Thread: Disappearing Slate

Default Disappearing Slate

Usually I do all my mining of slate on Abandoned Island as it's close to a stoneworking place,and there's nothing there that's hostile so I can work in peace. However recently I've been finding that there's no slate near to the Stoneworker,only clay deposits,which is a bit strange when I'm the only one on the island at the time. Has it been moved away from this location,or is this related to some other issue?

Default Re: Disappearing Slate

There are two places slate spawns on Abandoned. On the "front" of the island, near the cutter, and on the "back" of the island. Take the Southern road around to the far side of the island and you'll find a field of slate with no machines. It's a pretty royal pain, but I believe the road and field are still unguarded other than some wisps and sheep, though it has been some time since I've worked slate out there.
    SiLang Drag 100, Dcra 100, Dlsh 100 100M Hoard Ancient Dragon of Flight of the Order Shard
    Parcasta Storm Disciple 44, ARM 88, BLK 100, CRP 25, ENC 23, FIT 88, GTH 80, JWL 40, MIN 80, MSN 82, OUT 100, SCH 100, TLR 10, WPN 88, WVR 21

Which is my point,as lately I've been using the front slate very heavily,as I go there for quests anyways,so it made sense to load my cargo disk with the bricks,detach it,and pick it up when I was done with the mobs I needed to kill. I'd have at least thought a heads-up in the patch notes that it was being shifted,if that was the case,would be common courtesy,as you said the back lodes are a pretty royal pain to mine from,and transport it back.

As far back as I can remember this has always been the case on Abandoned Island and the reason I gave it up long ago for either Snowfall (Outside Mahagra) or Slate Hills. The former is mob-free with a nearby plot hosting shops, silos, and a vault. As to the latter, not sure if there are any nearby plots, but there are Slate Golems there...depending on level that are simply ignored or a pest.

On a side-note - never did understand or ever got a good reason why linked fields are so very distant from one another - much like the silk fields north of Last Sand and the other south of Old Oaks?? (Town south of Mithril's Anvil) - two very distant but linked spawn fields.
    Spirit Brothers
    Aaelefein - Foremost a Grand Master Crafter, also a Paladin/Healer/Druid/Mage/Spiritist
    Treyvan - Adult Dragon 100A/100DC/100LS/95CS
    Skandrannon - Growing and Expert Dragon Crafter

I'd like to know that as well,as it turns crafting into a issue that could be avoided if the fields were closer together,if the fields were closer together..

Thread Information