Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Map Pack 3.7

Default Re: Map Pack 3.7

Quote Originally Posted by Pharaxes View Post
    You have found interesting things even so you might not have noticed it, Terao *grins some*

Look at that:
    http://i.imgur.com/oRhXeld.png

An island, which is placed somewhere beyond the boundaries where players can reach it. And you accidentally made a map of it
    I checked that place. Nothing there heh... and on my map it's not there as well. I really wonder how you got that
    Research Assistant Pharaxes Sphaerideion (started playing 2007-09-08, ascended 2008-06-15)
    Dragon Adventurer: 100 (2009-01-05) Dragon Crafter: 100 (prior 2008-06-04)
    Dragon Crystalshaper: 100 (2013-12-21) Dragon Lairshaper: 100 (2013-09-28)

Map Pack v2.6.2014 is now available. Fixes all issues with latest 386.15 Live/Delta patch on Feb 4, 2014.

Includes all new features introduced by Virtrium. Fixed Compatibility issues (Popup box "Missing Map Files" error).
    All all Non-Istaria (big) map map images (City/Island/Dungeons) updated with the latest high resolution images (by Virtrium).
    New button "Nearby Machines" shows machines nearby to your current location.

As always, unzip to your main Istaria folder (Likely C:\Program Files (x86)\Istaria)
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

Map Pack v2.8.2014 is now available. Fixes issues from the 2.6.2014 map pack, which was a rushed version to quickly address map not found errors.

This is the version that was originally intended. Adds gray markers (added today on Delta 386.15.1) to be used by the new "Nearby Machines" button (instead of the temporarily set colored map pack markers). More easy to distinguish the markers displayed by the two different buttons. Nearby Machines (new button/feature) uses gray markers. Crafting machines button (map pack original) still used colored markers. 2.6.2014 was showing colored markers for both buttons (while waiting on a copy of the gray markers).

See below screenshot for example of the new Nearby Machines button (displays all player and imperial machines near your avatar location). Remember these markers display from Virtrium's db. So these markers will also reflect newly built or deleted machines. Everytime you open the map, these are updated in realtime. Thanks again to Virtrium for this lovely feature.

Note should any markers display an icon of a house, this is a temporary placemarker/icon until a future database update by Virtrium. As soon as this happens, the markers will automatically show the correct icons (possibly a tweaked map_machines.def may be needed too).

As always, unzip to your main Istaria folder (Likely C:\Program Files (x86)\Istaria)
    Attached Images Attached Images

I love the icons but I also like marking my map as I find them. Is there a way to have the icons but leave the map blank?

It depends which server board I think is which.

I'll say it's possible because I had that at one point but I completely forgot how I did it.

You can still add/remove your own markers with map pack installed. Its the exact same method as if you did not have it installed. Just click the * button (very top left corner) and add your own marker. Then to show/hide markers you've added, click the other * button. So you could just untick all button except the * button and you will only see markers you've added. Map pack does not interfere with the ability to add/remove icons and they are kept in the same location as non map pack users (/prefs/server_CharacterName/uimapmarkers.def). I don't really see a reason to not use map pack for the purpose of adding/removing your own marker locations. Again, you can hide every single map pack marker (by unticking every button, except the * (Markers) button (which is your own markers).

But, if you really want to just use the map pack icons without map pack installed, here's how:

Copy UIMapWindow.def from map pack folder:
    /resources_override/resources/interface/themes/default/defs/

Copy the UIMapWindow.def file and overwrite (Copy and Replace option) to this location:

/resources/interface/themes/default/defs

Copy all files (they are all images) from the /resources_override/resources/interface/themes/default/textures folder.
    Overwrite and copy to this folder: /resources/interface/themes/default/textures folder.

That's it

Screenshot shows my add Markers screen without map pack installed.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thank you much

I didn't know you could toggle off all the markers but yours. Works great. Nice work.

Map shows an out portal at Genevia Island: Bridgehold but I guess it was removed when they resized the plots.

I couldn't live without your Map Pack
    Dee
    IGN: Deelighted, Deeclaw, Deelusion, Deestiny, Deemure, Deecree, Deeno
    Brains & Brawn Guild

Ahh, indeed, Scorpion Isle: Bridgehold no longer has portal. Thanks, will update the db. Will have to dig around patch notes/news again. I usually catch all added/deleted pads+portals from the news, but either they didn't mention that, or I missed some notes, will look to make sure didn't miss others. Or if any other pad/portals have changed, be sure to post them or direct me to the patch notes page with the list.

