Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Map Pack 3.7

Default Re: Map Pack 3.7

You may want to extract the map pack files elsewhere, the copy them into the game folder manually. You have 2 installs, so perhaps you extracted it into the second copy of the game?

Nowhere near Slayvite's Lair i can tell you that. He has Ranch sauce instead of shampoo.

was very careful to extract it to the main copy, but I manually copied the map folder across to where it should be.
    I can now open the map again but now only my char icon appears on a black background.....*sighs*

I've checked the .zip file and it's working like it should. Windows 7 or 8 acting very carefully if you have installed the programs in the standard C:\Program Files (x86)\..., unzipping directly into the Istaria folder may fail.

Try the following: unzip the map pack to your desktop and move the UNZIPPED resource and resource_override folder from there to your Istaria folder.

And be sure that the entry ...\Istaria\prefs\ClientPrefs_Common.def, search for the line string mapPath = "..." entry (copy & paste) is correct

Code:
    string mapPath = "resources_override/resources/interface/maps"
    Terao (Gnome, Grand Master Crafter, Order [Unity])|Draigourn (Ancient, Master Lairshaper, Lunus, Order)|Echentrial (Ancient, Lunus, Order)

Nowhere near Slayvite's Lair i can tell you that. He has Ranch sauce instead of shampoo.

Ok I got the map pack to 'work'.
    Had to change the Terrain file from 256 to 512. Guess the fix don't work for all systems.
    Only got 1 row of tab icons down the side of map now and only the Istaria map (no individual city maps) but I can live with that.

Thanks for the help guys and gals.

nb, on investigating more it seems I have the Virtrium map box and icons but with the hi res map and new icons on it.

Still having problems....
    Can you tell me if this is correct?
    the hi res mappack zip unpacks to the resource override folder?
    because I cannot see it there on a fresh install (everything newly installed) but I do see it now in the normal resource folder??
    Is this maybe whats going wrong?

Ok, I've sorted it and now have a fully working map 3.7 hi res.

No idea what was wrong with it in the end. I ended up re-installing the 3.6 map then installing the hi-res map again and this time it worked. (I did nothing differently)
    I'll put it down to the stupid Windows 8 operating system

Quote Originally Posted by terrox View Post
    I have done all that Cegaiel and all that i get is the circle with the arrow
    Something isn't right, or else it would be working. Are you absolutely sure that these two conditions are TRUE?

1) When you double click resources_override/resources/interface/themes/default/texture/map_indicator_direction.png that you are seeing the green dragon and not the dot with circle?

2) Your prefs/Clientprefs_common.def says this (about 6 lines from bottom) - Open with Notepad

Code:
    string mapPath = "resources_override/resources/interface/maps"
    Lastly, verify you do not have a duplicate copy of mappack in the resources_override folder.

An example of an epic fail that I did recently was I renamed my /resource_override/resources folder to resources_override/resourcesBAK. My thinking was that I could then install the new version (when I was testing) and not lose my back up version.

So in that case, I had two copies, one under /resources_override/resources/... and /resources_override/resourcesBAK

Even though my Clientprefs_common.def points to the /resources_override/resources there will still be a conflict. The game will read ALL files in the resources_override, period. So two copies, it will be merging the contents from both folders. When I did that, it wasn't doing things I know it should have. That was why, two copies. As soon as I moved my backup (resourcesBAK) completely out of the resources_override into a different temp folder, then everything worked correctly.

If condition 1 and 2 are TRUE then I can only suggest checking for the duplicates, maybe wiping out the resources_override folder and start over again.

If you or anyone has problems, feel free to grab TeamViewer (free) and chat me (Add Contact: Name/Email = sharpguy32 at (that's @) yahoo.com - Green dot beside Contact means they are online). Best time to catch me on is between 10/11PM to (varies 4AM-7AM) EST (-5 GMT). I do get on quite a bit earlier on Saturday and Sunday. Will chat anyone; If need be, can also connect to your PC and you can watch me move your mouse and investigate your file structure. I've done this for quite a few and have never failed fixing any install yet
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

One time I had a problem installing Mappack and I figure out that the "Use Folder Names " in Winzip was not checked and it was sending everything to the Istaria main folder and not to the folders that they should be in. Not sure if this helps. But good info to know.
    Dacurly Dac : Phoenix Fellowship Guild : Chaos Server
    http://phoenixfellowship.clanz.co/

Thanks cegaiel for all your advise . I wiped out both my istaris folder 1 and 2 ( for 2 different accounts ) and reloaded both updates for 3.7 and now my little green dragon is back flying over istaria . both you and guaran where lots of help

You have found interesting things even so you might not have noticed it, Terao *grins some*

Look at that:

An island, which is placed somewhere beyond the boundaries where players can reach it. And you accidentally made a map of it
    Research Assistant Pharaxes Sphaerideion (started playing 2007-09-08, ascended 2008-06-15)
    Dragon Adventurer: 100 (2009-01-05) Dragon Crafter: 100 (prior 2008-06-04)
    Dragon Crystalshaper: 100 (2013-12-21) Dragon Lairshaper: 100 (2013-09-28)

Hey Terao,

the current blight update (385.5) kills the map pack (found out here.

I guess it has something to do with the def files mentioned in the other thread, but I'm not sure about that.

