Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Map Pack 3.7

Default Map Pack 3.7

In the past it has been only possible that one person tweaks the maps, we had basically two different map packs, one that got updated regulary by Cegaiel and a second version that got updated but not regularly released as I'd liked to it. After having some little discussions we had the great idea why not more persons should be able to work on the map pack. Cegaiel did a great job and he stored all the map pack data in a database and we both can work on it with bundled forces due to online editing functions Cegaiel programmed. So the input now is doubled, two map packers working on one united map.

We took the map version from Cegaiel as a basis, as he updated some fairly large regions (like the EDs), there was no automated way to assembly both single versions, so I did that manually over 1.600 edits (new markers, updated markers, deleted obselete markers) got applied to the Map Pack, there is surely enough work left, keeping over 8.000 markers up to date is a fairly large project.

Download here: Map Pack 3.7

We enhanced the newly introduced map function showing quests with larger, better seen, images

All menus got reworked and standarized using new icons which are (hopefully) more logic then the old ones

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Terao; September 5th, 2013 at 08:30 AM.
    Terao (Gnome, Grand Master Crafter, Order [Unity])|Draigourn (Ancient, Master Lairshaper, Lunus, Order)|Echentrial (Ancient, Lunus, Order)

Default Re: Map Pack 3.7

Some new map markers got added aswell

Enjoy!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Terao; September 5th, 2013 at 08:33 AM.
    Terao (Gnome, Grand Master Crafter, Order [Unity])|Draigourn (Ancient, Master Lairshaper, Lunus, Order)|Echentrial (Ancient, Lunus, Order)

Map Pack 3.7 is now available and ready for download. This is the first collaboration between Terao and I. This is basically a complete revamp to Map Pack 3.6. There are too many updates to list (1600+). Be sure to check out the Update History to get more details and complete history.

If you are a current Map Pack 3.6 user, then the 3.7 will integrate seamlessly with your current install. There will be no need to uninstall to upgrade from 3.6 to 3.7. Just upgrade normally by unzipping the file to your Istaria folder.

Download Map Pack 3.7
    Last edited by Cegaiel; September 5th, 2013 at 09:10 AM.
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

great job guys.
    thanks a lot!!

Flameus Nimrod: 100/100/100/100 Lupussan Nimrod: Adventure Rating 278 - Crafting Rating 234 GMC

Fantastic! Great to see a collaboration to this wonderful - and, oh-so-useful - project....many thanks to you both!
    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for thou art crunchy, and extra-tasty dipped in ketchup.

Kida

Thanks so much for updating the pack, guys! I love the new changes!

Out of curiosity, if we see something important that isn't marked on the map, should we let you guys know in this thread or somewhere else? (:

Yes would be nice if you let us know if you see something wrong or missing, post it here or send us a email:
    Terao or Cegaiel

I'm glad you all like it

The NPC's button ...

Wondering if there could be some clarification on the label ... such as Quest NPC's or something to differentiate from Trainers, Merchants and NPC's button.

Loving the update though! Cega gave a heads up on the milestone but had no idea it would be this big!
    rip

The NPC's filter button is the same as it has been forever, only a different icon on the button. Even if you don't have map pack installed, the basic game also has the NPC's filter/button. It simply turns the blue dots on/off. Marker for NPC's in the vicinity of where you are. The other button says 'Trainers, Merchant's, NPC's" which would be the actual map pack marker for an npc (icon of a human body or dragon).

The last patch by Virtrium causes the blue dots to change to a ? or ! icon when a quest person is nearby. That functions still works normally. We did override their images with a larger image and float sizes (from 9 to 16 on map_<city>_npc.def, so it can be seen more easily.
    Last edited by Cegaiel; September 6th, 2013 at 09:36 AM.

Kida

A few minor things I noticed while questing:

The Forest Gruok Youngling marker just south of Bristugo says they're level 23-25, but they're actually level 22-23.

And Forest Skulk Gatherers don't seem to have a marker at all; I found a group of them south of Bristugo around the coordinates (21670/21740), near the flax plants there (which are also unmarked).

Got it! (Sorry Amon for borrowing your catch phrase). Found a few other things nearby too worth adding, as well as a 2nd spawn of gatherers by the road.