Note to self/Terao... Maybe should re-investigate the plots to make sure the plot marker locations and sizes (tooltip) are correct for plots, such as Bridgehold...
    Last edited by Cegaiel; March 3rd, 2014 at 04:07 AM.

Actually, see a portal for Bridgehold at 17835, 15226. It's south of pad instead of north. So map pack is still totally wrong, but at least there is a portal there. Will be corrected on next update.

v4.19.2014 is now available to download.

This update mainly addresses the newly revamped Isle of Ice, but a few misc updates, too.

As usual, make sure you unzip to your MAIN game folder (Likely C:\Program Files (x86)\Istaria) - Overwrite (Copy & Replace) all files.

I've recently started using the mini-map (ctrl-M) and found that the buttons for displaying/hiding map markers on the mini-map are truncated. Is this because I've got the map pack installed or is this a problem with the mini-map generally?

Quote Originally Posted by Tzael View Post
    I've recently started using the mini-map (ctrl-M) and found that the buttons for displaying/hiding map markers on the mini-map are truncated. Is this because I've got the map pack installed or is this a problem with the mini-map generally?
    I rarely use the mini-map, but also noticed that all the buttons didn't display before. The mini-map was set to use a limited amount of buttons (that show without map pack installed). So the issue was the mini-map overall. But its fixable (previously I did not think it was, so dismissed the idea until you mentioned it), so thanks for that!

Look at below screenshot, top left shows no map pack installed, top right shows what it looks like with old map pack installed.
    Bottom image shows what it look like now, fixed! (Read more below image...)

Maybe thats why I stopped using it (didn't think it could be fixed). After looking more closely, I have come up with a solution that happened to work.

I have fixed it so that all the buttons will now show on Mini-Map. You lose a few pixels of the map, but now can see all the buttons now. The size of the actual Mini-Map window is still the same.

I wasn't in the mood to add a new patch version, so the version remains the same (4.19.2014) but there is a new zip file now available to download; so re-download the .zip file, if you got this version previously (pretend this is a brand new patch file, but re-download it).

Repost (new .zip file and patch notes):

I will probably re-do in future to recover the lost pixels of map, but just increase the overall size of the window to compensate for that...
    Last edited by Cegaiel; April 20th, 2014 at 10:32 AM.

Question Re: Map Pack 3.7 (Senenity islkand blank map)

I noticed Serenity island is completely black (picture attached) but there are files inb recourses__override
    for it? is that intended behaviour?

Serenity directoy in istaria-respources_override-interface-maps-Serenity.jpg

Default Re: Map Pack 3.7 (Senenity island blank map)

cant attach empty map image

Default Re: Map Pack 3.7 (Senenity islkand blank map)

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzynco View Post
    I noticed Serenity island is completely black (picture attached) but there are files inb recourses__override
    for it? is that intended behaviour?
    Terao and I decided quite a few patches back to remove Serenity map. Since there are quite a bit of maps on map pack now, we felt that was an unnecessary map to keep. Since map pack is a .zip file, it can't remove old files that exist, so that's why you still have the Serenity files. The latest .zip files do not contain Serenity. However, that alone doesn't explain why you're seeing a black image of Serenity, and I know why (Serenity shouldn't even be on your list in the pulldown menu of the Map Window, currently!

The screenshot you attached is very informative and tells me what the problem is you're having. Virtrium added a new feature about 2 game patches ago, that includes a file called maps.def . This file is absolutely necessary for your map to work and it tells the game what the list of maps to load are.

The screenshot you attached shows your files in resources_override/interface/maps which tells me you have map pack version 3.5 installed and very obsolete. Even map pack 3.6 is obsolete now and will not work with the new system. But both 3.6 and 3.7 will have the files reside in /resources_override/resources/interface/maps (quite different than your screenshot).

I recommend you completely delete your resources_override/interface folder complete and start over. If you do not have any other mods (sound or dragon mods, then you can safely delete the entire resources_override folder to be sure. Do a complete fresh install of 3.7.

You will want to follow the instruction on How to upgrade 3.5 to 3.7 because this involves an extra step that 3.5 used to have (Read only permissions on the file named UIMapWindow.def file in your /resources folder).

If you get stuck along the way, catch me on Chaos server and I can try to help more. If you don't see me or play on another server, install Team Viewer and add [email protected] to the contact list. It will send me an email to approve you. Keep the program on around 10PM-5AM (Eastern Daylight Time -4 GMT, whenever you are online) and when I see you online, will chat you (or anyone else for that matter) and walk you through and/or connect to your PC and move your mouse to verify the installation and do any steps necessary

MAP PACK 3.7 IS NOW AVAILABLE IN AN INSTALLER PROGRAM!

