Thread: Shadow spiders?

Default Shadow spiders?

This is a mix of a question, and a demand and slightly rantish! Ahem -

Since the update to the WD i've been having -alot- of trouble with both shadow tarantulas and shadow spiders.

So here's my question: Do shadow spiders have a linked spawn to shadow spider hatchlings? This same problem also seems to happen to the normal shadow tarantulas (i know they have a linked spawn to bloodflies, but do they also have a linked spawn to the hatchlings?)

I'm trying not to make this a rant here hehe. So here's what i want if they haven't a linked spawn, i want at least more than 6 spiders across the whole of istaria at one time, so they turn into viable things to hunt again.

Default Re: Shadow spiders?

Previously or at least as I understood it the shadow spiders were in the regular areas, while the tarantulas were in the deadlands. Now, at least from what I've seen, there are shadow spiders in the regular and the deadlands, but no tarantulas.

Without being completely sure what specifically you are looking for, I can't really say. But what I can tell you is this... Shadow Spiders, Shadow Spider Hatchlings, Shadow Spider Breeders... those all spawn in multiple areas across Istaria.

Shadow Spider Tarantulas of various levels spawn in a different location from the above mentioned mobs as well, and there are considerably more than just 6 of them as well potentially in the world at any given time.

Quote Originally Posted by Velea View Post
    Without being completely sure what specifically you are looking for, I can't really say. But what I can tell you is this... Shadow Spiders, Shadow Spider Hatchlings, Shadow Spider Breeders... those all spawn in multiple areas across Istaria.

Shadow Spider Tarantulas of various levels spawn in a different location from the above mentioned mobs as well, and there are considerably more than just 6 of them as well potentially in the world at any given time.
    I know their spawn areas. They're just full of hatchlings with little to no normal spiders.
    You say "potentially" and i'm now near sure i could've answered my own question - so i'll ask a little more cleary for confimation:

Do shadow spiders and shadow spider hatchlings have a linked spawn to each other?

Do shadow tarantulas and shadow tarantuals have a linked spawn to each other? (and i know blooflies are linked to tarantulas too)

Quote Originally Posted by Azath View Post
    Do shadow tarantulas and shadow tarantuals have a linked spawn to each other? (and i know blooflies are linked to tarantulas too)
    whoops...*Do shadow tarantulas and shadow tarantula hatchlings have a linked spawn to each other? (and i know bloodflies are linked to tarantulas too)

Thread Information