Thread: Shield Fashion Advice

Question Shield Fashion Advice

This is going to sound completely ridicules, but here it goes anyways…

I just started the healer adventure class and apparently we can use a shield. I have a starter shield, but have avoided using it as much as possible because I just don’t like the way it looks, lol. Silly, I know… but now I am finding that I kind of need one.

There are no shields or low-end weapons for purchase on the consigner, so I am going to have to contact a weaponsmith to make both a weapon and the shield. Oh, a weaponsmith makes shields, right? Only thing is, I don’t know what to ask for…

I don’t want some enormous shield that is bigger than me. So, what is the smallest shield that a healer can use? Or can they make the shield invisible? Do I have any alternatives (for added armor/protection) that I can use besides a bulky old shield?

Default Re: Shield Fashion Advice

As a healer, you want to use a Round Cross Shield as it gives +life

The smallest shield a healer can use look-wise is, I think, a Small Shield (Yes that is the name ok >.>).

You cannot make a shield invisible, unfortunately :/ I've tried. My poor dryad.

Armorcraft is the skill required to make shields, therefore ARM is what you want, not WPN.

Also, I'm not 100% sure but all of my shield (round and medium) forms show HLR being able to equip. In fact, I don't think there is any distinction between shields themselves though I could be mistaken. (AFAIK people use Fine xxx Large Shields exclusively)
    rip

You will want to do the Imperial Outpost quests, one of which will get you the Ceremonial Shield. Pretty much the best shield in game.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracillion View Post
    Armorcraft is the skill required to make shields, therefore ARM is what you want, not WPN.
    Thank you Dracillion, that will save some real embarrassment in the market chat, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    You will want to do the Imperial Outpost quests, one of which will get you the Ceremonial Shield. Pretty much the best shield in game.
    Grateful for the information Guaran! Does it have the Life bonus too? Oh, and I just have to ask… is it ginormous and heavy as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Kritterly View Post
    Grateful for the information Guaran! Does it have the Life bonus too? Oh, and I just have to ask… is it ginormous and heavy as well?
    Yes it's large and rectangular. Looks like large xxx shields.
    rip

Yupo. Big shield.

300 armor
    90% base evasion
    300 blight resistance
    +20 block bonus.
    Requires adventure level 100
    Requires shield use 1000

Quote Originally Posted by Alisto View Post
    Yupo. Big shield.

300 armor
    90% base evasion
    300 blight resistance
    +20 block bonus.
    Requires adventure level 100
    Requires shield use 1000
    Which is set to change with next delta.

•Ceremonial Shield will no longer have a penalty to evasion, but instead boost Ethereal Armor by +308.
    •Ceremonial Shield and Reklar's Shield will now boost Armor by +308.
    •Frig Tallowgar at the Imperial Outpost now offers a quest to players who completed the quest "Imperial Outpost: Stop the Kwellen Raids" and received the Ceremonial Tower Shield. He will replace the current shield with a new one free of charge. The new Ceremonial Tower Shield gives the same improvements as the old (+308 Armor, +308 Ethereal Armor, +300 Blight Resistance, 10 Block, 25% chance of a buff on incoming hit) but can also have up to 2 techniques applied to it.
    Pretty much is the best shield... time to get on it!
    rip

My healer is only at level 21... what level is this quest?

Long quest chain, wouldn't worry about it until you're 100.
    rip

Thread Information