Thread: Brand New, looking for a fun group of people.

Default Brand New, looking for a fun group of people.

Hey everyone, I am brand new to Istaria. Is there any guilds or groups of people out there that are active?

I want to be able to play with others, because leveling an be so slow and dull alone.

I havent exactly got started yet, so any server will do.

Which is also a question I had, what server to you all recommend? I want at least a semi active one.

Anyway, I am nice and respectful, can't wait to see everyone in game

Default Re: Brand New, looking for a fun group of people.

I'm fairly new, as well, having only been in-game a bit over a month. From what I've seen/heard, choice of shard should also take into account your desire to Role Play; Order would be the shard if you want to do more RP, while Chaos would be a better fit if RP isn't an issue for you. I've never used the Chaos shard, so can't speak to the helpfulness of its population; while Order has a smaller population, I can vouch for those players being exceedingly helpful and patient, even with hatchlings with endless questions! (I'm quite sure that Chaos has equally helpful players, just based on what I've seen here in the Forum)

On Order, I know of several Guilds which seem to be quite active. I was invited into a friendly Guild (Dragoons Den) and found what I consider a perfect situation: older, more experienced players who were more than willing to assist and answer my endless questions, and were also more than happy to allow me to do things myself. There doesn't seem to be a *lot* of chat going on in the Dragon channel, but, I've usually received a quick reply when I've asked questions there.

Wherever you decide to start your character, hope you have as much fun as I've had, this past month, and, if you do come to Order, be sure to say hi!

Welcome to Istaria!

As Tondargaet has stated, it's more whether you want Roleplay or not. I believe Chaos is slightly more active than Order but both are pretty good. I've rarely been on Order simply because we had a shard merge years ago and most of my friends went on Chaos. Either way you'll find we're all pretty friendly and helpful and you'll get to know people on both servers anyway if you post on here I'd definitely recommend getting into a guild. Also in game press "p" (think this is the default) to bring up your friends list and add in anyone who you come across and find helpful or just want to group with again - you'll soon end up with a list a mile long!
    Shadria: Hatchling 22/24/0 - Intorqueo: Hatchling 5/3/0 - Affina: Saris - Pevil: Ancient Lunus 100/100/57 - Zordraak: Hatchling 5/3/0

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pevil2000 View Post
    Welcome to Istaria!

As Tondargaet has stated, it's more whether you want Roleplay or not. I believe Chaos is slightly more active than Order but both are pretty good. I've rarely been on Order simply because we had a shard merge years ago and most of my friends went on Chaos. Either way you'll find we're all pretty friendly and helpful and you'll get to know people on both servers anyway if you post on here I'd definitely recommend getting into a guild. Also in game press "p" (think this is the default) to bring up your friends list and add in anyone who you come across and find helpful or just want to group with again - you'll soon end up with a list a mile long!
    yes i myself am a former player of chaos and i quite enjoy remembering what things were like chaos is a great shard most of my friends are there

Wow, thanks for responding everyone.

I went ahead and started on Chaos. I dont have a lot of experience with RP, so I figured Chaos might be better.

Seems like a friendly laid back game so far, which I enjoy. I haven;t ran into too many people yet, but that is okay as I am still getting my bearings.
    But I am more than open to join a guild if anyone has any suggestions on guilds on Chaos.

Maybe I will make a character on Order and see you one day Tondargaet

Blog Entries

regicide is a great guild some of my friends are in that guild but i heard that other guilds are good too and i hope you enjoy talking to my friends on chaos i hope to one day see you

Hello, Asyndeton!

First of all, welcome to Istaria! I'm glad to see yet another friendly person join the game.

If you need any help in game, you can find me under the name "AngelofDeathXx" or you can ask anyone in the guild Regicide for help, we will help where we can!

Have an awesome time playing and exploring Istaria!

Blog Entries

lol i just said that *pokes last post by me*

*serves asyndeton a container full of klava presented with a towel and a curtsy*
    welcome home! :-)

Whichever server you join, don't be shy about saying "Hi!"

Just made a return to Istaria, I love Role play and making new friends, if you are on the Order shard, look me up, huge green thing, named Zarkela.
    Zarkela - Green Dragoness - Helian

Thread Information