Thread: Still a problem with Chaos...

Default Still a problem with Chaos...

Theres still a problem on Chaos. I removed 16 adamantium metal nuggets from one of my gh and they showed removed from the gh but never showed up in my inventory.

I went hunting and killed several scorpions and opening bodies to loot showed loot on them. When I did loot all the loot disappeared off the bodies but never showed up in my inventory.

I'll try to submit a ticket

Smaug

Default Re: Still a problem with Chaos...

I have an issue where i can gather mats but when i craft them into bricks/bars i get the xp but the stuff disappears i will submit a ticket too

None of the wisps are spawning on Chaos. I put a ticket in and Lady V said it would not be fixed until next week's maintenance. This is completely unacceptable. This is one of the main 5 spawns for crafters in the game and they want to wait a WEEK to fix it? Every week there is another mob that doesn't spawn and we have been patient for them to fix it at the next cycle. NO other game does this out there, if there are problems this major, they do an emergency patch. Please, fellow Istarians, help me in petitioning the dev's to fix this problem and be MORE prompt with fixing issues in the future. It is not fair that we pay $15 a month for a broken game and get no service when the problems arise. We don't get refunded money for having less than a fulling operational game, we just want it fixed.
    Last edited by Velea; June 13th, 2013 at 01:28 AM.

I certainly feel your pain Goth, but I don't think they have a fix for it yet. When 'they' say it has to wait until maint next week, it's because the only way they know how to temporarily fix it, is to simply restart the servers. I don't know how we'd all feel if they had to restart the servers multiple times each week, given it takes a few hours I think. I'm confident in thinking, if they had a permanent fix, it would be here already; emergency patch or otherwise. If there were anything I could do to speed up the process of finding and fixing the issue, I'd be all over that!
    --- iuvenilis --- [Officer of The Alliance]
    Demonslaying since July 2004

I got word from our system admin tonight after coming home that he will be restarting Chaos later this evening, but is waiting until late tonight (his time) so as to cause the least amount of player distress. There are a few still having minor problems, and of course the restart should bring back the wisps as well.

As hallucin8 indicated, if we knew how to fix it some other way than to restart the server, believe me, we would. Unfortunately, we don't, but we are doing our best to try and track this issue and figure out why it happens. And while I'm sure that from a player's point of view it is difficult to believe, we have made changes and improvements that have cleared up some of what causes this problem. We just haven't fixed it yet. Every game has bugs, it is the nature of the beast. This particular one just is particularly annoying because sometimes it causes bigger issues than others. But in the interests of full transparency here, we all wish this bug were something we could have had fixed long ago.

My issue isn't that there is bugs, as we all know it happens when new content is added. My issue are 1) why does stuff disappear upon server restart when NO patch is implemented and 2) Why does it take so long to find a resolution to the problem. We all pay a premium to pay this game (more than the average MMO). I believe with that premium, we should be entitled to have more than on person capable of solving these kind of problems. The issue appears to be the company's unwillingness to pay for more or proper support staff. I system admin guy for this game is not enough, you need to hire more or train more people to be able to address these issues IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Gotharic View Post
    My issue isn't that there is bugs, as we all know it happens when new content is added. My issue are 1) why does stuff disappear upon server restart when NO patch is implemented and 2) Why does it take so long to find a resolution to the problem. We all pay a premium to pay this game (more than the average MMO). I believe with that premium, we should be entitled to have more than on person capable of solving these kind of problems. The issue appears to be the company's unwillingness to pay for more or proper support staff. I system admin guy for this game is not enough, you need to hire more or train more people to be able to address these issues IMHO.
    You have to realize Istaria is a very small game sub wise. Its also based on very old code that they have to be careful making changes to. They don't have the money to do a complete retooling of the game. They don't have the budget most of the big boys have. I'm sure they would love to hire more people and upgrade to better equipment etc if they could. To tell you the truth its a wonder we get the updates and things added as we do.

Yes the restarts and problems like missing spawns and storage not opening at times and other bugs are a pain. Im sure nobody wishes these things didnt happen any more then the devs. If you love the game as most of us old timers do, of course doesn't mean we like it (the problems) but we enjoy the game enough to put up with it.

My respect and thanks to all the devs for the hard work they do. I myself let my frustrations get the better of me sometimes (like the master scroll thing) and I apologize if I cross a line now and then, its only cause I do enjoy Istaria and will continue playing as long as the lights are still on.

Smaug

Good words Smaug!

I agree wholeheartedly to all and everything you wrote in this post!

(though I respect and understand your feelings, Goth)
    Last edited by LOVWYRM; June 13th, 2013 at 01:17 PM.
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Default Issues on Chaos

Can't open silos on my plot in Apia.....anyone else having issues with silos? It is not all silos, only the ones that have content in them. I attempted to relog and not I am unable to relog back into the game, getting error message 109. Ticket submitted.....getting really sick of all of the issues with this game........never had this much issues in the 10 years I have played as I have in the last 3 months.

Gotharic of Chaos
    Last edited by Gotharic; June 13th, 2013 at 09:51 PM.

Default New error on login to chaos - Error ID: 109

I'm receiving the following error message. I posted a ticket.

Transport Error
    Error ID:109
    An error occured while thawing the requested biote. Please wait a few minutes and try again. If you are still unable to connect, please open a case at https://support.istaria.com

Default Re: New error on login to chaos - Error ID: 109

I'm getting the same Error - Error id : 109
    Dacurly Dac : Phoenix Fellowship Guild : Chaos Server
    http://phoenixfellowship.clanz.co/

Default Re: Issues on Chaos

Looks like they're doing a reboot of Chaos now.

Smaug

Default Re: New error on login to chaos - Error ID: 109

Just got booted. Chaos is offline.
    rip

Lets do a lottery...what r they gonna screw up next!!!! My guess is mob loot won't drop.....

Don't get me wrong, I love this game as much as I did when I started playing it in 2004. Just getting frustrated as the issues all seem to be compounding as of late, which is affecting our player base and the draw of new players to the game. I understand that Istaria is a low budget, old game. However that does not excuse them from everything.......as a business, they should be looking at ways to improve, however I am getting the sense that this is not happening. All that appears to be happening is putting on bandaids over a leaky barrel. Once you plug one hole, another leak happens. Perhaps it is time to change the barrel????

2nd restart today, 4th downtime this week. What is going on with the server, or rather what was screwed up when they messed with the hardware Wednesday morning?

-Edit-
    And great, the estimated time to completion just got extended by an hour.
    Last edited by Cilok; June 13th, 2013 at 10:52 PM.

So, you can only edit a post once? I'm not seeing an edit button on my previous post, at least right now.

Restart time extended another hour, this is rather ridiculous the amount of downtime this week. Hopefully we can get a break and have the regular maint this coming Tuesday skipped for Chaos, since we've been down 4 times in 3 days.

You have a certain amount of time to edit a post. Something like 30 minutes or maybe an hour. After that cannot be edited by you anymore.

Smaug

Ahh, first forum I've posted in that had a feature like that (granted, this is only my 4th forum I've ever posted in). Thanks for clearing that up.

-Edit-
    Server's back up!
    Last edited by Cilok; June 14th, 2013 at 01:43 AM.

After 7pm reset, missing from the game are the following mobs on Chaos:

At Guild: Papa:

1) Oak Treants
    2) Enraged Oak Treants
    3) Glowing Wisps
    4) Enraged Glowing Wisps

Gotharic of Chaos

Thread Information