Thread: Blight 385.3

Default Blight 385.3

The current client on Blight is has a number of significant changes.
    Features:

• Expand the use of lookup system for name and description
    • Redesign Structure list window
    • Add map markers and show quest status in map window
    • Option to stop the object spinning
    • Group Window - Add player as group leader on window load
    • Add per character / per account notepad tabs

Fixes:

• Display message if a scribe-able item is already known
    • Don't notify login / logout for players on ignore list
    • Do not auto-engage in-combat state when attacked. Let the player decide when and who to engage. Setting the in-combat cancels the sit state on the server, and sitting and getting wailed on is sometimes a desirable combat tactic.
    • Even more adjustments to camera left / right mouse engage logic.
    • Fix UIHotkey.def corruption bug introduced in r815

Before making any comment, please ensure that you are running the latest client. You can see your current build by typing:
    /window fpswindow

384.3 UPDATES
    • Fix for lastCommand and special characters leading to crash situation
    • Fix for NPC icons showing up on map to indicate quest available or quest greeting
    • Fix for crazy client message repeating text over and over

384.4 UPDATES
    • Fix for tool feedback having duplicates (more fixes coming in future to show all correct tools)
    • Fix for group UI working properly

Your feedback is very much appreciated and will help to ensure a solid release.

As always, we appreciate you playing on Blight and hope that you find all the changes as exciting as well do.

Istaria Developers
    Last edited by Yfelvik; August 8th, 2013 at 06:00 PM. Reason: Update to 385.4

Default Re: Blight 385.2

Tested for the hotkey wiping problem. It's fixed!

Can you elaborate on some of these features? I tried to figure it out, but notice nothing new. What am I missing?

• Expand the use of lookup description for name and description.
    Where, what should I be seeing?

• Add map markers and show quest status in map window.

I don't see any map markers or anything regarding quests in map!?
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

Quote Originally Posted by Cegaiel View Post
    Can you elaborate on some of these features? I tried to figure it out, but notice nothing new. What am I missing?

• Expand the use of lookup description for name and description.
    Where, what should I be seeing?
    You won't see anything about this really. Its basically that we're pre-loading a lot of string (text) data to your system instead of transmitting it each time. So stuff like item or ability descriptions, quest text, etc. Saves on bandwidth.

• Add map markers and show quest status in map window.

I don't see any map markers or anything regarding quests in map!?
    They do show up, but they don't appear to be working properly.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Thanks for the clarification, Amon.

Also, wanted to say thanks to everyone that worked on the hotkey swapping thing. This is about as good as some Popeye's Chicken

I'm satisfied with it, don't get me wrong... But wanted to toss another idea to tweak it even further. Not sure if this is easy, hard or impossible, but here goes.

If you're using the "Execute Hotkey" in your hotkey macro (ie at end, you tell it to Execute Bank 1 Button 10 to loop it).

Two potential problems (if the person doesn't remember they need to edit it and change to correct bank/button):

1) If you just move the key (not swap) then the hotkey is broke (since it can't click on the empty previous bank/hotkey)

2) If you swap it, the hotkey would be executing the now swapped/old hotkey instead.

I don't mind that, I know it needs editing, but thinking about long term/new players. This scenario might be tricky or impossible to code, but if it can be made to automatically edit the hotkey with the new bank/button #. Just wanted to toss that idea out there. Cheers!
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

"Display message if a scribe-able item is already known"

Could this be configured to recognize that, for example, having a Master Formula Scribed will result in showing that an according Beginner, Journeyman, or Expert form is already known?

On another subject (as feature was introduced in an earlier update) could the /SNR selected resource have a direction indicated in the target window (and perhaps range as well)?

Knossos

Formulas have no knowledge of other formulas so no this wouldn't be possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Knossos View Post
    "Display message if a scribe-able item is already known"

Could this be configured to recognize that, for example, having a Master Formula Scribed will result in showing that an according Beginner, Journeyman, or Expert form is already known
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Default Re: Blight 385.3

Blight has been updated with client release 385.3, which has a few minor fixes:

384.3 UPDATES
    - Fix for lastCommand and special characters leading to crash situation
    - Fix for NPC icons showing up on map to indicate quest available or quest greeting
    - Fix for crazy client message repeating text over and over

This is now a release candidate for live. As always, make your voice heard regarding issues or feedback.
    Last edited by Yfelvik; August 5th, 2013 at 09:16 PM.

"Fix for crazy client message repeating text over and over"

Some lingering problems noted as biped tried wrong tool on unspun flax, cedar tree, copper and tin ore, sandstone exposure, uncut gem and dim essence orb (no azulyte nearby to test).

1. The visual for wrong tool is not active for any resource tested.

2. Harvest Knife is listed twice for cedar tree and for flax plant as appropriate tool.

Knossos

Default Re: Blight 385.4

Blight has been updated with client release 385.4, which has the following fixes:

384.4 UPDATES
    - Fix for tool feedback having duplicates (more fixes coming in future to show all correct tools)
    - Fix for group UI working properly

This is now a release candidate for live. As always, make your voice heard regarding issues or feedback.

Did some brief playing on 385.4, no problems so far. But can you tell me a bit more about what the group ui fix is so I can test that more thoroughly?

"Fix for tool feedback having duplicates (more fixes coming in future to show all correct tools)"

Hopefully additional fixes will include bringing back animation for incorrect tool.

Knossos

The group fix is:

When you leave a group, it automatically rejoins an empty one. When you leave, it reports that you left 4-6 times. After that, you've can't leave or join another group.

Thank you very much for testing.

So far so good.

Thank you to everyone for testing - the facility manager gave a thumbs up, and no breaking issues reported.

Thread Information