Thread: Deleting Forms

Question Deleting Forms

Once you have the expert version of a form, do you delete your beginner and journeyman forms to help clean things up? In fact, can your knowledge book get filled up??

Default Re: Deleting Forms

Yes your knowledge book can get full, just as your spell book can too. In most cases you can delete the lower versions of formula, but always double check! Blighted item formula do NOT provide the lower versions, and there are a handful of other forms that don't have an expert version, so don't delete their JM forms. Also, any forms you got as quest rewards I would advise not deleting, unless you're sure they can be purchased other ways.
    --- iuvenilis --- [Officer of The Alliance]
    Demonslaying since July 2004

Confectioner forms is one of the main "other" types you must check before deleting. The experts don't have any of the jman food in it and the J-Man doesn't have any beginners in it. Might be a couple of exceptions to that.
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

Dunno about knowledge but I know as a ped my spellbook is full.

Quote Originally Posted by Calyndrell View Post
    Dunno about knowledge but I know as a ped my spellbook is full.
    Spellbook capacity is 200.

Knossos

Quote Originally Posted by Knossos View Post
    Spellbook capacity is 200.

Knossos
    Yikes! Only 200 spells? That can add up really fast when doing multiple classes! Oh dear, I might be in trouble there...

Quote Originally Posted by Kritterly View Post
    Yikes! Only 200 spells? That can add up really fast when doing multiple classes! Oh dear, I might be in trouble there...
    It won't fill up as quickly as you might think, and I suspect it might be a bit more, maybe 250, but I'm probably wrong. You'll realize as you level up, that you might not actually want to use every spell. I currently have almost every T4 and T5 spell along with many T3 spells scribed in my full spell book, so don't worry too much until you have multiclassed quite a bit. The tricky part is when you have a huge set of teched T4/5 spells and are starting new schools. Sometimes you may just have to get any new spells for your current level and then as you get the higher versions, delete the older ones to make room. But as you level up new schools, you probably won't bother with all the T1/2 spells, as you'd be hunting higher level mobs (higher than your level due to your higher rating), and the low level spells maybe useless.
    --- iuvenilis --- [Officer of The Alliance]
    Demonslaying since July 2004

Formula page is a bit more forgiving. I don't know the exact number, but do know I have roughly 575 forms scribed atm... So at minimum its 575.
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

I think formulas is 750, not sure. As a GMC with likely 99% of all formulas, my Formula book isn't full. But I have gotten rid of most all beginner and journeyman formulas when the expert provides the same items. The food formulas do not contain lower tiers of items, the only exception is the Ambrosia formula. So don't delete any food formulas. Some formulas only come in Beginner (or only in Journeyman, Expert or Master) so always double check before deleting. Examples: Beginner Aughundell Textile Wear, Journeyman Feledan Fashion Wear, Beginner Spell: Burning Sky, Beginner: Sand, Corvian Silver Bar.

For spells there is a lot of overlap with schools, which is the whole point of multiclassing. So it isn't as bad as all that.

Mage, Wizard, Conjuror, Sorcerer, Battlemage, Knight of Creation, Chaos Warrior, Flame Disciple, Ice Disciple all can use the same spells, and there's only like 1 that only 1 of the schools can use and not the others (Ulavens Fire shield).

I've gotten rid of most all lower tier gifts, enhances, heals, etc. I'm rating 240 and have at least one class to 100 that can use all the spells, and have all the t5 spells I think..., and I am at 192 spells. I even have multiple versions of a couple spells. There's a few I could clean out but haven't bothered. So you should be fine. Just level up all the related schools at the same time before doing other schools, then you can clean out the lower tier spells that no other schools you want to level can use anyway. Also, most spells share timers with the lower tier versions of themselves, not point in keeping them except for when in a lower level alternate school that can use it. Exceptions of course are buffs of lower tiers that a lower player may need, Like Flame Attack I.

With all schools at 81 or higher, almost all of my spells are Tier V. Forms I only have experts of, and I am missing a handful for the stone and essence schools. I'm not anywhere near a complete spellbook but I can't imagine everything I'm missing would max me out.
    rip

Thread Information