Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Map Pack 3.7

Default Re: Map Pack 3.7

Got it. For some reason Dylan isn't in map pack, weird. I just added him for next update (should be very soon). The reason he was searchable while in Delgarath is it was using the nearby npc (blue dots) feature from the game.
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

Map Pack v17.12.01 is now available.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Features: Cave of the Winds map added (New dungeon for Delta 301)
    Updates:
    This catches up markers for Delta 301.
    Beware some markers may not currently be on Live Shards yet.
    This is meant to be an early preview/release provide assistance to testers.
    But, there is old markers that have been caught up, that don't affect this delta.
    181 markers/updates has occured since last update.

A small correction. Over by Dwarven Barrows you have listed Shadow Tarantulas when all that is in that area are Shadow Spiders. This is at 261/262. All my searches for Tarantulas go to this area. Thanks. Slimey on Order

I found the map saying Mackerel at west side of Tishlar 215,234 this is Bass, not Mackerel

Thanks for last two replies, updated ...

Map Pack v18.05.26 is now available.
    Features: Cave of the Winds map added (New dungeon for Delta 301)
    Updates:
    This catches up markers for Delta 301 and for most part, up to today 5/26/2018 ...
    94 markers/updates has occured since last update.

I do not know if this will be any help or not. Mani, the Lone Wolf, has been relocated. He is not over a cliff by the Farmer anymore. He is now on another ledge just northeast of windmill. Both of these areas were a generalized area with both being a cliff area. He is above the cedar treants and lumber shack. Thanks Slimey on Order

Sslantis is so crowded now like Kion. Your map needs an update around the town. There is a plot just south of Sslantis that shows on world map but not the Sslantis map. I do not know if this can be corrected or not. Just mentioning it. It is at 19885,21465. I have updated my map mod but it really does not reflect all these changes to these towns. Thanks. Slimey on Order

Please update soon. There are so many changes now that I can't list them all. Thank you. Slimey on Order

Need an update so bad
    Abbie: 100 Sorcerer, 100 Wizard, 100 Conjurer, 100 Chaos Warrior

I've got a helper, so got some traction into the next update. Should have something to release with the next delta capture, which should be in a week or so.

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

sauce of awesome!
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

This is what I see Slimey, for Sslanis. I recall a very long time ago , maybe 6 months to a year ago, I redid it to show the plot (it used to not appear). Do you not see this below (showing the entire plot at bottom)? Or anyone else? Please confirm. Can you also choose the Istaria Map, on pulldown menu, click the Search button and search for "Version". It should show v18.05.26

But we will be checking on any updated markers for Sslanis as well.

Edit: Just updated new location of Lone Wolf, also, Thanks.

Last edited by Cegaiel; September 13th, 2018 at 04:05 AM.

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

was just in sslanis to do a quest, and that's what my map looks like as well. i was hunting giant chickens, and the new road and critter markers need updating, at least
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

This is what is happening to me. On Sslanis map, the plot does not show but the buildings there do. On world map just below Sslanis, The full plot shows with all buildings. It may be my update on map. I do not know.
    There are so many areas not showing correctly now. Kion does not show all the new buildings and locations of NPCs like Healer trainer. Map does not show any of new content off coast od North Parsinia. The new island does not show and the ruin castle is sketchy. The new "once a day" quest does not show the cave. Too many items missing to list all here. Valkor's old castle and new one need updating on map.
    Thanks for working on map. Slimey/Fatuous on Order

Slimey: Map Pack uses the vanilla install of the game for all map images, with the exception of dungeons (because dungeons aren't included on the vanilla install of the game).

What this means is a player would see the same Sslanis town map, whether or not they had map pack installed. For Istaria and town maps, whatever the game patcher gives you, is used by both map pack and non-map pack users.

I suspect you might've installed an old mod I used to make, but no longer support (due to the hassle of maintaining multiple versions). I used to have available a 750x750 high-resolution version and a No Tree Mod. Things like Istaria, Sslanis and Kion (and all city maps), do not have any images in the map pack mod.

However, those old mods I used to make (was available from map pack page, as an optional mod, at one time, but not for about a year), did add images (which would be outdated now) into the Sslanis and other some of the other town maps and Istaria main Map.

For example, Sslanis:

If you look at your /resource_override/resources/interface/maps/sslanis folder, there should not be a Terrain folder, or any images inside this folder (if it did exist). If there are, then that will override the game images (from normal /resources folder). Same would be true for Kion folder.

What I would suggest is that you just delete the entire /resources_override/resources/interface folder, then reinstall map pack. If my hunch is correct, you have leftover images that should not be there.

After doing that, if it still does not look correct, then try doing a full scan, from the launcher's configuration button.

----
    Currently, map pack folder: /resources_override/resources/interface/maps should have these folders:

aughundell
    balit
    * cavewind
    chiconis
    dalimond
    drakul
    dralk
    * dralnokdoom
    drowned
    feladan
    * fieryrift
    islesofbattle
    istaria
    kion
    kirasanct
    mahagra
    maps.def
    memorial
    newbrommel
    newkoraelia
    newrachival
    newtrismus
    newvassarak
    * rift
    skalkaar
    spiritisle
    sslanis
    * surtheim
    tazoon
    * tombashlander
    * tombhelian
    * valkor

Only the folders with * asterisk should contain another folder (inside) called 'terrain' in it. If you find a terrain folder (which likely contains image files) in any folder that does not have an asterisk, then that's likely the problem. You could just also delete any folder named 'terrain' from those non-asterisk folders, instead of wiping it out and starting over, as well.
    Last edited by Cegaiel; December 2nd, 2018 at 07:06 PM.

Cegaiel, you were correct. I had the no-trees mod. installed. I deleted it and resource over_override folder. I did a new patch. Everything looks better now. I see island and ruined castle. Thanks. Slimey on Order (also the plot at Sslanis)

Map Pack v18.09.23 is now available.
    Features: Inner Sanctum map added (T1 Dungeon for Delta 304)
    Updates: Nothing Special to Report. Just catching up most markers since last update
    218 markers/updates has occured since last update.

Installer Updates:
    • Upon Un-Installing Map Pack, it will now delete all folders/files in /resources_override/resources/interface/maps folder.
      Previously it would only delete folders/files installed from previous version.
    • This means, if you have any old/obsolete mods installed (ie 750x750 Hi-Resolution Mod or No Tree Mod), any leftover/old images will now be deleted.

Optional: If you want to be sure your map pack folder is clean, follow these steps with the Installer:
    • Install the New Map Pack update.
    • Uninstall Map Pack (by either running Installer again and choose Remove option or by uninstall in control panel).
    • Install the New Map Pack update, again.
      You can now be sure you no longer have any old images or files remaining (causing potential conflicts).

This installer update will help fix scenarios as described below in post #316
    Last edited by Cegaiel; September 25th, 2018 at 06:02 PM.

Map Pack v18.10.05 is now available.
    Features: N/A
    Updates: Primarily, this update addresses multiple outdated/incorrect markers in Sslanis that weren't updated during a revamp of the city a while back. Also missing Oddities Brokers in all major cities. A couple of other misc items.
    94 markers/updates has occured since last update.

Last edited by Cegaiel; October 8th, 2018 at 04:04 AM.

Map Pack v18.11.18 is now available.
    Features: N/A
    Updates: Primarily, this update addresses multiple outdated/incorrect markers in New Trismus that weren't updated during a revamp of the island a while back. Some other misc markers updated from elsewhere.
    90 markers/updates has occured since last update.

Last edited by Cegaiel; December 2nd, 2018 at 07:02 PM.

Thread Information