Thread: Knight of Creation

Default Knight of Creation

As the Shield of Creation and Blade of Creation are summoned and can't be teched I had a idea. I think it would be great to add new abilities to KNOC. It would add some abilities to the summoning idea and the really nice shield and blade could really nead some love. Some kind of
    Shield Powress
    Blade Powress

Working like Summon Flame Elements, but only usable by KNOC and only for the Blade and Shield of Creation. The ability adds different buffs to shield and blade, comparable to techs for crafted weapons, the effects should last 2 hours like gifts do.

For the shield for example: Protection of Mysticism (adding spirit, nature, blight ward/resist), Protection of Arcane (adding flame, ice, energy ward/resist) or Toughness (adding health and armor)

For the blade, example: Ice Blade, Flame Blade, Blight Blade - converting damage and adding delay adjusted damage. I think this would be a nice addition for the KNOC.
    Terao (Gnome, Grand Master Crafter, Order [Unity])|Draigourn (Ancient, Master Lairshaper, Lunus, Order)|Echentrial (Ancient, Lunus, Order)

Default Re: Knight of Creation

Shields and sword bonuses i really like this idea. Now their should be some variation perhaps something like...
    shields of mystical warding.. spirit/nature/blight/life resistance
    Shields of elemental warding. Flame/Ice/energy/mind resist
    Shields of defense. Slash/crush/peirce/block

Sword of prowess.. parry/dex/one handed slash
    Sword of striking.. str/damage buff/DOT similar to a relevent crystal

I am ob iuosly not expect all the bonuses but just an idea.

I think some or most of these had been suggested in the Knoc thread, or another, already, but...
    how about, quested abilities similar to Blessing of Istaria (which is the buff Knoc gets, in case we'd forgotten) but has the different defense bonuses you mentioned? I don't think we need any further damage conversions, but if the summoned shield/sword could have sockets that would help a lot.
    --- iuvenilis --- [Officer of The Alliance]
    Demonslaying since July 2004

But how can you socket something that disappears if removed... that was the idea i was suggesting with the abilities. But yeah sure make them quests if thats feasible i can even come up with a quest line... or try too. Perhaps something that intersects the shining blade questline.

Sockets aren't possible, thats why I'd like to see a set of abilities supporting the Shield and Sword of Creation, in some way like a tech on a crafted weapon.
    Terao (Gnome, Grand Master Crafter, Order [Unity])|Draigourn (Ancient, Master Lairshaper, Lunus, Order)|Echentrial (Ancient, Lunus, Order)

Elemental attacks are already covered. If anything, more weapons. Your a conjuring knight after all, so why not up the sword as-is and add new weaponry like a 1hb? Give each weapon a unique proc, something special for KNOC. Any incentive would be better than what exists, the class is a waste of rating.
    rip

This was only ment to be an example, the +damage gain should also be larger like +15, comparable to the new crystals. If it's a damage conversion or what ever, but there should be something done to improve KNOC.

Quote Originally Posted by Terao View Post
    Sockets aren't possible, thats why I'd like to see a set of abilities supporting the Shield and Sword of Creation, in some way like a tech on a crafted weapon.
    Yep thats what i was trying to point out.

For the Conjurer it would be nice to have a Staff of Creation.

I like the idea of a conjured staff. And some kind of unique effects on it.

Improve the existing conjured sword, and add a few more choices too, such as a conjured 2hs sword, maybe a conjured mace and/or maul. Each could have some sort of different effects/bonuses. Could even have those require 1hc, 2hc skills, to promote multiclassing. Might as well have a conjured spike or dagger too

Why would a knoc use either a staff or a Mace when they can't use them... although i like the idea of a conjured 2h sword.

Although a conjured staff for a conjuror sounds cool.

To give the KNOC more of a reason to multiclass, it would a nice idea to have the Shield of Creation "instantly mastered". The shield really looks nice and if the bonuses added to it I'm sure the one or other would use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Terao View Post
    To give the KNOC more of a reason to multiclass, it would a nice idea to have the Shield of Creation "instantly mastered". The shield really looks nice and if the bonuses added to it I'm sure the one or other would use it.
    But then you'd potentially get a tier 1 class armed with a tier 5 shield. So i would have to say no to this..perhaps make it masterable.. but not instant.

Although how about letting knocs learn pheonix rising 3. It is after all a summon skill/ability

Yeah, the conjured staff idea was to be for the conjuror class.

The different weapons ideas for BTLM, are to have a few choices available for the "technique equivalent" buff Terao was originally suggesting. So in the event a separate buff ability for whatever reason cannot be done, instead just have some pre-buffed choices available. So, instead of a buff which would likely be conjured to apply to an already conjured sword (starting to sound like they would conflict or something technical might prevent this from working), we just get a few new options to pick from, each with a few built-in buffs already in place, that reflect the old sword + some extra buffs/effects.

Also, having a few different choices of conjured style weapons is cool just since they are different looking.

Thread Information