Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Greetings! :)

Default Greetings! :)

Heya peeps of Istaria. I be Cormyr, a 35 year old husband, and father of an awesome 2 year old boy. Just created a character last night and so far I am liking the game. Camera control takes some getting used to of course, especially since this is my first MMORPG in some time. And yeah graphics are horrid for current times. The world seems to be barren, needs more vegetation in general. But I can ignore that stuff for good game play, crafting, interface etc.. Once I get good at camera control, game play will be a bit better and it will be more fun to kill stuffs etc.. I like how laid back the game is, everything is relaxing, instead of super intense and stressful. I like that.

As a father I have very limited time to play, I will be on most in the late evening (I am in Mexico city currently, but I am Canadian). If I am playing with someone, and I disappear, please understand. My kid probably woke up or something and due to our situation here, the computer I use is in our room where my son sleeps like 5 feet away. So even typing can be difficult, so again, if I am playing with someone, I may not say much. Just do not take offense. Also, internet in Mexico is horrible... it disconnects daily.

So ATM I have a lvl 4 human warrior. I will play a bit to see if I want to continue playing this game and spend some money. I have like 20 years of gaming experience and know what I am looking for. So far I like what I see in the community and in the game. Also, from what I can tell, the devs seem to be a good team, who are willing to listen to their community. This is important to me and I think it should be for any dev team.

Anyways, other than servers being down for my 2nd day, so far so good!

Default Re: Greetings! :)

Welcome to Istaria, Cormyr. Hope you enjoy your time here. Not sure if you play on Order or Chaos, but either way, someone will be able to help should you need it. Good luck on your adventures here!
    Her Purpliness of Chaos, Kyala
    Big Goldy of Chaos, Orlaith
    Little hatchling of Order, Kaleith

Welcome to Istaria, Cormyr. Hope you enjoy your time here. Not sure if you play on Order or Chaos, but either way, someone will be able to help should you need it. Good luck on your adventures here!
    oh right! currently on Chaos. I figured RP would need too much typing so decided Order would not work for me.

Not a bother Plenty of others peds on there who will give you some good pointers. I won't be all that helpful as my knowledge on them is limited. But other then that, feel free to contact me on any general topics.

Shall do! And tanx! Just watch your step around me eh!? :P

*Chuckles* I shall try, but don't blame me if I don't see you down there~

Blog Entries

just a word of warning stay away from the hasia siblings they slurp even bi-peds and you might see a dragon running around sometime soon or in the future just looking for something to do or just pushing through new trismus and kion cause that would be me
    I am very lucky to know my bonded mate and even luckier still to know i am always on his mind and he on mine for that i am very happy.

I think if I got slurped by some dragon, my wife would have something to say about it... just a word of warning :P

Sshhhh!!

The Hasias are sleeping...

<_<

>_>
    Dragon Scroll; BLIGHT~Anam, Ahleah; CHAOS~Veruliyam, Ceruliyan, Jaguarundi, Spinel, Ssussurrouss, Chon; ORDER~Aucapoma, Susurrus

Blog Entries

lol the hasia siblings slurp anyone whether or not you are married
    I am very lucky to know my bonded mate and even luckier still to know i am always on his mind and he on mine for that i am very happy.

haha a silly bunch. part of why im here

Hello Cormyr, and welcome on Istaria. Feel free to ask here or in game if you need help.

Thanks LungTien. I got a quick question: does anyone have a youtube channel where they post vids from Istaria?

Welcome to the game Cormyr. As a fellow father (of a 10 1/2 month old) I can completely understand your lack of time and frequent need to jump up and leave your computer in a split second. Players in-game have frequently seen me disappear on short notice for the very same reason.

For more vegetation make sure you turn your ground clutter on and extend the draw radius. If you have a good computer you can also push the view distance out quite a bit to give yourself more trees and other objects. If you do find areas that are particularly barren of landscaping even then, please let us know and we'll gladly work to improve it.

Again, welcome, and enjoy the game!
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    Welcome to the game Cormyr. As a fellow father (of a 10 1/2 month old) I can completely understand your lack of time and frequent need to jump up and leave your computer in a split second. Players in-game have frequently seen me disappear on short notice for the very same reason.

For more vegetation make sure you turn your ground clutter on and extend the draw radius. If you have a good computer you can also push the view distance out quite a bit to give yourself more trees and other objects. If you do find areas that are particularly barren of landscaping even then, please let us know and we'll gladly work to improve it.

Again, welcome, and enjoy the game!
    Hey there AmonGwareth,

Thanks for the response! I feel somewhat foolish now haha, I have not looked at the graphics settings in game yet. Unfortunately I am stuck with this dang HP bundle computer with on board graphics.. Once I am back home in Canada (if my wifes sponsorship is accepted anyways...), I will be back on my real computer and be able to max all the settings and experience the game better. For now I will fiddle with the settings, see what can be done.

Glad to hear/read that players with families are at least tolerated here! But I was somewhat expecting that, seemed like a mature player base for the most part. Another reason I chose to try this game.

Thanks again! And good luck with the little one, just wait until he/she is 2.. they dont call it the terrible twos for nothing! phew!

Blog Entries

yeah as for me im likely to pounce on you or most likely lounging when im not working most likely by the silver golems near chiconis or kion or new trismus

Well Im just about to leave the beginning area, so I will find those places as I come to them. Right now, I have no clue lol

Blog Entries

heh new trismus is the next area you get to after the starting areas (spirit isle for bi-peds skalkaar for dragons) kion is the place after that and chiconis is the place after that bristugo is the place after that and i think dalimond or augh then dralk

*serves Cormyr a container full of klava presented with a towel and a curtsy*

Welcome home! :-)

New Trismus is next eh? ok.

awdz, thanks for the drink! had dry mouth, how did ya know? no need for a towel, i got my shirt right here! :P

Thread Information