Thread: Returning 7 Years Later

Arrow Returning 7 Years Later

I played this game in 2006 and I am happy to see the game is still running 7 years later! After reviewing the most recently released mmos, I couldn’t help but still have images of this game dancing through my head. Yes, I have decided to return to the world of Istaria!

Awkwardly walking around New Trismus with only flashes of déjàvu has been a humbling experience. Even though things seem oddly familiar, after such a long hiatus it is much like playing the game for the first time, lol. I am looking forward to learning all over again.

Kritterly

It depends which server board I think is which.

Default Re: Returning 7 Years Later

Welcome back to Istaria, Kitterly! ^^ Lots has changed in 7 years, and I hope that you find they are good changes. I'll make sure to say hi if I see you on Order.. not sure which shard you're on.

Thank you Racktorr! I am currently on Chaos right now, but I just might make a new dragon on Order...

*serves Kritterly a container full of klava presented with a towel and a curtsy*

Welcome home! :-)

Thank you awdz. I am really excited to be here!!

I logged into one of my old toons only to see this...
    Baker is empty.jpg
    All the guild plots that we worked so hard on are gone.
    Most everything I owned was inside these buildings.
    This is a sad sight... a sad sight indeed... *heavy sigh*

It depends which server board I think is which.

As I've said, a lot of things have changed over the years.. communities move, guilds dissipate.... It's unfortunate. Sorry to hear about the loss of your things & your guild's community. :c

Awww, thank you Racktor! You are so sweet.

I have to admit that given how slow the economy is and seeing empty plot after empty plot almost made me turn away saying, "Well at least I only paid for one month". It really gave me the feeling of a game about to die. I decided that I would play a little longer since I had already paid for the month anyways… and now I am really glad that I gave it a chance.

My husband and I had a great time playing in New Trismus this weekend. We managed to find the New Player chat channel and the Map Pack. With a little help and advise from some very nice veteran players, we are starting to feel a little more at home in Istaria. I started somewhat of a blog and it is fun to share our new adventures with my facebook friends to tell “our story”.

I must say that I am delighted to see that the developers themselves frequent these forums. Seeing them comment and reply daily has really added to that “community” feeling and has given me hope… hope that they are listening to suggestions and feedback of the players. That is something that the big box games do not have and it really means a lot to me.

There are a few things that I have found to be major frustrations in this game and other things to be a refreshing change from the current MMOs. I feel that I have a lot to say being that I can see the game from a new player’s perspective, so I plan to give some suggestions in hopes that this game with continue further. I already have several friends who are interested in trying out the game next weekend.

In the mean time, we are having fun being “noobies” and learning all about what Istaria has to offer.

Greetings Kritterly. Welcome to Istaria. Hope to meet you when you are on Order.

Welcome back Kritterly! *wing hugs* Good to see returning players.
    Yes, with the economy, many have been forced to quit due to loss of income. Hense the empty plots everywhere D:
    That`s why I`m trying to make mine as a key player plot so everyone has a place to craft, and store supplies

Quote Originally Posted by Darkwing_Duck View Post
    Welcome back Kritterly! *wing hugs* Good to see returning players.
    That`s why I`m trying to make mine as a key player plot so everyone has a place to craft, and store supplies
    Where is your plot Darkwing? Is it on Chaos?

I have seen you roaming around on chaos a couple times

Welcome back^^
    xWaterwingx SpiritStream 100/45/13 ~ Adult, Atriva Liliin 19/15/0 ~ Hatchling, Zukori 0/0/0 ~ Hatchling
    Make sure I'm happy at all times, or the Chaos shard will BECOME Chaos!
    Edit 2023: Wth kind of drugs was I on 10 years ago

Awwww, thank you Waterwing.

Thread Information