Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Blight 384.109

Default Blight 384.109

Greetings Blight Players.

The current client on Blight is potentially a release candidate. This update includes more adjustments to the camera controls to fix reported issues, adjustments to object selection and an increase in the distance for blob shadows to load.

Version 384.108 is scheduled for release July 9, unless something critical comes up.

Version 384.109 is scheduled for release July 16.

Here's the official change release notes:

FEATURE: Mouse Over Descriptions on hot keys
    FIX: Resource Targeting Commands - Fix for SelectNearest and no other items around deselects
    FIX: Many adjustments to camera controls and click functionality
    FEATURE: Right click on entity selects entity
    FIX: Refine object / character selection method
    FIX: Increase blob shadow load distance so that monsters are visible while textures load (requires global pref reset)
    FIX: Even more adjustments to camera controls
    FIX: 384.109 If mouse/free look is disabled in options, but mouse buttons are bound to the mouse/free look key anyway, there were problems with camera / mouse feedback.**

Before making any comment, please ensure that you are running the 384.109 client, as the various different versions recently released all have different camera behavior as the developers have been tweaking the various releases. You can see your current build by typing:
    /window fpswindow

Your feedback is very much appreciated and will help to ensure a solid release.

As always, we appreciate you playing on Blight and hope that you find all the changes as exciting as well do.

Istaria Developers
    Last edited by Yfelvik; July 12th, 2013 at 05:48 PM. Reason: 384.109

Default Re: Blight 384.108

Any updates to the mouse over glow effect? I know it works sometimes on the laptop, but never has on desktop. I believe Steelclaw mentioned something about it having been overlooked patches ago and was on the table to be looked at.
    rip

I just logged in blight, trying to figure out the "FEATURE: Mouse Over Descriptions on hot keys" thing. Didn't notice anything new. Does this mean when you hover a hotkey, it should show more info, then before? Can you explain this feature more?

And the issue of seeing the mouse hovering things while mouselook is enabled isn't fixed. But its not a big deal, can still play normally. Can still see hotkeys getting highlight/hovered, while mouse freelook is enabled (invisible mouse cursor). But at least the issue of steering only 180 degrees is fixed.

Do we need to do a pref reset to see the other things, too?
    Last edited by Cegaiel; July 4th, 2013 at 07:03 AM.
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

Oh, to clarify, I haven't looked at the mouse glow. Just tweaked the selection process.

It works like this:
    0. A click produces a mouse ray starting at the camera coordinates, through the pointer, and off into infinity.
    1. Find out where/if the ray crosses the terrain. Truncate the ray there.
    2. If the ray intersects poly-selectable objects, select the closest one, stop the selection process.
    3. If the ray intersects collision-selectable objects, select the closest one, stop the selection process.
    4. If the ray intersects the bounding box of selectable objects, select the closest one that:
    4a. Is not the player's character (e.g. the thing selected when you /selectself)
    4b. Has a bounding box that does not contain the camera.
    4c. Is less than 100m from the camera.
    ... and stop the selection process.
    5. If no selection has been made at this point, do not select anything.

In this update:
    - Step 1 was added to prevent clicking through the terrain.
    - Step 4a was added to prevent selecting your character when you click near it, such as when you miss selecting a resource node.
    - Step 4b was added to reduce the chances of selecting something behind you, or right off to the side of the camera. It'll also help reduce the chance of selecting the structure you're standing in when clicking on something you see through a door.
    - Step 4c was added to reduce the chance of selecting something way off in the distance on a stray click. If you want to select something really far away, you'll need to hit it spot on, not click in its general vicinity.
    You can get anything you want in life -- just make a lot of noise and bite the right people.

As far as I know, the only change that requires a global prefs reset is the blob shadow change:
    FIX: Increase blob shadow load distance so that monsters are visible while textures load (requires global pref reset)

Nice. I don't know how often I selected everything but what I wanted out in Mithril's Anvil. Step 4a will definitely help with dragons, maybe /setscale will be thrown on the backburner. Step 4b is great as if you've been as a dragon in a t6 tavern, becomes problematic selecting tavernkeeper or in a large vault, same deal with NPC's. Maybe cut down on the /select a bit. 4c sounds great in addition to 4a, so many mines and lairs in MA and Dralk even, kudos! Can't wait!

