Thread: I cannot get into game

Default I cannot get into game

It's been over 24 hours since I've been able to play a character in Istaria after logging in to the launcher. I filed a support ticket just now in hopes of help on getting in. I apologize to all on Order shard, that I have not been able to serve klava the past two days.

Default Re: I cannot get into game

If this is the same problem as your post in another thread about the client crashing, you might have some luck renaming the orderhorizons folder in your world_cache folder to something else. If that stops the client from crashing, we can try to figure out where the offending bit is.

Sometimes the client creates a corrupted file in the world cache that causes the client to crash when it tries to load that file. Fun times.
    You can get anything you want in life -- just make a lot of noise and bite the right people.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelclaw View Post
    If this is the same problem as your post in another thread about the client crashing, you might have some luck renaming the orderhorizons folder in your world_cache folder to something else. If that stops the client from crashing, we can try to figure out where the offending bit is.

Sometimes the client creates a corrupted file in the world cache that causes the client to crash when it tries to load that file. Fun times.
    Renaming the folder did not help.

Sorry to hear of your login problems Awdz...My Tim's don't taste the same without the klava Hope you get the issue resolved soon.

Quote Originally Posted by awdz View Post
    Renaming the folder did not help.
    Uhoh. Okay, can you try renaming your prefs directory?
    You can get anything you want in life -- just make a lot of noise and bite the right people.

Still no joy, even with rebooting after each change. *sighs wistfully*

If your client is crashing due to corrupted world cache (i have had this happen), you can fix it by manually deleting your world cache. Just go into your istaria folder, find the world cache folder for the shard you play on, and delete everything inside. When you go to log back in, just remember to make you you have full scan selected and it will download all new cache files. If you don't run full scan the launcher will immediately crash out, so remember to do this. It worked for me when my launcher was crashing. Good luck to you.

*serves klava in personal container to all characters in marketplace, presenting each with a towel and a curtsy*
    Someday I hope to get back in game, but as I have not figured out how yet, I do not know when. :-(

Exactly what is the issue? Would help with more descriptions. What kind of error, whats happening? I also would suggest the same thing others have said, but this time, just completely delete or move both the Prefs folder and the World Cache folder. It will recreate the folders next time you start the game and be completely 'fresh'.

I highly doubt a mod would affect the game, but if you got some mods, temporarily disable them, by renaming resources_override to something, lets say Resources_override2 . The game will also create a blank resources_override folder next time it is restarted.
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

Logging into launcher is fine, but logging into game fails. I would look into your hardware setup, firewalls, and even check your ISP and see if
    Quote Originally Posted by Yfelvik
    they throttle UDP packets or if game traffic (UDP) is prioritized lower.
    Although this may be out of scope to this issue, I'm posting it all the same as it is informative and relates to other network error scenarios:
    Quote Originally Posted by Yfelvik
    Sounds to me straight up that somewhere, at some point, a firewall is preventing the jlauncher.exe from executing proper.
    rip

Thread Information