So this is weird. I downloaded the pack and can place all the markers but there are no markers allready on the map. Just a big blank map of Istaria. Weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Venge View Post
    So this is weird. I downloaded the pack and can place all the markers but there are no markers allready on the map. Just a big blank map of Istaria. Weird.
    You likely didn't edit your C:\Program Files (x86)\Prefs\Clientprefs_common.def (with notepad).

At the bottom, change this line:
    string mapPath = "resources/interface/maps"

To this:

string mapPath = "resources_override/resources/interface/maps"

Make sure you do this while offline (game not running).

Also make sure you extracted the zip file to C:\Program Files (x86)\Istaria
    If you extracted the zip file to the Istaria folder, then you should see a folder called "Resources" INSIDE of your "Resources_Override" folder. ie you will now see C:\Program Files (x86)\Istaria\Resources_Override\Resources\Interfa ce now. If your Resources_Override folder is blank, then you extracted to the wrong folder.

Be sure to double check you followed the procedures at http://istariareference.com/mappack.asp#install

Lastly, double check your C:\Program Files (x86)\Istaria\Resources\resourcesmeta.def file looks like this:

Code:
    ForceScanDir
    {
    	string	Dir = "world_cache\"
    }

ForceScanDir
    {
    	string	Dir = "resources_override\"
    }

ForceScanDir
    {
    	string	Dir = "artist_preview\"
    }

ForceScanDir
    {
    	string	Dir = "resources\interface\maps\"
    }

ForceScanDir
    {
    	string	Dir = "resources\interface\themes\"
    }
    ForceScanDir
    {
    	string	Dir = "resources_override\resources\interface\maps\"
    }

ForceScanDir
    {
    	string	Dir = "resources_override\resources\interface\themes\"
    }
    The modified 'resourcemeta.def' file is included in the zip file and should have overwritten the previous one, with the above info. Also, make sure when its unzipping, you always choose to Copy/Replace (overwrite) ALL files.

It's edited. Still I have the markers but not the map. Very odd.

And I have a resources folder in the resources_override folder. But I did that while the game was running then restarted. I'll change it back, the overwrite it again and see if that changes. The meta file looks like that.

That did it. Re-edited the string. Apparently if you do it while the game is running then log out and in, it resets your string - interesting. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Venge View Post
    That did it. Re-edited the string. Apparently if you do it while the game is running then log out and in, it resets your string - interesting. Thank you.
    Indeed it does reset... When the game shuts down, you see this "Final Cleanup" thing. That's where it overwrites all the last known settings to all the .def files. The 'last known settings' are what it reads when you first start the game. So if you edit while the game is running, it is not recognized. When it shuts down, it just overwrites it with what it saw when the game was started (before you edited it). That's really the only exception, is the very first time you install map pack. Now that you have that file editted, future updates CAN be updated/unzipped even while you are online. Just opening and closing the map will reload all the files in the resources_override folder (where map pack resides) every time you open the map.

Within the next days the next update of our collaborated Map Pack 3.7 will be ready for download. It will include some nifty updates and additions:

Fix and colored map for Ilses of Battle (yes they are called Ilses of Battle - not Isle of Battles )

City map for Feladan

City map for New Rachival

Map for Tomb of Ashlandar Vandus (many thanks to Pharaxes for the raw map)

Map for Helian's Tomb (many thanks to Pharaxes for the raw map)

The maps are almost complete now. Cegaiel will tell you when he got it ready for download, make sure to check back here
    Last edited by Terao; September 15th, 2013 at 03:28 PM.

I don't see any reason not to release it now, except for any last minute changes... But those minor things can wait until the next update, as this is too good to wait. Update is now available ... Please grab the lastest version of Map Pack 3.7 (9.15.2013) here.

Remember folks, always unzip the patches to 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Istaria' (or your current game folder)

Special Thanks to Pharaxes for the raw map data on Helian's Tomb and Tomb of Ashlandar Vandus.

Terao, you nailed it again, good job

It looks amazing I must say. I have 2 questions and one comment.
    Question One: I had the map pack years ago but when the game patched it got wiped and I got tired of reinstalling it. Will this still happen?
    Question Two: Will installing it remove the markers I have placed on my maps myself?
    And the comment: How about working on a good icon mod. The old one isn't so hot and I can not get it to work anymore. Not at all.
    Cixi
    Gnome Extraordinaire
    FREE RACHIVAL NOW!!!
    Join the GLF! *Gnome Liberation Front

Thread Information