That description over hotkey seemed to work although is there a way to adjust delay? Thinking maybe 1-2s from mouse over before popping up.
    rip

Camera controls are spot on. Mouse cursor is staying in place, selection is superb. A++

That's with default key binds and 'Use Mouse Left/Right buttons to Mouse/Free Look" checked.

Context menu with right click on UI is smooth. No more flickering of the cursor, it's legit.
    rip

Going to update my vid drivers but I am still getting a glitch, right click sends mouse to lower right corner. I have 2 screens so it jumps off current screen to my second screen ick lol...

Quote Originally Posted by grainger View Post
    Going to update my vid drivers but I am still getting a glitch, right click sends mouse to lower right corner. I have 2 screens so it jumps off current screen to my second screen ick lol...
    Submitting ticket. This seems to ONLY happen when I have the Use mouse to mouse look unchecked.

And thank you to all the Devs for doing your best to make our time in Istaria a great one.
    Last edited by grainger; July 6th, 2013 at 04:50 PM.

Hi Grainger - could you confirm you're using 384.108 please? You can see your current build by typing:
    /window fpswindow

Grainger and I were able to replicate this bug. I've documented it internally, though for everyone else wondering if they're affected, here's what we found.

When not using the new camera-mouse bindings, releasing Mouselook (hold) will restore the pointer to some consistent, wacky location.
    You can get anything you want in life -- just make a lot of noise and bite the right people.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelclaw View Post
    Grainger and I were able to replicate this bug. I've documented it internally, though for everyone else wondering if they're affected, here's what we found.

When not using the new camera-mouse bindings, releasing Mouselook (hold) will restore the pointer to some consistent, wacky location.
    So you uncheck the mouse look/free look box under camera tab and just bind your mouse look (hold) to a key, depress and release and release will replicate this issue? For me, the cursor shows up in the same spot.
    rip

Just got home from vacation, patched to blight. Still not a fan of the cursor behavior. When steering, once I release the key for steering, the cursor is appearing in the very upper left corner. Why can't it appear where it was to begin with, before I started steering?

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    Just got home from vacation, patched to blight. Still not a fan of the cursor behavior. When steering, once I release the key for steering, the cursor is appearing in the very upper left corner. Why can't it appear where it was to begin with, before I started steering?
    Sounds like what Steelclaw and Grainger were describing. Not sure what to do to replicate this issue. My cursor stays in the same spot, does not move.
    rip

I'm playing in windowed mode. Perhaps the behavior is different if playing full-screen?

I have Free Movement checked.
    I have the Use l/r mouse buttons to Mouse/Free look also checked.

Current cursor behavior is the worst yet... So annoying that for every little bit of steering the cursor moves all the way to the upper corner.

Current cursor behavior is the worst yet... So annoying that for every little bit of steering the cursor moves all the way to the upper corner.
    What is your configuration to get this to happen? What build are you using? I'm the odd one out here, I can't get this to happen.

Uploaded video:
    WMV http://tranquillityguild.com/istaria...6-12-43-56.wmv
    Last edited by Dracillion; July 8th, 2013 at 11:32 PM. Reason: Dumped AVI
    rip

384.108, on 2 different copies of the game... ok weird. One copy has the issue of the cursor popping up into the corner, other does not. Both were patched to blight sunday afternoon within an hour of each other.

Maybe it's running 2 instances of the game at once?

384.108, on 2 different copies of the game... ok weird. One copy has the issue of the cursor popping up into the corner, other does not. Both were patched to blight sunday afternoon within an hour of each other.

Maybe it's running 2 instances of the game at once?
    Not sure. I run multiple instances, though only one session on Blight.
    rip

I didn't see a mention of stability improvements, but I am getting many less crashes than the previous client. Kudos.

Edit - I'm comparing to the client patched to live.

Thread Information