attack and Primal Cure Poison,the second of which I'd find very useful,if my information is accurate,as I get Damage over time attacks on me frequently. That dragons in general don't reach their hatchlings basic abilities like these,defies all logic and common sense.
    I don't like asking for these,as in other MMO's I've played that's called "begging" and generally frowned upon,and I never see that many people active anyways.
    Primal Cure Poison is sold on a vendor so its no wonder you haven't been able to find it by looting.

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Same issue. which mods drop the JM gem-tipped dragon claws? not lesser gem tipped, but regular? I`ve been hunting flame/fire ogres/pygmies, Ice ogre/pygmies, but no luck mostly hoard. O.o
    also tried ash,flame, and fire blights, as well as ice blights. beginning to think claw forms are only dropped off skelles, and such D:
    Last edited by Darkwing_Duck; June 6th, 2013 at 04:14 PM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by Darkwing_Duck View Post
    Same issue. which mods drop the JM gem-tipped dragon claws? not lesser gem tipped, but regular? I`ve been hunting flame/fire ogres/pygmies, Ice ogre/pygmies, but no luck mostly hoard. O.o
    also tried ash,flame, and fire blights, as well as ice blights. beginning to think claw forms are only dropped off skelles, and such D:
    Same with all other formulas claw formulas drop from semi-intelligents (ogre, skulk, werewolf, etc), undead (skeletons, zombies, ghosts, wraiths, etc) and chests. Upper half of the Tier monsters all have a chance to drop rares (which includes formulas) or any named mobs in the Tier. In addition, formulas are split between tiers so those with lower skill requirements drop from the lower tier, higher skill from higher tier. i.e. lower beginner forms from T1, higher from T2. Lower Journeyman from T3, higher from T4.

If any of you are on Order, give me a PM, (or either of my Dragons). I have two of the forms in storage.

Thread Information