Thread: Have question realting to property

Default Have question realting to property

I'm thinking of paying for a sub and I would like to know if getting property has any in game advantages, because I'm thinking of getting property holder access, and when I saw the price was about $15 I thought it was a little to high and now I want to make sure that I not getting some glorified feature that is pretty much useless (I.E. like for instance some games give player housing feature but they turn out to be just a rather useless decoration and serve no real purpose.

PS: Seems I messed the title up go figure XD
    Last edited by shilo; August 19th, 2013 at 10:17 PM.

Default Re: Have question realting to property

Plots equal more storage! Depends on the structure you put up as to what type of items and how many. Some plot items are just "fluff" and have no storage capability. You can also have your own consigner, vault, pawnbroker, tavern on your property. Player built machines have skill bonus when used for crafting. Depends on your play style how useful a plot can be to you.

Properties can make resources more convenient. They can add to your storage capacity and give you a means to transfer items between characters on a single sub account. Transferring through said buildings will not remove the customized names you give your items as trading would.

It gives you a potential "vault" for friends to store things and share with you. Collaborate efforts. Also, if you have a consigner, you can use that as a cheap silo trick as well.
    rip

Quote Originally Posted by Dracaena View Post
    Depends on your play style how useful a plot can be to you.

What do you mean like if I prefer crafting to fighting. In that regard I do what ever i fell like sometimes I'll
    fight a lot other times I'll just craft a lot it all depends on my mood.

Quote Originally Posted by shilo View Post
    What do you mean like if I prefer crafting to fighting. In that regard I do what ever i fell like sometimes I'll
    fight a lot other times I'll just craft a lot it all depends on my mood.
    If you like to RP, you might buy a plot to be your character's 'home'.

If you hunt, fight and craft a lot, you might buy a plot for storage so you can store all the stuff you find.

Or a combination of the two - store stuff on the plot while still making it visually pleasing so you can use it as a RP area.

some games give player housing feature but they turn out to be just a rather useless decoration and serve no real purpose
    As for this: the plot can be a rather useless decoration or you can use it for other purposes - it's up to you.

To give a small idea - Personally, I find my vault is sufficient to all my storage needs, if only barely. I stuff all my scalesets in there, loads of components, extra scalepacks, potions, crystals, etc. However, I would need to buy a plot if I wished to save and store certain forms, or keep resources that are routinely needed easily available.

In short - it's not a useless decoration, unless of course you want it to be :P

Hope this helped!

Do the house structures have storage or are they just for looks?

Quote Originally Posted by Kritterly View Post
    Do the house structures have storage or are they just for looks?
    They have storage.
    rip

Go to http://istariareference.com/bipedstructures.asp for all the structure info you need.
    This does not cover fluff stuff like benches, trees, walkways, walls, ect.
    Dacurly Dac : Phoenix Fellowship Guild : Chaos Server
    http://phoenixfellowship.clanz.co/

Quote Originally Posted by Alisto View Post
    If you like to RP, you might buy a plot to be your character's 'home'.

If you hunt, fight and craft a lot, you might buy a plot for storage so you can store all the stuff you find.

Or a combination of the two - store stuff on the plot while still making it visually pleasing so you can use it as a RP area.

As for this: the plot can be a rather useless decoration or you can use it for other purposes - it's up to you.

To give a small idea - Personally, I find my vault is sufficient to all my storage needs, if only barely. I stuff all my scalesets in there, loads of components, extra scalepacks, potions, crystals, etc. However, I would need to buy a plot if I wished to save and store certain forms, or keep resources that are routinely needed easily available.

In short - it's not a useless decoration, unless of course you want it to be :P

Hope this helped!
    Ah, I see I think I'll give the plot sub a try. BTW what i mean by the plot being a useless decoration is that some of the games I played didn't even give the option to turn the house into some sort of storage facility. All it was is for show.

Thank you to everyone who took the time to give me an answer!

Depending on whether you`re planning to get a plot of land, or a lair. Lairs are a bit more limited to what you can do, but you build machines to help with crafting, storage to store all your character`s stuffs (saves lots of vault space)
    Plots, you can pretty much build a mini city. houses, and guild halls, for storage, barns, and taverns to store food, machines to help with crafting, as well as decorative stuffs like hedges, park benches, trees, ponds, ect.. It`s well worth the $5.00 more per month. I say try it out for a few months, and if it`s not something for you, then simply sell the plot/lair, and cancell the sub and reclaim your basic sub

If you sell the property back to the community, do you get back the price that you paid for it??

Quote Originally Posted by Kritterly View Post
    If you sell the property back to the community, do you get back the price that you paid for it??
    Yes. I think anyone that had plots during the merge and all that business would the be exception and not sure how they were compensated.
    rip

I believe there is a 5% fee that you lose if you purchase a plot and later sell it back to community. Been awhile since I relocated my plots to remember. Not a big enough lose to really worry about if you find a nicer plot.

Thread Information