Thread: Wheres the bloodflies?

Default Wheres the bloodflies?

Per Blight Delta 242: Bloodflies will once again appear in the Western Deadlands.

I see the bloodflies in their new location on Blight server, but when will they start showing up on Chaos (probably Order too)?

The wings are for T4 techs: Spirit, Two-hand crush, scalecraft, Energy Ward, Slash Resistance and Concentrated.
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

Default Re: Wheres the bloodflies?

I think the server needs another restart. With buffs not working, nor crafting and I noticed Valkor wasn't spawning, I suspect a reboot is in need.
    --- iuvenilis --- [Officer of The Alliance]
    Demonslaying since July 2004

No, its another issue. These haven't spawned since the Spring Update. They revamped WDL, moving lower level mobs on the southern end, mixtures in central and higher levels at northern edge. The blood fly (Lvl 76-79) used to be by an aegregor near the tower (where the lower levels now spawn).

I suspect during the revamp, they were forgotten about, hence why the very next blight update, it says "Blood Fly will now once again appear". I think they just stuck them on Blight on the northern edge, which I can find at 20657, 27076 (NE corner on road). But this doesn't address Chaos/Order.

What I'm really asking, is are we going to have to wait until the next major patch to see them on Chaos?

The intention here is that once we get some people testing to make sure there is nothing with Blight Delta 242 that causes more problems then it fixes, we'll be taking that delta to live. So right now our intention is to not make you wait for a major content update for the current delta on Blight to go live.

K, good to hear

Is there any chance to add more than 1 blood fly? That's gonna be tedious hunting for comps. Or speed up the respawn. Or can you confirm there is more than one? I haven't found any more after an exhaustive search of WDL.

I found bloodflies coming in from the northern entrance to western deadlands last night with my hatchling alt on Order. Don't have a toon high enough for that area on Chaos to take a look so don't know if this is an individual server spawn problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracaena View Post
    I found bloodflies coming in from the northern entrance to western deadlands last night with my hatchling alt on Order. Don't have a toon high enough for that area on Chaos to take a look so don't know if this is an individual server spawn problem.
    Yeah, the northern entrance is the only bloodfly I ever found - 207271. And only see one spawning at a time. Chaos and Order should be in synch, If you find some other locations on any server, please do tell.

There are up to five. However, they are a linked spawn to the Tarantulas. Kill the Tarantulas and you will get more opportunities to spawn Bloodflies.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

I was finding more than a single bloodfly but I was also hitting some tarantulas in hopes of comps. I wasn't looking for bloodflies at the time so didn't actively chase them down though they still found me.

Ahh, excellent. Thanks both for the replies.

Thread Information