Thread: Level 95 DragonCraft and Clueless

Default Level 95 DragonCraft and Clueless

I am returning to the game after 7 years away to find that my dragon has level 95 crafting. I have reached into the deepest parts of my memory, but the only thing that pops in my mind is “Mithril”… but mithril what? I have started a new dragon to relearn the crafting process, but at the same time I would love to finish up my old dragon.

I know it sounds silly, but can somebody refresh my memory and tell me what I should be crafting at level 95? Oh yeah, and where do I find Mithril again, lol??

Kritterly

Default Re: Level 95 DragonCraft and Clueless

You can find mithril out near Mithril's Anvil, just south, near Wolf's Paw. Wolf's Paw is ideal if someone has a shop on their plot as the nodes are just across the road. You can also do marble which is located north of Mithril's Anvil, and again, if someone has setup a shop there that makes the run ideal. Between the two you have mobs, however, more mithril is unguarded compared to marble.
    rip

Thank you very much Dracillion! This information is very helpful.... and what should I be making??

I don't remember the scales offhand that you level off, perhaps someone in MarketPlace can recite them specifically. You can definitely use vendor purchased forms, though there are ideal opt ranges you want, so you wouldn't craft/decon all of the scales, just once or two. I believe I used a marble strength helm scale personally, though there are others that are better I'm sure.
    rip

You might want to check your craft abilities tab to see if you have the IX Mastery quests done. Those would include smelting, scalecraft, mining, gem working, quarry, stoneworking, essence shaping, essence harvesting, spellcraft, and the ever popular dimensional pocket. The quests go up to lv100.

As far as what you should be making for leveling, that can be figured out by looking at your current scalecraft skill and the optimal number for the formula. Take into consideration any + skill available to you, like buffs, tech'ed scales, cogs, machine bonus. You want to be close to optimal to get maximum materials return from the decon. Logistic convenience for machines and raw materials is a consideration too.

Welcome Home!

Wow Dracaena, that gives me a really GREAT place to start!

I will check the quests first. I thought I had them all finished, but there might be some new ones that were not available way back then.

Then I will dig out all my old crafting scales and see how high I can get my "scalecraft" skill.

I noticed that I have over 17k Mithril bars in my vault... I am guessing that I had them stored on a guild consigner or something. *shrugs* Maybe I can use those to get me started?

Quote Originally Posted by Kritterly View Post
    Wow Dracaena, that gives me a really GREAT place to start!

I will check the quests first. I thought I had them all finished, but there might be some new ones that were not available way back then.

Then I will dig out all my old crafting scales and see how high I can get my "scalecraft" skill.

I noticed that I have over 17k Mithril bars in my vault... I am guessing that I had them stored on a guild consigner or something. *shrugs* Maybe I can use those to get me started?
    You will prob want to get a mod to help make life easier too. there is a map mod that will show you where the mithral is at.

Map Pack 3.6 It's just been updated August 9, 2013.

Welcome back, btw. I just returned after being away since 2005, and had the same reaction you did; staring at my level 60 character, looking at all the weird things in his vault and wondering, what the hell is this stuff. Then looking at all the spells and abilities and drawing a huge blank. I too started a new character, just to remember the complexities of this game.
    Last edited by Defilade; August 10th, 2013 at 01:28 PM.

If leveling on Marble, make power and strength scales. If leveling on Mithril (sounds like you have enough to get to lvl 100 easily) make Dexterity and Focus scales.

Use whichever formula's item you are just past optimal to make. Don't use something you are not optimal on, even by just 1 bar.

Optimal vs not example. You make a scale that at optimal requires 12 bars, you are not yet optimal so it uses 13 bars. When you are optimal, it takes 12 bars to craft, and you will get 6 back when deconning. So 6 bars used. When not optimal, it takes 13 bars to craft, you get only 5 bars back, so 8 bars used. That's 25% more resources. Making an optimal item might give a bit less exp per item, but it will never exceed the 25% threshold to be worth it.

