Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Talk to the Team: Abilities with Long Recycle Times

Default Talk to the Team: Abilities with Long Recycle Times

This is a quick thread, we'd like to ask for your feedback on abilities that have super long recycle times (10 or more minutes). We'd like to adjust them downwards in many cases to make them more usable.

Example: Recent changes to Primal Rebirth, Heroism, etc.

Upcoming changes: Antolathes' Gift, Spell Barrier, Shield of Gold.

So, list them if you can think of any and we'll take a look at them. Thanks!

Default Re: Talk to the Team: Abilities with Long Recycle Times

well assuming the actual effects are not getting changed at all, heroism is a 30 minute recycle with and 0:30 second duration basically makes it not really that useful seeing how its only 2 times per hour and lowered to what?

Spell barrier giving a 200% magic evasion for 30 seconds and a recycle of 10 minuts lowered to what?

Warrior's Heroism duration is actually 1 minute, but yes it's recycle of 30min is very steep. Considering Hero's Resolve is pretty much a copy and everyone can use it provided they have finished the quest line, Heroism is pretty much useless. Comparatively, Berserk's Rage (PS. don't bleep'n touch it!) is 3 min recycle, so I think 5 min for Heroism wouldn't be out of the question.

Naturally all the epic spells and abilities all have 10min recycles, so if they are in-scope for this discussion, please consider those as well (Volcano, Shinning Blades, Burning Archer, Dark Cyclone, Drulkar's Wrath, I think that's it).

Mage's Spell Barrier with recycle 10min and use of only 30secs, as starlight pointed out.
    Monk's Iron Body, 15min recycle and Flow like Water, 10min recycle.
    Spiritist's Allocate Health, 10min recycle.
    Blood Mage's Exsanguinate and Stop Blood, 10min recycle.
    Conjuerer's Summon Flame/Ice Elements, 15min recycle... though I don't know what you could do there... perhaps just make it recycle on death (or 15min, which ever comes first) would be great.
    Flame Disc.' Fire Storm, 10min recycle.
    Guardian's Morning Dew, 30min recycle, admittedly it lasts 15min.
    Healer's Full Heal, if it's still on 15min recycle?
    Ice Disc' Ice Tomb, 10min recycle.
    Knight of Creation's Banish Armor, 10min recycle.
    I think Paladin's Stand against the Darkness may have already been addressed, if not, that too. As well as their Healing Touch, 30min recycle (also, please add some range to it). I think Aura of Light has already been addressed too, but it was 10min recycle.
    Reaver's Evisceration of Life, 10min recycle.
    Spearman's Armor Piecing Attack, 10min recycle.
    Storm Disc' Clap of Thunder, 10min recycle.

By no means is this an exhaustive list; I'm not familiar with any of the monk abilities, so I've probably missed some there. Thanks should go to everyone who's ever contributed to the Wikia or Istaria Reference as most of the details I pinched from there.
    --- iuvenilis --- [Officer of The Alliance]
    Demonslaying since July 2004

Thank you for the replies, I will certainly take a look at them. However, I would ask that you not list abilities that have already been adjusted in current patches (i.e. Heroism, Full Heal, etc).

Epics are not in this discussion, sorry.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by starlight View Post
    well assuming the actual effects are not getting changed at all, heroism is a 30 minute recycle with and 0:30 second duration basically makes it not really that useful seeing how its only 2 times per hour and lowered to what?

Spell barrier giving a 200% magic evasion for 30 seconds and a recycle of 10 minuts lowered to what?
    Both of these are listed in the current patch notes. You can read them here: http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...ght-Update-242

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

So far so good. Thanks. I'll take a look at the wiki.

Had a thought regarding Allocate Health, in addition to the recycle:

• Lower recycle to 120 seconds
    • Make "Allocated Health" (buff) give double-health
    • Make "Allocate Health" (debuff) stackable

Idea here is that lowering the recycle makes it usable more often so you'll want to do that. Making the debuff stackable and you could use as much of your health as you desire helping your friends. Making the buff give double-health makes it more appealing to use. Thoughts?

Here's what I've got so far.

• Monk ability, Iron Body, now recycles every 300 seconds (down from 900) and has an improved description. The Monk’s mental strength also provides a secondary, albeit lesser, boost to Ethereal Armor by 500.
    • Lowered the recycle of the Spearman ability, Armor Piercing Attack, to 120 seconds.
    • Fire Storm (Flame Disciple) now recycles every 120 seconds.
    • Ice Tomb (Ice Disciple) recycles every 120 seconds. Debuff is now named "Entombed".
    • Lowered the recycle of Galewind to 60 seconds.
    • Lowered the recycle of the Guardian ability, Morning Dew, to 60 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post

Idea here is that lowering the recycle makes it usable more often so you'll want to do that. Making the debuff stackable and you could use as much of your health as you desire helping your friends. Making the buff give double-health makes it more appealing to use. Thoughts?
    Sounds good.

Those changes look pretty good Amon. I may dig around and see if anything comes to mind (maybe actually log in) but recent trends look pretty positive in regards to making things more enjoyable for the players.
    Ssilmath Torshak, Paladin of the Lost, Shaman of the Damned, Master Armorsmith

My other "crack would be cheaper" hobby
    http://ssilmath.deviantart.com/

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post

Muy Bueno!
    rip

Battle Mage's Shimmer Field and Magus Style; both have 20 min duration and 30 min recycle

An adjustment to the timer on Sprint would be nice for new ones. *flashes a sweet noobie grin*

Quote Originally Posted by vencedor View Post
    Battle Mage's Shimmer Field and Magus Style; both have 20 min duration and 30 min recycle
    Both were already adjusted. Look at the patch notes for Blight Delta 242.

Any idea when this is going live?

no idea but I feel not soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by Kritterly View Post
    An adjustment to the timer on Sprint would be nice for new ones. *flashes a sweet noobie grin*
    This is a good suggestion actually

Doesn't fits 100% in here, but you may also have a look into the Wolf-Hunter Ability the 15 sec boost is useless, maybe lowering the evasion and stacking with other abilities and a timer of 15 minutes or something would be usefull.

The Riddle Solver ability giving +10 focus for 2 hours, would suggest to make this passive.

The Riddle Solver ability can't be changed to one that is passive. It also gives a title when you have the augmentation active. :)
    Last edited by Velea; January 2nd, 2014 at 04:03 PM.
    Terao (Gnome, Grand Master Crafter, Order [Unity])|Draigourn (Ancient, Master Lairshaper, Lunus, Order)|Echentrial (Ancient, Lunus, Order)

Guardian ability "Wrack" Timer 5:00, lowering this would be nice
    Terao (Gnome, Grand Master Crafter, Order [Unity])|Draigourn (Ancient, Master Lairshaper, Lunus, Order)|Echentrial (Ancient, Lunus, Order)

Quote Originally Posted by Terao View Post
    Guardian ability "Wrack" Timer 5:00, lowering this would be nice
    I think Wrack is basically Tier 3 Critical Strike for Guardians, and I did not originally list it as Amon's OP was asking for 'super long, 10min+'.

I think having multiple Tier's of it would be good, like Critical Strike, and just like Crit, make it Auto-hit, then it would justify the 5min recycle... imho.
    --- iuvenilis --- [Officer of The Alliance]
    Demonslaying since July 2004

• "The Hunter" buff provided by Wolf-Hunter ability now lasts for 1 hour. The ability will now only be available while actively in the Ranger school.
    • Guardian ability, Wrack, now recycles every 2 minutes.

Looking into Riddle-Solver.

Thread Information