Thread: How does Group XP work?

Question How does Group XP work?

My character is level 20 (rating 25) and I have several friends who are trying out the game for the first time. I would like to help them by grouping up and taking them out for a fun little hunt, but I am not sure how the group XP works.

I saw that I got no XP (which is fine) on the level 5 stuff, but my friends are so new they couldn’t tell me if they were getting XP or not. Information overload I think… it was all I could do to get them through the basics of crafting, lol.

• Does a level 5 still get XP if I am grouped up with them while doing a level 5 mob?
    • Or do I have to leave the group and just throw out a heal once in a while to help them?
    • Does it take an average of the two levels? If I group with a level 30, do we gain the best XP on level 25 mobs?

Default Re: How does Group XP work?

Rating is what determines the amount of exp you get from a mob, not your level.

Example: A level 1 can get a good amount of experience with an ancient dragon if you are fighting T5 mobs.
    rip

It depends which server board I think is which.

Does a level 5 still get XP if I am grouped up with them while doing a level 5 mob?
    They do not - the EXP is based off the highest group member

Or do I have to leave the group and just throw out a heal once in a while to help them?
    That's generally what people do, and is the most effiecient.

Does it take an average of the two levels? If I group with a level 30, do we gain the best XP on level 25 mobs?
    I think the higher the level the mob, the better, which is why power-leveling with a lvl 1 on top of a wall in ED with an ancient killing stuff works so well, unfortunately.

I'm not sure specifics though ^^;

I am not trying to power level them, but just help them see how a group works, get group chat working right, get them up a few levels so that they can wear some better armor and have a bigger backpack to start out with… Oh, I guess that is kind of mini power leveling, lol.

So I would have to take them out to a level 25 mob? OMG, I can barely handle a 25 on my own without a handfull of baby birds running around. They would surely die with just one hit, lol. I guess I will just follow them around and heal a bit. It is a good thing I took up Healer… otherwise there would be nothing at all I could do for them.

It depends which server board I think is which.

I wasn't accusing you of power leveling, I was just saying that is why powerleveling works. And getting up a few levels really isn't powerlevleing, is grinding with friends, haha. Powerleveling is when one does nothing while the other just murders crap everywhere, usually with a lvl 20 and a lvl 100

Hehehe, yeah grinding. Doesn't the low level have to get at least one hit in to even get the xp? Or no??

Nope just be close enough. I think the required distance is no further than 30m From the mob.

Thread Information