For Dexterity scales, these are the skill levels needed for optimal:
    1020 Dexterity Chest/Head/Foreleg scales
    1120 Dexterity Back/Tail/Hindleg/Wing scales

For Focus scales, these are the skill levels needed for optimal
    1050 Focus Chest/Head/Foreleg scales
    1150 Focus Back/Tail/Hindleg/Wing scales

They are all the same in the bars needed, so 1 formula from each grouping is all you need. So dex chest, focus chest, dex wing, focus wing for example will get you by if working with just Mithril. Switch items as soon as your current Scalecraft skill hits each level. Using biped buffs add skill:
    Gift strength V, gift power V, enhance strength V add a total of 15 Scalecraft skill.
    Determination, Promote Vitality, Promote Intellect self buffs (Promote Intellect is newer and you likely do not have it, but its easy to find someone to make you one) add 22 skill total.
    Also a full set of t5 teched, marble strength scales will add 230 scalecraft skill. That's a total of 267 skill. Surge of Strength V adds 7 skill. Don't forget potions.

As lvl 95, a full set of scales with self buffs, and an expert dragon lair scaleforge (+90) and you will already be optimal on the expert Focus Wing scale most likely.

For completion sake, these are all the skill levels for the expert dragon scale formulas, in order:

1000 Strength Chest/Head/Foreleg scales
    1020 Dexterity Chest/Head/Foreleg scales
    1030 Power Chest/Head/Foreleg scales
    1050 Focus Chest/Head/Foreleg scales
    1060 Armor Chest/Head/Foreleg scales
    1080 Health Chest/Head/Foreleg scales
    1100 Strength Back/Tail/Hindleg/Wing scales
    1120 Dexterity Back/Tail/Hindleg/Wing scales
    1130 Power Back/Tail/Hindleg/Wing scales
    1150 Focus Back/Tail/Hindleg/Wing scales
    1160 Armor Back/Tail/Hindleg/Wing scales
    1180 Health Back/Tail/Hindleg/Wing scales

Armor and Health scales are 6 each of Marble and Mithril, so unless you have access to silos near a scaleforge, may not be practical.

Hahahhaa Defilade, that is just EXCATLY what I spent the first few days back doing! Then I made a new character, lol.

Thank you very much Guaran! This is exactly the advice I was looking for. I will print it out so I can read it over a few times… it is going to take a bit to really sink in, lol.

I have a pretty good collection of scale forms from the old days. I have vivid memories of sitting in Brist on Fri & Sat nights shopping for forms the second people put them up, lol. It is sad to see the connies so empty now… not sure how to get some of the forms I am still missing.

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    As lvl 95, a full set of scales with self buffs, and an expert dragon lair scaleforge (+90) and you will already be optimal on the expert Focus Wing scale most likely.

If I remember correctly... Can I use an Expert biped blacksmith shop to work on these too?

If I remember correctly... Can I use an Expert biped blacksmith shop to work on these too?
    Yes, but a dragon will not get any scalecraft bonus using a ped shop (I don't know if the same applies to spellcrafting, though).
    --- iuvenilis --- [Officer of The Alliance]
    Demonslaying since July 2004

Quote Originally Posted by hallucin8 View Post
    Yes, but a dragon will not get any scalecraft bonus using a ped shop (I don't know if the same applies to spellcrafting, though).
    Oh pooh!!!

Oh pooh!!!
    I just tested my Dragon with Scalecraft at an Expert biped anvil (with open item creation screen calling for scalecraft skill) and received a +75 Dragon Scalecraft bonus.

Knossos

Yipee!! Thanks for checking Knossos. So an Expert Scaleforge gives +90 or an Expert Biped Anvil gives +75.

Biped expert machines give +75. Only T6 dragon machines give +90.
    rip

Using up all 17k Mithril bars, I was able to get up to 62% of level 99... so close, yet so far away, lol! Thank you so much for all your guidance and input here. It is all coming back now. Oh the joy of crafting, hehe.

Thread Information