I am pleased to announce that there is now (I hope) a foolproof method to install Map Pack 3.7 with an .exe/msi installer program. Likewise, you would be able to uninstall it directly from the Control Panel (Uninstall Programs). Your game will be returned to the previous state after the uninstall (requiring no additional work, editing files, removing read only permissions, etc, etc).

All of the complicated looking instructions on the Map Pack page is pretty much obsolete now if you use the installer. It will take care of EVERYTHING!

I strongly encourage anyone who does not have map pack to try out the new installer. If you've tried to install it before and failed, then this is the solution you've been waiting for. Current map pack users certainly can also use the installer as well.

This installer will install the following files/folders:

Prefs folder: It will add/overwrite your ClientPrefs_Common.def using the factory settings plus the modified entry: string mapPath = "resources_override/resources/interface/maps" .

If you have set certain features, such as /setpref useLoadingScreen false (loading screen off) or "/setpref environmentsystem false (weather effects off) , then those features will get reset. Thus requiring you to set those features again. You can make a backup of your /prefs/ClientPrefs_Common.def file and replace it after the install too (assuming you already have map pack installed already).

Resources folder: It will overwrite resourcemeta.def and set read-only permissions to this file (preventing a reset from the game's patcher program).

Resources_Override folder: It will add/overwrite appropriate files in the resources/interface folder.

There was a update to Map Pack on May 3, 2013 (v 5.3.2014), however I did not announce it here, because it wasn't a very large update. I figured you'd eventually notice. But since I'm posting about the installer, I'll also add the fact of a new version.

If you are not sure what version you have, then open your game map, while in Istaria pulldown menu, search (magnifying glass icon) for the word "Version" without the "quotation marks".

v 5.3.2014

Patch Notes
    Download

Again, please try out the installer. Also current map pack users, I recommend (but not necessary) you make a backup copy of your /prefs/ClientPrefs_Common.def file, because it will get overwritten.

P.S. The .zip version will still continue to be available...
    Last edited by Cegaiel; May 8th, 2014 at 04:03 AM.

Map Pack v5.25.2014 is now available.

This update is mainly to the .exe installer file, but also includes all locations updated since last patch!

The .exe installer will no longer attempt to overwrite your existing /prefs/ClientPrefs_Common.def file.
    Instead it will search/edit your existing /prefs/ClientPrefs_Common.def and change:
    "resources/interface/maps" to "resources_override/resources/interface/maps" during an Install.
    It will also search/edit your existing /prefs/ClientPrefs_Common.def and change
    "resources_override/resources/interface/maps" to "resources/interface/maps" during an Uninstall.

This should resolve any issues from previous .exe versions not working correctly;
    failure to replace the ClientPrefs_Common.def with the correct mapPath string (everything else worked, but this step might fail and prevent map pack from working).

Additionally, removed a flag that might prevent installation on non-Engligh windows layouts.
    Important instructions/notes now included on the installer dialogue.

Basically all this means is the .exe installer should work as intended now. It will now add the correct files (where needed) and update the correct .def file (in your prefs folder); altering only the string mapPath with the correct path. All of your previous settings will be unaltered and the install/uninstall should be seamless now. If you uninstall map pack then it will alter your string MapPath back to "resources/interface/maps", but still keep all of your other settings.

Until I figure out a way to restore /resources/resourcemeta.def after an uninstall, you WILL need to do a full scan (Troubleshoot button) on the game launcher, after an Uninstall! If the devs could make the /resources/resourcemeta.def file auto-create (if missing upon startup of game) then that would help. The /prefs/ClientPrefs_Common.def is auto-created (if missing) when you start the game. So if the resourcemeta.def could also be auto-created upon game startup, then that'd make everything foolproof (wink wink). The installer deletes the resourcemeta.def file, but the game doesn't auto-create it and the game fails to load (no errors, just hangs forever, after an Uninstall).

Please test out the .exe installer (current map pack users). See if it upgrades correctly without messing up any of your settings. Remember to verify the version after an install, open Map in game, choose Istaria map on pulldown menu. Then search for the word "Version" without quotation marks. You should see 5.25.2014 if it installed correctly. Thanks!

Map Pack 3.7 v6.24.2014 is now available.

New Mini-Map buttons, Higher Resolution maps introduced/reinstated, as well as 150+ misc changes!

Please review patch notes and download below:

Enjoy!

Thread Information