Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Talk to the Team: Stuns

Default Re: Talk to the Team: Stuns

Quote Originally Posted by Northwind View Post
    Bit late here, but Bind weapons ability used by Bloodskulk Spearfishers was looked at?
    It acts like a stun if i recall correctly (by preventing the target to act in any way, except moving) and Spearfishers are very social. So it is not uncommon to be attacked by more than 4 of them which gives little to no chance to survive while binded. Dragons have the opportunity to fly out of the combat, but bipeds don't have this luxury
    Unfortunately the ability they use is the actual one also used by the Spearman school so I can't just alter it. But I'll look into what can be done with it.

A little off topic but is there any ETA on when this blight patch is going to live

No ETAs.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

I found the Blight Crabs today and noticed that they do an annoying stun which gets used far more than it should. It lasts 1:20 to 1:30, much like the murk crabs. I didn't notice the Blight Crabs mentioned on the patch notes for Blight with the other fixes to stuns. Given that the crabs stun is so long and difficult to dispel, they've got plenty of time to kill you without you being able to heal or do anything. Is this going to be addressed with the other stuns as well?

You see an Ice Wall Corner, I see a Tardis.
    "

"Pen Pineapple Apple Pen"

Well if Daknor is the whole reason Clarity was introduced, might there be a way to give a Daknor-specific spell to deal with his perma-stun? A spell to reduce the chances of getting stunned perhaps or even to temporarily dispel his perma-stun buff? Something along the lines of Primal Boon for dealing with Reklar? I don't mind most of the stuns that are in-game as they are, gotten used to dealing with the nasties that do stun badly and have my own strategies for dealing with them (mainly that you take on one or two at a time far away from potential swarms) but I'm definitely not opposed to less chance of dying without the chance to act. I've only ever even seen Clarity used for a Greater Anchor fight and a Daknor hunt, otherwise everything else can be dealt with so no complaints from me about Clarity.

Istara's Chosen Guildmaster
    Experienced Hunter, Healer, and Grand Master Crafter

FYI, the majority of stuns/mezzes have either been changed or removed from mobs since this discussion mid-last year. You'd have to check the patch notes for the exact detail. Side note, I'd prefer any buffs required to attack boss/epic mobs to be like the queen heart rather than primal boon. Primal boon effectively takes a group member out of combat due to its extremely short duration... Not very fun for that poor soul.
    --- iuvenilis --- [Officer of The Alliance]
    Demonslaying since July 2004

ran a test near greater anchor. 1 and 1/2 years later the mobs there still stun repeatedly. and now on top of it, they have a larger social range. since now they can call the mobs from all the way over to forward encampment. Still need to test other area's to see what else was missed

Quote Originally Posted by Malicore View Post
    ran a test near greater anchor. 1 and 1/2 years later the mobs there still stun repeatedly. and now on top of it, they have a larger social range. since now they can call the mobs from all the way over to forward encampment. Still need to test other area's to see what else was missed
    The greater anchors can spawn so many monsters of various types. If you look at your combat log, can you tell which in particular are causing the stuns? Also, I assume you mean the Greater Anchor outside of Delgarath cause regular anchor spawns can now have a Greater amongst them (that is different than the Delgarath one).

I'm betting its the Corrupted Shades, they get Stunner 3 (a wizard ability with a 30 second recycle and 12 second non-dispellable duration).
    Last edited by AmonGwareth; September 6th, 2014 at 11:04 AM.

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

yes, I was referring to Greater Anchor in Delgarath. And it was the Shades pulling mobs from forward encampment, and also stunning my alt

I've removed Stunner 3 from the Corrupted Shadows (and Defiled and Ruined as a result) for the next patch. They have no need for it, they get lots of other Wizard abilities.

Like Chain Lightning? :p
    Dragon Scroll; BLIGHT~Anam, Ahleah; CHAOS~Veruliyam, Ceruliyan, Jaguarundi, Spinel, Ssussurrouss, Chon; ORDER~Aucapoma, Susurrus

Quote Originally Posted by Veruliyam View Post
    Like Chain Lightning? :p
    No, none of the monsters that spawn from the Greater Anchor in Delgarath get Chain Lightning.

Thread Information