Fun fact:
    Istaria created a map folder "forbiddenzone" and in the maps.def one can see following:
    Code:
    //    string map22 = "Rift-A-DEV"
    //    string map23 = "BlightedLabyrinth-DEV"
    //    string map24 = "Tomb_Ashlander-DEV"
    //    string map25 = "Tomb_Helian-DEV"
    //    string map26 = "forbiddenzone-DEV"
    Research Assistant Pharaxes Sphaerideion (started playing 2007-09-08, ascended 2008-06-15)

I just posted instructions and information on the changes made to the 386.5 client. Please see the reply at:
    http://community.istaria.com/forum/showthread.php?28539-Missing-Map-Files

Thank you very much

This is the code that will fix the error on Blight 386.5. This is maps.def (NEW) that will be placed in the /resources_override/resources/interface/maps folder:

You can also download maps.def.zip. Then unzip somewhere and copy maps.def to the above folder location.

Code:
    GAME_MAP_LIST
    {
        string map1 = "Aughundell"
        string map2 = "Balit's"
        string map3 = "Chiconis"
        string map4 = "Dalimond"
        string map5 = "Drakul"
        string map6 = "Dralk"
        string map7 = "Drowned"
        string map8 = "Dralnoks_Doom"
        string map9 = "Drowned"
        string map10 = "Feladan"
        string map11 = "Fiery_Rift"
        string map12 = "Helians_Tomb"
        string map13 = "Isle_of_Battles"
        string map14 = "Istaria"
        string map15 = "Kion"
        string map16 = "Kirasanct"
        string map17 = "Mahagra"
        string map18 = "New_Brommel"
        string map19 = "New_Koraelia"
        string map20 = "New_Trismus"
        string map21 = "New_Vassarak"
        string map22 = "New_Rachival"
        string map23 = "Rift"
        string map24 = "Skalkaar"
        string map25 = "Spirit_Isle"
        string map26 = "Sslanis"
        string map27 = "Serenity"
        string map28 = "Tazoon"
        string map29 = "Tomb_Ashlandar"
    }
    This is bare bones minimum, there are many new things regarding the map that has been added. We're working on a compatible update that will work on both Live server and the Blight patch.

Note the pulldown menu no longer sorts alphabetically. Something changed on the patch. Pulldown menu on map not sorted Alphabetitcally on Blight. Hopefully that will be fixed soon.

works like a charm

Only Island of the Drowned is listed twice

Edit again:
    I somehow don't see my disk or other players *ponders*
    Last edited by Pharaxes; January 9th, 2014 at 02:28 PM.

This mini update should fix all issues for map pack on 385.20 Blight patch (when using Map Pack). Corrected the maps.def file, too (removed duplicate Isle of Drowned, Removed reference to Serenity (which was removed from map pack a while ago). This will allow the player markers (yellow dot) to display again. It will also show npc markers in 3 different colors (just like the non map pack Blight version 385.20 does, now).

NPC's: Blue Dot
    NPC Trainer: Green Dot
    NPC Trader: Red Dot (ie Pawnbroker, Consigner, Fashion Designer, Tavernkeeper, Quartermaster, etc.)

You guys should also test the Latest blight patch without using Map Pack. It's pretty awesome. You can test it by simply moving your resources_override folder to a temp folder (and of course updating the /prefs/Clientprefs_common.def file (string MapPath).

You can't see everything they've done with map pack installed (activated). In addition to the 3 different colored dots (which this patch will now show), they've also updated most of the "city" map images with a fancy high resolution image. Most of the "City" maps and the "Isle" map images are updated. We may or may not include them or some in next map pack update (we'll see).

But you should at least check it out without map pack to see how it looks to a player not using map pack To switch back and forth, just simply change the /Prefs/Clientprefs_common.def: No Map Pack: string mapPath = "resources/interface/maps" to Map Pack: string mapPath = "resources_override/resources/interface/maps". Or Vice Versa. If you test Blight without map pack installed, be sure to Open Map and select each map (Pulldown menu) and select every possible map. Look at each map, most of the graphics has changed!

Only mentioning all of this because I was pretty impressed with it.

Anyhoo, Download: Blight_386.5_MapPack_Fix(1.10.2014).zip and unzip to your MAIN GAME FOLDER (likely C:\Program Files(x86)\Istaria)

See screenshot below, of what the new 3 colored (Green, Red, Blue dot markers) looks like. This is by Virtrium, not a map pack feature, however, this update will make it show up correctly!

Kudos, Virtirum for the new features. This will help with players with legacy installs (unzipping old archives to restore their game). These new updates will prevent showing duplicate maps (when a map folder name changes, or multiple variations of an old folder exists). The maps.def file will be law as to what shows in the map when multiple variations of different folders exist.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Cegaiel; January 10th, 2014 at 09:41 AM.

just unzipped it while I was in the game and the duplicate names are gone already when I closed and opened the map weee

Here is another mini-update (for Blight patch users ONLY). Not tested for backwards compatibility for Live (Chaos/Order) users, so don't use this .zip unless you will use the Blight Patch exclusively).

This doesn't actually fix any thing that is broken (except on previous post) but does set the NPC marker colors to the current theme as the latest blight patch (386.10) displays.

This will cause the NPC colored dots to be:
    Blue = NPC's
    Red = NPC Trainers
    Green = Traders (Quartermasters, PB, etc)
    Pink = Vault Keeper
    Light Green = Group Members

Of course Yellow continues to be other players...

Download: Blight_386.10_MapPack_Fix(1.15.2014).zip . Unzip to your main game folder (Likely C:\Program Files (x86)\Istaria).
    Last edited by Cegaiel; January 16th, 2014 at 10:44 AM.

Ceg, if you are going to import all the newer city maps that vitrium has made, the New Rachival map can now be deleted since the tazoon map contains new rachival now.

Ah, had not noticed that, very interesting Devs are full of suprises these days, eh? Speaking of surprises, I hear there is going to be a cool tool introduced to the game soon. Not giving a spoiler either, just have to wait and see! Am eagerly waiting for it myself

Thread Information